Mythological Masti

Which death was saddest in Mahabharat? - Page 2

Poll

Whose death was the saddest for you? And why?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago
Please share here which death was saddest for you, and explain why.😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pakhara thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I would have to say Abhimanyu
because,
1, he was only 14,
2, he had a young pregnant wife,
3, he was the son of none other than our Arjun,
4, he was killed unethically because all of the Kauravas basically ganged up on him.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
^^ Yes, same here. It was a tough choice between Ghatotkach and Abhimanyu, because both sacrificed their lives at such a young age (Ghatotkach was a lot older than Abhimanyu, but still too young to die). In the end, I went with Abhimanyu because his death was so humiliating and unethical. Ghatotkacha's death was more heroic. Don't get me wrong, I think even Abhimanyu was very heroic, but Ghatokach died in dignity. He and Karna faced only each other and Karna did not kill him unethically. He knew he was going to die beforehand (he purposefully fought with Karna just so the latter could use his Shakti) and he accepted death like an old friend (to quote Harry Potter, lol)...his death really made me respect him more than being sad, while Abhimanyu's death was just wrong in every way. He never had the chance to fight back with dignity, and he was humiliated and treated lower than a servant before dying.
Rehanism thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
None, according to me. They all played their parts extremely well and departed precisely the way they should have.😛
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Darklord_Rehan

None, according to me. They all played their parts extremely well and departed precisely the way they should have.😛

Yes, I also agree with this.👏 Thinking from a humanistic perspective, we feel saddened by the deaths but if we think in a higher level, all happened as it should have.
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I disagree w/ some of the choices on offer - Bheeshma, Drona, Karna and Duryodhan.  Very strongly, particularly Duryodhan.  Yeah, one might complain about them being unfairly defeated/killed, but that doesn't make it sad.  What was sad was warriors like Shalya who wanted to fight for the Pandavas being tricked into being dutybound to join the Kauravas instead 😡

Anyway, in the list above, I'd have had, in addition to Abhimanyu, Ghatotkacha and Draupadi's sons, Virat's sons Uttar, Sveta and Sangha and Satyaki's 10 sons (killed by Bhurishrava).  All b'cos they were so young, and in the case of Virat, there were no successors.  Sangha was killed by Drona while he was carrying his father to safety - he wasn't even fighting.

If I had to include any Kauravas @ all, it would be Vikarna, Gandhari's son who had protested Draupadi's insults but didn't switch sides like Yuyutsu, and was killed by Bhima on day 14.  Oh, and Karna's son Vrishasena, who was killed by Arjun in a manner similar to Kumbhakarna - first his bow was broken, then his arms severed, and finally his head.

I actually am more upset @ Ashwatthama and Kripa surviving the war, and Kripa going on to be re-instated as the Guru of Hastinapur, instead of being stripped of his ranks and exiled.  That's the least he deserved, assuming that as a Brahmin, he couldn't be executed in a civilian set-up.

As for my vote, I'd vote Abhimanyu, since he left a 13 year old pregnant widow, and later a son who never knew his father.
RadhaKrishan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
My vote goes to Abhimanyu becuase the way he was killed was wrong in every way. He never got the chance to fight back but he was just dragged in...It was unethical in every way!!!
Cuty16 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Abhimanyu death was the most sadest one.

Apart dat he was only 14 and had a pregnant wife Uttra b'coz when u go on for a war death is a part of it,
but the kauravs had violated all the rules and regulation of the war to kill Abhimanyu not only the war rules but also a warriors rule not to attack on a unarmed person.
It this Guru Dronacharya who had himself taught the Yudhniyams to the kaurav pandavs had also forgot about the teachings.
But yes after his death only the real war started.
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: Cuty16

Abhimanyu death was the most sadest one...
But yes after his death only the real war started.

That's not quite right - in the first 10 days, Bheeshma did enough damage, and a lot of major warriors died - like some of Duryodhan's brothers, all of Virata's & Satyaki's sons, Arjun's son Iravana, and a number of sons of Drupada, like Satrajit & Vikra.  But yeah, on day 14, Arjun, Satyaki & Bhima wiped out 8 of the Kaurava akshaunis (the Kaurava's originally had 11 akshaunis, whereas the Pandavas had only 7).  After that day, things went only downhill for the Kauravas.
Edited by _Vrish_ - 12 years ago