kanchi thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
Aishwarya Rai: The wax wonder!

By IndiaFM News Bureau, October 01st, 2004 - 1300 hrs IST

Bollywood beauty Aishwarya Rai unveiled her wax figure at the prestigious Madame Tussauds yesterday. The replica keeping in taste with Ash's penchant for Indian wear is draped in a red embroidered saree with bright red sequences flashing. The statuette strikes a graceful dance pose as she rubs shoulders with the legacy of Margaret Thacher and the likes.

Present on the occasion was the ravishing Rai along with her mom and director Gurinder Chadda. Watching her waxwork, she broke into a peel of giggles and exclaimed, "Hey, that's my clone". When asked how she felt to be a part of this elite list, the Bride kept chanting that she felt highly honored. The spunky director was her jovial self as she remarked that however beautiful the work is, it doesn't get close to her hazel-eyed actress.

Aishwarya is the only Indian after superstar Amitabh Bahchcan to be awarded this distinction. Movies, magazine covers, multi-dollar modeling assignments and now Madame Tussauds, Aishwarya is glowing on the global map!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Morgoth thumbnail
Is it just me, or the wax-figure doesn't resemble her that well? 😕
anjuman thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Thanks Knachi

U r rite mystica magic wax figure look more westren

armaan_luver thumbnail
I think it looks indentical.
alliha thumbnail
i think the wax model is pretty..i wouldnt mind having my statue there 😉
rabeeak2003 thumbnail
WOW! how pretty! i want one toooo!!
alliha thumbnail
😆 maybe once we get famous 😉
*Anjali* thumbnail
Yeah, Mystica--I thought so too!  Looks like a cross between Ash, Beyonce, and Bipasha Basu.
KK_lassi thumbnail
I feel tht waxxed statue is SCARY, imagine u were praying Ashwariya Ashwariya, and came the westernstatue of her's( scientificallly stated), then.........?? Oh God now thts a nightmare for me.