OS - Meri Dadi Page 2 Aug 1st new - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago

Meri Nani ne bulaya hai'

His cell phone played out the tune "Bade ache lagte hai'" which Vikram had downloaded and linked it to Priya's number saying that at least only he would know who the caller was.  A little smile played at the corner of his mouth, alone in his bedroom at night when he couldn't sleep he had played the tune several times and now he found himself humming he tunes when he was thinking.

"Hello Priya," he answered softly and had the pleasure of hearing a soft gasp.

"How do you know it was me?  It could have been my father." He heard suspicious tone in her voice.

"Don't you think I should know when my future wife is calling me?  I mean you could have something nice to say to me."  Ram urged the need to laugh because he could imagine what Priya's mouth and eyes would be doing'what would be going through that smart brain of hers.

Priya rolled her eyes, huh what nice thing do I have to say about him.  Yesterday when he took me for dinner, I caught him sitting at the bar and watching cricket match.  The whole family had been in splits when she had told them.  Uff'the man could not even answer her simple question.  Turning every question back at her.

"Kya'nice'that to you!  I called to say that my nani is here and she wants to meet you.  She would like you to stay for dinner.  And papa said you are welcome to bring your family if you wish." 

"Oh'how is your nani?  I mean matlab ke is she like your mother?" Tehe question popped out even before he realized that it sounded insulting.

He heard her shout, "What do you mean like my mother?  What is wrong with my mother?  At least my mother is happy person.  Did you see your mother?  She was having a go at me'about my dress'about how I looked."  And then trying to mimic Niharika's voice and failing badly, "Oh Priya what a lovely dress'nice combination'green and red.  Oh and how simple and pretty'just a bindi and some bangles."

Ram clamped his hand on his mouth.  What an awful impersonation of his mother?  He knew his mother had her buried in her high society circle of friends.  She must be hearing a lot of fun poked at her stepson marrying a girl that looked like one of thousands of girls from lower class. Well he had to make a peace offering'the date last night was a disaster and now he had upset her again'Vikram would kill him if he found out.

"Err Priya sorry'I didn't mean to sound rude'and of course your mother is very lovely lady.  Very jolly'she had everyone at the engagement laughing with her funny jokes.  Please'tell your nani'I would be delighted to meet her."  And as another thought occurred to him, he asked, "Does your nani like chocolates?  I would like to bring something for her."

Priya scratched her head, so he is trying to amend his blunder.  "Nani actually likes'those foreign chocolates'Ferroro Rocher'and maa likes Cadburys."

"An you?"

"I like malai kulfi."

"Oh'how stupid of me.  You had 2 kulfis for dessert last night."  Ram's thought went back to last night.  He had ordered black coffee for himself forgoing his wish to indulge in a slice of chocolate cake and then had sat there watching as Priya devoured two large bowls of kulfi.  It had left him thinking how did she manage to stay thin after eating so much food'a plate of nachos, three fajitas with a large helping of Mexican rice and avacado salad'and two bowls of kulfi.

"Ok'a box of Ferrero, a box of Cadburys and kulfis'Priya how many kulfis shal I bring?"

"Let me see'there is taiji and chachi, chacha and chahi, mama and mami, Akshay, Neeraj, Chinki and Pinki, Suraj bhaiya and bhabhi'"  Ram rolls his eyes.  I thought she said her nani wanted to meet me'yahaan it looks likes whole of Indore has landed at her house'getting impatient, "Priya ok'I get it'I will ask for a truckload to be delivered.  I think that should be enough."

He heard Priya laughing, and then, "Mr Kapoor I was joking.  Please don't deliver truckload of kulfi'I only have a tiny freezer'and anyway'I have already made kulfis this morning as nani wanted to eat homemade kulfis."

Ram thinking, nani like kulfi'by chance is nani also like Priya'likes to wear jeans and kurtis, bindi always crooked and has a paat answer for everything.

Priya waiting, wondering if he had hung up.  "So see you at seven?"

"Haan seven is fine'and I will also bring my dadi and family with me."

"Dadi'that will be great.  And does dadi like anything particular to eat'you know her favourite dish?"

Ram thought'what did dadi like?  "I think it is sarson ka saag and makki rotis'because whenever she stays with us'that is always on the menu."

"ok that will be on menu tonight. See you at seven Ram."

Ram stares at the ceiling, what did she just call him'Ram.  It sounded strange'yeh Mr Kapoor kahaan gaya'Ram'Ram'Dhree Dhree, Haule Haule '

Chupke Se Aab Hoga,

Edited by divan - 12 years ago
Divan once again a lovely OS.
Ram urged the need to laugh because he could imagine what Priya's mouth and eyes would be doing'what would be going through that smart brain of hers.

kaash serial mein bhi Ram yeisa socha hoga??

It had left him thinking how did she manage to stay thin after eating so much food…a plate of nachos, three fajitas with a large helping of Mexican rice and avacado salad…and two bowls of kulfi.

This Priya seems to be a glutton, wonder  too like Ram how can she stay thin.

Hmm, Nani ki Kulfi aur Dadi ki sarson ka saag; what a combo.Priya to cook both and flatter them for smooth sailing of RP's wedding seems a must.
Diii u always left me hanging... part II has to be updated for this OS come on... 

please please.. part II is musttt... 

please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please :)) 

Thank you!
Very nice OS!!!

I wish such scenes are incorporated !!! 
Nice OS Kantaben😊
I wish Priya call him by his name in show,we have had enough of Mr.walias ,no more Mr. kapoor.

Aww, veryyy nice OS
Loved it
Please write more😛