•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago

Got a '18 till I die' attitude: Sulagna Panigrahi

Sulagna Panigrahi who turned heads with daily soaps like Ambar Dhara, Do Saheliya and Bidaai, is flying high these days after her big screen debut in Murder 2.

Talking about her character she says with a laugh, "I play a 16 year old girl in the film. In real life, I have a '18 till I die' attitude as well, so it wasn't difficult to go down a few years. The most important thing about my role is that my character is a fighter just like what I am in real life."

Sulagna feels her 'karma' and luck have got her whatever she has in life today. "I believe that if I do good, I will get good returns. There's no doubt that luck plays role in the film industry too," says the 23 year old.
It is generally believed that television actors are not easily accepted in films. "I feel the audience accepts an actor depending on his/her performance. The medium doesn't matter. Actors like Shah Rukh Khan, Vidya Balan, Rajeev Khandelwal, Prachi Desai started their careers with television and today they are big on the silver screen too. In Hollywood, actors do television, films and theatre at one time, then why can't we?" she asks.

Already planning her future, Sulagna says, "I don't crave for lead roles. I want roles of substance. Currently I am reading scripts - it is important what I choose next. People have a lot of expectations from me and I don't want to let them down."

As she got her first share of fame on small screen, would she take up reality shows? Sulagna insists she isn't interested in them. "Nowadays most reality shows have become a little crass. I don't abuse in real life so I don't think I'll be able to give enough masala. Neither do I want to be part of a show like Bigg Boss where the likes of Maria Susairaj are offered ' five crore. I'd love to anchor a show, as I am talkative in real life," she says.

Sulagna loves her share of fun too. "I have fired an AK 47 and driven a tank. I got an opportunity to do all this as I come from an army background. It was super fun to do all this. I am fun-loving in real life too!"

Got a '18 till I die' attitude: Sulagna Panigrahi
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Luck to her..Would love to see her back on television ..

Edited by shanti05 - 12 years ago