Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pak. thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Prachi Desai

(Gujarati: ?????? ?????; born 12 September 1988)[1] is an Indian film and television actress. She is best known for her role as Bani Walia in the Hindi television dramaKasamh Se which aired on Zee TVPrachi is the endorser, spokesperson, brand ambassador and the face of Neutrogena products in India.

Modeling

Acting was her passion since childhood - her father and uncle had done various Gujarati plays - but she started with a short modeling workshop. She went to Pune for higher studies and had almost finished her junior college when her pictures were sent to Balaji Telefilms and she got a call for an audition for Kasamh Se. She had just turned 17 when her career began on Kasamh Se and left her studies for a while. She is now continuing with her correspondence course. She has also starred in her first movie Rock On !! which was released on 29 August 2008 and Farhan Akhtar as her co-star.

Television

Kasamh Se is the serial that Prachi starred in and got her fame on Zee TV. She has captured many a hearts with this program acting as innocent but strong willed Bani Dixit (now Bani Walia). Prachi left Kasamh Se on 15 April 2008 and was replaced by Gurdeep Kohli after being burnt and drowned in episode 562. Kasamh Se ended 12 March 2009. In the last episode, Prachi Desai made a special appearance as the former Bani. Kasautii Zindagii Kaywas aired on Star Plus which was a TV serial in which Prachi did a cameo for two days as a school student in Prerna's school. Her character's name in Kasauti Zindagi Ki was Prachi Desai. In the serial she plays a student who tries to go with her lover far away without the permission of her parents and was caught by the show's heroine who complains this to her and her lover's parents.

Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 2

Prachi then entered Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, the Indian version of America's dancing show, "Dancing With The Stars", on 7 September 2007 with choreographer Deepak Singh. Prachi impressed the judges every week, but was ultimately eliminated on 10 November 2007. However, she entered the contest again via the wild-card entry on 23 November 2007. Prachi then landed a spot in the grand finale of the dance show on 15 December 2007 and won the first place amongst the contestants. She was awarded the dancing star of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 2. However it has been alleged that she was made to return as a wild card entry in spite of her elimination due to a direct intervention from her close personal friend, Ekta Kapoor which compelled the producers of the show to change the international format ofJhalak Dikhhla Jaa.

Awards

The Sixth Indian Telly Awards:

Couple of the year - Prachi and her co-star Ram Kapoor won the award for their on screen chemistry in the show.

Fresh New Face of the Year (Female) - Prachi shared the award with Zee TV's star, Rajshree Vaidya.

15th Kalakar Awards:

Best Actress - Prachi Desai (Television) in the 15th Kalakar Awards was held on 14 January 2006 at Science City Auditorium, Kolkata.

Sansui Television Awards:

Best Actress - Bani Walia For Kasamh Se.

The Seventh Indian Telly Awards: Best Actress - Bani Walia For Kasamh Se.

Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Season 2, winner, declared on Sony Entertainment Television Asia.

Zee Rishton Ka Utsav (2007): Favourite Bhabhi-Nanand Rishta

Best Actress - for The Global Indian TV Honours. Best Actress at Sansui Television Awards (2008) (Popular Category) for her portrayal as Bani Walia in Kasamh Se.

Sabse Favourite Kaun - Best newcomer

Zee Cine Awards

• 2011: Best Actress in Supporting Role (Female) for Once Upon A Time In Mumbai

Lions Gold Awards

2011: Best Actress in Supporting Role (Female) for Once Upon A Time In Mumbai

Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Awards

Winner, Best Actress in a Supporting Role for Once Upon A Time In Mumbai

2011: Best Actress in a Supporting Role (Female) for Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai

Television appearances

Year Title Role Notes
2006-2008 Kasamh Se Bani Dixit / Bani Walia
2007 Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 2 Herself Winner
2008 Yeh Hai Jalwa Herself
2009 Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 3 Guest
2010 C.I.D. Guest
Kitchen Champion (Season 3) Celebrity Guest

Filmography

Year

Film Role Notes
2008 Rock On!! Sakshi Nominated, Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut
2009 Life Partner Prachi V. Jadeja/Prachi B. Patel
2010 Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai Mumtaaz Nominated, Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award
2011 Ishann!! Filming
Ghayal Returns Filming
2011 Informer Filming
Bol Bachchan Filming
pak. thumbnail

Members

Lunna_22
candy_floss88
indiandoll89
Sonamlicious
xXxrachnaxXx
_brunnette_
sweet coco
jaanlover
Zebi02
shala-deepz
*Reemz*
-purnima-
Armu4eva
angel_prachi
prachid
nikita_ght

Proud-BrownGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hurray

Sweetprachi

Thank you so much for creating the new

tread.

From

COCO                       MERLYN                    MELONIE                            JAYA

and Purnima, Desriee1 and everyone else on  this FC

-prachid- thumbnail
Originally posted by: Proud-BrownGirl

Hurray

Sweetprachi

Thank you so much for creating the new

tread.

From

COCO                       MERLYN                    MELONIE                            JAYA

and Purnima, Desriee1 and everyone else on  this FC

aww meryy..this is awsum gurrlL!! thnxx..i lukk cutee:-))))πŸ˜‰
Proud-BrownGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: -prachid-

aww meryy..this is awsum gurrlL!! thnxx..i lukk cutee:-))))πŸ˜‰

gg, I' m real glad you look cute, its how i envision you, sassy lookingπŸ‘πŸΌ
-prachid- thumbnail
Originally posted by: Proud-BrownGirl

gg, I' m real glad you look cute, its how i envision you, sassy lookingπŸ‘πŸΌ

hahah sweety u dnt hav to envision me ..my pic is rite there in my prof ...go check it out.. m a lil sassy:-)πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
YAY!!!!!!!!! FC number 2!!!

Thanks Sweet Prachi!!!!

Hey Jaya and Mer and Mel...time to party!!!!!!!!!

@mer: love my pic!!!πŸ˜†
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
I was just wondering can we put numbers in the title...like which number this FC is?! Please!!!
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
@jaya: HI babe!!!! let's finish this one by tomorrow!!!πŸ˜‰