Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angelic_J thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Originally posted by: Aparna_BD

heart girl please 😊do understand the article  , Akal Takth has declared him a matyr . Indian express can not declare any one any thing . Its only a news paper that reports !!!!!
There is another article that expresses a journalist's experience during the plane hikacking :http://www.hardnewsmedia.com/portal/2005/09/110

Also read about Ranjit Singh a known follower of Bhindranwale who murdered the Nirankari guru ( a sikh sect) in 1980. Talk about intolerance .

Now i don't want to make further comments on Bhindrawalen especially . Unfortunately there is not so much on the web that dates back to early 1980's . But you could ask the people your parents age next time you visit India what have they heard of him , their impressions and you will know why i have such an opinion . For me Bhindranwale case is closed.

Akal Takth for us Sikhs is the throne for god .Its a building and an organisstion . Now Akal Takth is also the seat of religous authority- people in religous power . Its not neccesary the Akal Takth is public opinion. The "Jathedar"or the caretaker/ head has passed this edict . The jatherdar is elected not like a democracy .........but there are few Sikh groups that get to decide who the head should be . Thats not the will of the Sikh people all of the time. The Akal Takth has been missused too by extreminst Sikhs .( here this is my opinion.....no offense to any one who disagree)Read Dr.Harjinder Singh Diljeers's books . He is a well known authour of some 40 books on Sikh history

As to you Rindam -🤗 Yes ya i got emotional and enraged more because i am half Sikh , My maternal family is Sikh . And even hearing about Khalistan embarrases me , since we are talking about extremist Sikhs .I feel embarrsased about Bajrang Dal , VHS and Shiv Sena like extremist rogues too ya .

And ooops i am so funny i forgot our beloved P.M Manmohan Singh . I suppose people  that do not live in India don't go beyond and remember that our PM is a Sikh and so was our ex Pres . And we have too many Sikhs in the top of the Goverment .As if they could be there if there was discrimination . JK's claims just makes me laugh !!😆

😆😆😆And i thought there were no personal attacks in the debate forum😆 C'mon chill di every1 has their own opinions and it's not like I'm a president of Khalistan committee😊 I thought said that i wished there waz Khalistan😊 but to be frank i've never in my life seen a debator more agressive than u specially u being the viewbie of this forum😊 

Aparna_BD thumbnail
JK its good to be aggressive in a debate . There is no place where it says a debator should not be aggresive as long as he doesn't abuse .Its no where in FAQ or rules of the debate . Its because i believe in what i say very strongly.

Also what is personal attack to you ??????????????..........please point it out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know there is not anything in my post that is attacking you .......yes i disagreed and pointed out your words "make me laugh" !!! Since when did that become an attack ??😆😆

And it seems you had nothing to add in response to my post but go and hide behind feeling" hurt" with an attack to you that did not happen !!😕
Edited by Aparna_BD - 18 years ago
Rindam thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Aparna, I see your point. I did in another post somewhere your being half Sikh. And poor Manmohan Singh, you forgot him 😆. I genuinely like the guy, there is an honesty about him very rare to find in Indian politics.

Also I think, extremists are not to be embarrased about, they are to be dealt with and put away. It's like a cathartic process, even as some cry foul the surgery must be done if not it takes the whole system with it.

I think if one person or group decide they want more than they have or get , there are ways to go about achieving it or requesting for it. Killing others who dont belong to their group or thought process is not one of them. Anyone who has a life threatening weapon, and wants to use it must be sent to jail so that they dont.
Angelic_J thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aparna_BD

JK its good to be aggressive in a debate . There is no place where it says a debator should not be aggresive as long as he doesn't abuse .Its no where in FAQ or rules of the debate . Its because i believe in what i say very strongly.

Also what is personal attack to you ??????????????..........please point it out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know there is not anything in my post that is attacking you .......yes i disagreed and pointed out your words "make me laugh" !!! Since when did that become an attack ??😆😆

And it seems you had nothing to add in response to my post but go and hide behind feeling" hurt" with an attack to you that did not happen !!😕

😆😆😆 the only response I'll ever have is I strongly believe in Khalistan but of course as u pointed out the rest is upto those who live in Punjab😊 And I'm not hurt at all😊 some of the posts just made me look like I'm anti-hindu (my posts too) but I ain't like that😊 I respect all of the religions but I just don't like sum ppl like Indira Gandhi and the the brar guy(who waz a sikh😡 shame on him🤢 I hope he is or will rot in hell😃) who led the army into the temple😡 

MS.ATTITUDE thumbnail
ATTACK ON NY RELIGIOUS PLACE WHETHER IT'S BABRIMASJID OR GOLDEN TEMPLE OR CHURCH IS V SHAMEFULL.
heart girl thumbnail
Originally posted by: JK_5

