TB:"I am blessed to play Rukmini"- Priya Bhatija

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
Her looks have 'softened' quite a bit. Previously, I didn't really think she was appropriate for this role, but she's now settled into it. Yeah, she does need to work on her diction, as well as her costumes.

Unlike Sita, hers is not such a dominant role in this story, so guess it's okay, particularly once Satyabhama, Subhadra & Draupadi arrive.

Nice interview👍🏼 I liked her answers. She seems to be a very honest person as she did admit that she has very negligible knowledge about Krishna & Rukmini's life. I don't think this is a hindrance for her performance as I don't believe that one should always have prior knowledge about what he or she is going to do, one can always learn while doing.

Well to be honest, when I first saw Rukmini's introduction scene where she was shown dancing, I was disappointed & thought will she be able to do it? 😕

I thought the divine look was missing on her face & she wasn't looking that great, especially keeping in mind the fact that Rukmini has to be really beautiful & Priya is beautiful but she's not looking her best. 

Plus I wasn't so impressed with her dialogue delivery & felt she needs to work on her voice modulation. For her looks I don't blame her at all, I'll put the entire blame on the make-up & costume department as they're the ones who are responsible for what Priya looks in the serial. 

Today, I feel she looks a lot better than what she looked in the initial episodes but still she is not looking her best & can look even better than what she looks now, so I hope the make-up & costume department works on her look & costumes. 

Performance wise too, there is a lot of improvement & seems Priya is working on her voice modulation too I won't call her perfect but she's good😊 I believe she can do even better & hope she gives her best👍🏼 I don't think she's a miscast at all...😊

I don't think that she has to have a prior knowledge of Rukmini's story, but saying that there are hardly any serials or movies about Rukmini is a poor excuse.  One can always read these up - w/o being religious about it (e.g. I'm not!)  As it is, serials, movies and other shows take all sorts of licenses (most of which I wouldn't describe as poetic), so reading ought to be their primary way of learning about Krishna, Rama or other mytho characters, not serials or movies.

No offense to those who know what they know from serials, just suggesting that reading ought to be done to confirm whether that's actually original.