Debate Mansion

WIFE EARNING MORE THEN HUSBAND….

Too_Much thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 18 years ago

This is new generation and new age woman is coming forward and ready to take up any kind of task. So discussing that female should work or not is of no use, but as both work I mean wife and husband. Will there be any inferiority complex???? I mean if wife earns more then husband then how husband will feel and what other will feel. Now many here feel woman and men are equal they should be treated equal, so can this point will make then unequal.

According to me there will be no such feeling between them because understanding each other is one of the main pillar in there relation. But others point out this thing to husband on regular intervals then he may feel little discomfort and he too starts thinking on this issue.

So I need you comment, Can such thing will bring difference in there relation??

Request to all, think practically and please be on track because some member(s) will drag this topic on sex discussion, disrespect female and point out there negative features.

NO INTENSION TO HURT ANY ONES FEELING😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*dolly* thumbnail
ahmed,

when I was working full time 3 years ago and before... i was getting 3 dollar an hr more than mu hubby,we never had problems. A marriage established on love and respect of soulmate can withstand and even grow when the wife begins earning more than the husband. However, if the relationship was based on feeding each other's ego or out of need rather than love, then it is likely that estrangement and divorce will take place.There are perhaps very few cultures where it is accepted that women earn more income than men. In most cases it is accepted that men would earn more. The issue extends beyond income and is reflected in areas such as intelligence and level of education. But what happens when a woman is more intelligent, educated, and earns more than a man who could possibly be her husband, or even if she is married and earns more than her husband?

so my conclution is
The circumstance of a wife earning more than the husband can certainly make more apparent the strain in a spousal relationship. However, likely the strain existed from the beginning and the spousal relationship was not based upon true love and respect of each other from the very beginning.
Thus,the woman's earning more income than the man is not the cause of spousal misunderstanding, estrangement, or divorce. Rather it can be a catalyst that reveals the hidden vulnerabilities in a spousal relationship.

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: guess_gallery

This is new generation and new age woman is coming forward and ready to take up any kind of task. So discussing that female should work or not is of no use, but as both work I mean wife and husband. Will there be any inferiority complex???? I mean if wife earns more then husband then how husband will feel and what other will feel. Now many here feel woman and men are equal they should be treated equal, so can this point will make then unequal.

According to me there will be no such feeling between them because understanding each other is one of the main pillar in there relation. But others point out this thing to husband on regular intervals then he may feel little discomfort and he too starts thinking on this issue.

So I need you comment, Can such thing will bring difference in there relation??

Request to all, think practically and please be on track because some member(s) will drag this topic on sex discussion, disrespect female and point out there negative features.

NO INTENSION TO HURT ANY ONES(husbands) FEELING 😆😊

If anyone wife earning more, he is lucky i think so...😆...but sometime a kind of ego or some clash can appear(i think so not experiace) for eg if she is working in higher post than him, or she come late after office, and house works like that matters but  Share responsibilities equally then i think can live in better way😊.............am thinking why US not allow a women became a President?😆  cos of EGO...? i think india allow lot of space to women its main eg is indira gadhi and other women leaders can rule the mans world.................. with out man women are nothing😊......dont always blame man yaar....jeeney dhooo..😆

------------------

When a man opens the door of his car for his wife,you can be sure of one thing: either the car is new or the wife.

Edited by Believe - 18 years ago
Too_Much thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: dolly

ahmed,

when I was working full time 3 years ago and before... i was getting 3 dollar an hr more than mu hubby,we never had problems. A marriage established on love and respect of soulmate can withstand and even grow when the wife begins earning more than the husband. However, if the relationship was based on feeding each other's ego or out of need rather than love, then it is likely that estrangement and divorce will take place.There are perhaps very few cultures where it is accepted that women earn more income than men. In most cases it is accepted that men would earn more. The issue extends beyond income and is reflected in areas such as intelligence and level of education. But what happens when a woman is more intelligent, educated, and earns more than a man who could possibly be her husband, or even if she is married and earns more than her husband?

so my conclution is
The circumstance of a wife earning more than the husband can certainly make more apparent the strain in a spousal relationship. However, likely the strain existed from the beginning and the spousal relationship was not based upon true love and respect of each other from the very beginning.
Thus,the woman's earning more income than the man is not the cause of spousal misunderstanding, estrangement, or divorce. Rather it can be a catalyst that reveals the hidden vulnerabilities in a spousal relationship.

