Alisha Chinai tells Vishal-Shekhar to "f**k off!" - Page 14

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by smartie_pants

1. There was never any concrete evidence of reheman plagarising...it was just people speculating and saying things because 2 songs happened to sound similar, which died down instantly because they didnt hold water.

2. Saathiya is a remake, not a dubbed film. And he didnt even win the NA for saathiya... The only national awards he won were Roja, Minsara Kanavu, Lagaan and Kannathil Muttamittal, which were all very well deserved. 

3. He composed Jai Ho for subhash ghai's yuvvraj and Mani ratnams shelved project, but both rejected it and Danny boyle accepted it. DUH.

Ismails arguments are ridiculous

THANK you for this post =D

He is one of the verrry few musicians we have who don't copy and paste from others, and yet there's still fingers pointing at him.

I admit that there's a lot of bias towards ARR in my posts but haha opposition towards ARR makes my khoon boil >.< me kya karing

Originally posted by VanityGirl

Both Darbar and Rahman co-composed Kisna. Rahman's tracks were highly appreciated while Darbar's met with a mixed response. I guess teh rivalry started from then (only from Darbar's side of course).

there was the whole Kisna thing..

plus, I read somewhere that Ram Gopal Verma had the option of choosing between ARR's soundtrack for Rangeela, and Ismail Darbar had also composed for it, and RGV chose ARRs.

and thank god <3 Rangeela is a classic album
Originally posted by Meena1

universally liked or not.. it still doesn't justify how some here are trying to shove them down peoples throats as being great.. 😆😆 

generally speaking, its ok to dislike 'legends'.. i see nothing wrong with that.. why is it  considered taboo..😆😆😆

Precisely what I was trying to say, only you said it better.

universally liked or not.. it still doesn't justify how some here are trying to shove them down peoples throats as being great.. 😆😆 

generally speaking, its ok to dislike 'legends'.. i see nothing wrong with that.. why is it  considered taboo..😆😆😆

lol ok meena..you are free to dislike legends... honestly I just found it a bit strange that someone can call Lataji a bad singer..sorry but even the thought is a little weird..especially for people who love old hindi songs...i don't know why ppl are mentioning Lukka chuppi and Veer Zaara here..of course she wasn't at her best in these movies...these songs came very recently when she was past her prime... but for me and I'm sure for hundreds and thousands of Indians across the globe...she remains the singing goddess... the most melodious voice in the indian music industry ðŸ˜Š

anyway  leave all this..I have a news to tell ...super exciting ðŸ˜†
Edited by ManaliS - 12 years ago
Originally posted by ManaliS

lol ok meena..you are free to dislike legends... honestly I just found it a bit strange that someone can call Lataji a bad singer..sorry but even the thought is a little weird..especially for people who love old hindi songs...i don't know why ppl are mentioning Lukka chuppi and Veer Zaara here..of course she wasn't at her best in these movies...these songs came very recently when she was past her prime... but for me and I'm sure for hundreds and thousands of India...she remains the singing goddess... the most melodious voice in the indian music industry ðŸ˜Š

The mentioning of lukkha chuppi would be me...and i said that it was one of her best songs in recent times because the voice suited the age required for the song (which is basically a mother singing to her son)...the jarring part is when her songs are lip synced by contemporary heroines like preity in veer zaara...Its just not suitable for this generation of actresses,and the control she had previously is missing these days... plus its not versatile enough to mould into contemporary music like that of asha bhosle...
Edited by smartie_pants - 12 years ago
Originally posted by smartie_pants

The mentioning of lukkha chuppi would be me...and i said that it was one of her best songs in recent times because the voice suited the age required for the song (which is basically a mother singing to her son)...the jarring part is when her songs are lip synced by contemporary heroines like preity in veer zaara...Its just not suitable for this generation of actresses,and the control she had previously is missing these days... plus its not versatile enough to mould into contemporary music like that of asha bhosle...

i totally agree with you there...obviously she cannot have the same control over her voice like she used to have...she is 80+ now ...

I also agree that asha is more versatile..but lata's voice is just something else...so beautiful...most melodious..that's my POV ðŸ˜Š
Originally posted by ManaliS

lol ok meena..you are free to dislike legends... honestly I just found it a bit strange that someone can call Lataji a bad singer..sorry but even the thought is a little weird..especially for people who love old hindi songs...i don't know why ppl are mentioning Lukka chuppi and Veer Zaara here..of course she wasn't at her best in these movies...these songs came very recently when she was past her prime... but for me and I'm sure for hundreds and thousands of Indians across the globe...she remains the singing goddess... the most melodious voice in the indian music industry ðŸ˜Š

wedding.. ??? 😆😆😆😆😆😆

wedding.. ??? 😆
check inbox ðŸ˜†