Star One to becoming to Star Desh in September

Posted: 12 years ago
Star One to rebrand to Star Desh in September

Star One is undergoing its biggest ever programme revamp ahead of a complete transformation with a new name and brand in September.  According to various reports, Star Network will ditch the Star One brand to replace it with Star Desh.  The stylish-youth centric channel will continue to target a younger audience but will focus mainly at small town audiences in India.  Star UK told BizAsia.co.uk that it was still awaiting confirmation on the plans for Star One as nothing had been decided. But an announcement on the new-look channel is expected in August.  BizAsia.co.uk has already reported that a slew of shows are being axed to make way for new offerings to suit the new branding of Star One/Star Desh. Whilst some shows may go off, others will be repositioned to coincide with the image of Star Desh.  It's already confirmed that 'Rang Badalti Odhani' and 'Yeh Ishq Haaye' will end later this month on Star One. A question mark hangs over the future of 'Geet Hui Sabse Parayi', 'Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani' and 'Dhoond Legi Manzil Humein'.  Star One broadcasts on Sky Digital in the UK.
Originally posted by sui007

The stylish-youth centric channel will continue to target a younger audience but will focus mainly at small town audiences in India. 
tht means youth will still remain focus and so we can hope for pkyek to continue,
no they cant end pkyek its my life love abhiya
Wth why do they have to call it Star desh that make's no sense if the channel will still be youth oriented why do they have to change the name, or I have 2 other suggestions Rename the Channel and call it *Star Yuva* which will fit well or make a new logo like they did for Star plus.. And hope GHSP and PKYEK Don't end!
Originally posted by Sidchu

are they ending it really?
I really dont know, but read carefully, they r not shunning their youth image, so PKYEK may ne staying ðŸ˜•

A simple logic cms here-

"STAR DESH" ryt?

n desh nt only hv ppl hu r middle aged..saas bahu.. bt also youth..

n hence 1-2 youth show rkhna toh banta hai na Boss??

n henceforth.. PKYEK NEEDS 2 STAY!!

I don't care Star One turns into "Star Desh" or "Star Country"! I only want PKYEK to not end.
SHRISHTI called starone n they said PKYEK is ending!😕
Originally posted by Sidchu

SHRISHTI called starone n they said PKYEK is ending!😕
hey dont believe dem...!!!
im calling star one daily nd daily dey r telling its not ending
yesterday wen i called dey said its ending
nd 2day i called nd talked to vineetha she confirmed dat its not ending
so chill...
even tellychakkar confirmed dat pkyek is staying...