Thanks for your valuable comments….

As you have mentioned a marriage is established on love and respect that is true, I felt that you said this point by keeping love marriage in mind (I think yours is love marriage) hen what about arrange marriage because they will know each other well after getting married. Certainly there are few cultures who will accept wife earning more then husband. So this will strike the main point that woman and woman are not equal or they are not treated equal. Being a woman intelligent more is possible but educated is not possible as I feel in arrange marriages girls parents will seek for an alliance where the groom is more or at least equal qualified to the bride. In this also it in not compulsory that a person less qualified will earn less she may earn well. But will this point be a matter to a husband and other family members. Will husband be affected by mental trauma?   

Kavith-2305 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Believe

If anyone wife earning more, he is lucky i think so...😆...but sometime a kind of ego or some clash can appear(i think so not experiace) for eg if she is working in higher post than him, or she come late after office, and house works like that matters but  Share responsibilities equally then i think can live in better way😊.............am thinking why US not allow a women became a President?😆  cos of EGO...? i think india allow lot of space to women its main eg is indira gadhi and other women leaders can rule the mans world.................. with out man women are nothing😊......dont always blame man yaar....jeeney dhooo..😆

------------------

When a man opens the door of his car for his wife,you can be sure of one thing: either the car is new or the wife.

I think you r  just forwarding the quotes which you received as sms..and wat is that without man women are nothing.Hello without women how can a guy comes out to the world???.
Infact if wife earns more that guy should be proud enough of her.If he build his inferiority  that is the wife's duty to make him understand.If she is cautious they can have a very good life.

Sometimes we use some words unknowingly which may hurt their feelings usage of such words has to be avoided with much care.
Edited by kavith_2305 - 18 years ago
-Believe- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: kavith_2305

I think you r  just forwarding the quotes which you received as sms..and wat is that without man women are nothing.Hello without women how can a guy comes out to the world???.
Infact if wife earns more that guy should be proud enough of her.If he build his inferiority  that is the wife's duty to make him understand.If she is cautious they can have a very good life.

Without man is it posible....?😆 if yes u try plz............and kavitha am not telling anything against here...............dont drag the topic in another way........

Edited by Believe - 18 years ago
Willows thumbnail

Sometimes we use some words unknowingly which may hurt their feelings usage of such words has to be avoided with much care.

👏👏 

well said, i totally agree with you, when the wife earns more than the husband not only he should feel privileged, he should go one step ahead and provide all the support and motivation to wife to raise the bar, i believe wife and husband are one and one of them earning more or less should not be a point of contention, infact i feel whatever either of the partner may earn, the credit should go to both for it would be impossible without both supporting, motivating, complementing each other.

Replying to the debate whether husband should feel inferior on not earning as much or less than wife, i feel he should take the credit of supporting the wife so as to enable her to reach a particular position.

I have personally known people who manage wife's career and act as their friend, guide and philosopher and in the process succeed in their personal goals and add a new meaning to their scared relationship.

Too_Much thumbnail

so that is the the good thing in you... you just shoot from your heart directly.....making husband understanding is good but when the world points out this point to a husband then he may never undertand so easy so should wife step down from job???or maintain her dignity ......is this inequality in male and female or females are treated unequal

Too_Much thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Willows

👏👏 

well said, i totally agree with you, when the wife earns more than the husband not only he should feel privileged, he should go one step ahead and provide all the support and motivation to wife to raise the bar, i believe wife and husband are one and one of them earning more or less should not be a point of contention, infact i feel whatever either of the partner may earn, the credit should go to both for it would be impossible without both supporting, motivating, complementing each other.
<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
<!--[endif]-->

Replying to the debate whether husband should feel inferior on not earning as much or less than wife, i feel he should take the credit of supporting the wife so as to enable her to reach a particular position.

I have personally known people who manage wifes career and act as their friend, guide and philosopher and in the process succeed in their personal goals and add a new meaning to their scared relationship.

thanks... but just a point to be get cleared ,if the family members or outside people keep on pointing out this thing then will it effect the relation????as i too know others words are not effectable in a wife husband relation but if practically thinking can it effect husbands thinking and make him mentally disturbed by this

-Believe- thumbnail

without women how can a guy comes out to the world???.

Without man is possible...??? if yes you try...😆

and dont drag this topic to another path..😉...............