😆😆😆 the only response I'll ever have is I strongly believe in Khalistan but of course as u pointed out the rest is upto those who live in Punjab😊 And I'm not hurt at all😊 some of the posts just made me look like I'm anti-hindu (my posts too) but I ain't like that😊 I respect all of the religions but I just don't like sum ppl like Indira Gandhi and the the brar guy(who waz a sikh😡 shame on him🤢 I hope he is or will rot in hell😃) who led the army into the temple😡 

excuse me plz.. he was a millitant nd he had to obey Pmz order .. it was not his fault at all.. he had to do his duty.. Also.. sikh or hindu doesnt matter in armed forces(as said by him)

sonu1273 thumbnail
I just stumbled upon this debate and coudn't resist putting my 2 cents in... I just migrated to the US a few years ago to Houston Tx to be exact...being from Bombay India, I was used to celebrating all religious holidays including going to the gurduwara....coming back to Houston, there are quite a few guruduwaras so I just decided to go to one of them...going there was perhaps one of the worst mistakes of my life...this guruduara was nothing like the one next to my house in bombay India...when I got there, one of the 1st things that ticked me off was a notice board where they had articles about khalisthan, which were too extreme to put it mildly...at first I decided I would just head back without going in but curiousity got the better of me and I decided to go in and see what this guruduara was all about...well the services were almost over but at the end one of the announcers started his khalistan lecture and asked patrons to donate and all I could think was how can anyone from India even listen to this...so I walked out...I just happened to mention this to a few of the sikh people I met at a party and they told me most sikhs that are from India dont even bother going there but what was really sad to know that some of these guruduaras are actively starting these khalistani propogandas and its really shameful that they end up influencing a lot of youths who have probably never been to India or even if they have, these people have never really stayed there long enough to realise that most of the sikh people that live in India will probably come at them with their kirpans at the thought of dividing India...so JK this is my personal challenge to you...go to the granthi or whosoever in your guruduara who talks abt khalisthan and tell him that if he has the courage of conviction then go to India and try to spread your message ....although be warned we Indians are very patriotic and chances are you might not be able to walk or talk the second you start your khalisthan gibberish....so grow up JK and try to learn the truth...although there were mistakes made, we Indians have learnt from them and we really try very hard not to repeat them........but if we cant see eye to eye I for one respect your right to live in Khalisthan Afghanisthan uzbeksthan or anywhere else as long as it isnt in India..
jasunap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
sonu 1273 wrote "so JK this is my personal challenge to you...go to the granthi or whosoever in your guruduara who talks abt khalisthan and tell him that if he has the courage of conviction then go to India and try to spread your message ....although be warned we Indians are very patriotic and chances are you might not be able to walk or talk the second you start your khalisthan gibberish....so grow up JK and try to learn the truth...although there were mistakes made, we Indians have learnt from them and we really try very hard not to repeat them........but if we cant see eye to eye I for one respect your right to live in Khalisthan Afghanisthan uzbeksthan or anywhere else as long as it isnt in India.. "

well said sonu. my blood was in a rage too by the time i had finished reading jk's comments. mistakes happen. we learn. we try not to repeat them. but divide india? dont even allw a germ of that thought come into your mind jk!
heart girl thumbnail
i noe most of the gurudwaras in north america teach all that Khalistani stuff to people....
nd the heading on the boards is usually" Lest we forget the Indian govenment attck on Golden Temple". i don understand y r they misguiding ppl. they r only telling one side story.. we have to look at both sides of coin..
nd Jk u support formation of Khalistan coz u r taught like that by those ppl... its not ur mistake that u r saying this but its the mistake of those ppl who r misguiding u against Indian Government... thatz wat Bhindrawale use to do.. they r trying to repeat History... Ppl living in Punjab Know the truth thatz y they didnt support the formation of Khalistan .. Granthis here .. i think r just trying to make up an army or sumthing.. dono wat they r upto.. but its very important to stop these ppl as lot of punjabi ppl live in NA and misguiding them will result in a big disaster
mist thumbnail
Originally posted by: JK_5

[😆😆😆 the only response I'll ever have is I strongly believe in Khalistan but of course as u pointed out the rest is upto those who live in Punjab😊 And I'm not hurt at all😊 some of the posts just made me look like I'm anti-hindu (my posts too) but I ain't like that😊 I respect all of the religions but I just don't like sum ppl like Indira Gandhi and the the brar guy(who waz a sikh😡 shame on him🤢 I hope he is or will rot in hell😃) who led the army into the temple😡 

JK, since thats the only response you have maybe you can shed some light on what attrocities do you imagine a Khalistan will save the Sikh community from ? Discrimination aginst sikhs in India?? Can you enlist some?

operation Blue Star happened in troubled times. The act of storming the temple to flush the holds of terrorist buildup , carried out under the orders of a Prime Minister cannot be questioned. It is heart wrenchingly unfortunate that the execution ended up in the civilians losing their lives. but when viewed in the light that the decision was taken by Indira Gandhi at a time when she saw the Sikh community protests as a threat to her leadership, it cannot be forgiven. But Indira Gandhi paid for it dearly. and soe have we as a nation - for a decade later there was political unrest and terrorism in Punjab.

But now, when we have made peace .. why a Khalistan. and that too under a pretext of blue Star? Was that the only episode of violent history in this nation's past that we cannot forgive and forget. when we have survived with reselience against foreign invasions and rulers, partition, 4 wars in post independance.. why cant we put this behind us?
😒