Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jasunap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Originally posted by: kavith_2305

Leave this world yaar if u look ugly there will be one group to laugh at you.Will you grow your complex and commit suicide???Think about your family and wife..Dont allow complex to grow due to society...

hey kavitha, that is irrelevant.  nobody was talking about the world.  and by the way most suicides do take place becos of complexes.  further society does not give you the complex.  but the male ego does when the wife earns more than the husband.  encouraging etc comes along for a few months maybe years, but after that complexes do begin

Too_Much thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: jasunap

hey kavitha, that is irrelevant.  nobody was talking about the world.  and by the way most suicides do take place becos of complexes.  further society does not give you the complex.  but the male ego does when the wife earns more than the husband.  encouraging etc comes along for a few months maybe years, but after that complexes do begin

agree with you completly

hazelgirl thumbnail
agree with u all...specially with willow 😛
Willows thumbnail

Originally posted by: hazelgirl

agree with u all...specially with willow 😛

Thanks for the kind words, i appreciate,you write equally good.

mist thumbnail

Originally posted by: jasunap

encouraging the woman to study etc is wonderful and many men these days do it and feel proud of those qualifications, but when the wife is more qualified and begins to earn more, complexes arise.   and it does manifest itself in a lot of other forms like insecurity in the relationships, unnecessary use of words in arguements, tongue in cheek remarks etc. 

That is so so true. It is all about personal egos and complexes. Most people feel the marriage and relationship between the husband and wife can govern such feelings. But no! I am a working wife. My mother is a working wife. My parents have been happily married for more than 25 years and both have successful careers, but like you say - the unnecessary words and tongue in cheek is not completely absent.

Womens lib has a long way to go.. Today to be a succesful wife, to be a successful career woman you cannot do without learnign to manage the egos of your co workers and partner

Willows thumbnail
Originally posted by: mist

That is so so true. It is all about personal egos and complexes. Most people feel the marriage and relationship between the husband and wife can govern such feelings. But no! I am a working wife. My mother is a working wife. My parents have been happily married for more than 25 years and both have successful careers, but like you say - the unnecessary words and tongue in cheek is not completely absent.

<>Womens lib has a long way to go.. Today to be a succesful wife, to be a successful career woman you cannot do without learnign to manage the egos of your co workers and partner</>

Well yes there could be some experience which could be bitter but speaking from a idealistic situation, the man should feel happy and should own up that he has played his part of the relationship, and he is a equal partner of his wife's success, being negative will only cause downfall not only in the relationship but also the success which is bestowed upon by the almighty.
I believe if the partnership is not to do with one upmanship, if such is the case than marriage is wrong choice, for there cannot be first among equals, and prerequisite for equality is equal freedom, equal rights, equal everything.

Though i agree women's lib has a long way to go, but at least start in the right direction would lead to the goal.Coming back to topic, i have seen people where wife not only earns more but is a lucky omen and the husband takes up the job of managing the wife's career and also uses her luck to best possible use in his business / profession.

mist thumbnail
In most of the cases, particularly with our generation, I think it is not as strong as "one up manship"
More often than not partners are supportive and liberal in encouragement.
But a male ego cannot control the surge of jealousy, a pang of insecurity. And it is but natural. I am not saying women are above such human tendancies..but traditionally and a woman accepts her husband as the literal "better half"
Willows thumbnail

Originally posted by: mist

In most of the cases, particularly with our generation, I think it is not as strong as "one up manship"
More often than not partners are supportive and liberal in encouragement.
But a male ego cannot control the surge of jealousy, a pang of insecurity. And it is but natural. I am not saying women are above such human tendancies..but traditionally and a woman accepts her husband as the literal "better half"

Well i am man and if my wife is luckier than me in terms of sucess than i would name everything which is mine in her name, so as to increase our fortune. 

mist thumbnail
Originally posted by: Willows

Well i am man and if my wife is luckier than me in terms of sucess than i would name everything which is mine in her name, so as to increase our fortune. 

Maybe if your wife is lucky... what if she were more brilliant , workign in the same company and more appreciated 😉

just a tease really.. :-) not at all a personal attack..

hope you dont take offense 😃

jasunap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

as the saying goes, exceptions always prove the rule and you were the exception that was going to prove this one! neways good luck. hope you remain this way and your future wife is lucky! 😃

and this is in anticipation of willows msg which is to be posted after mine!😆

Edited by jasunap - 18 years ago