Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Pankaj Kapur: I am a romantic at Heart

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Pankaj Kapur: I am a romantic at heart

Pankaj Kapur has spent four years on planning, writing, and directing Mausam. The first look of the film was unveiled earlier this week. The respected actor-turned-director is pleased with his labour of love. He talks about making his beloved film.

Becoming a director

I have always wanted to write and direct. If you have followed my career, then you would have noticed that I wrote and directed for television for five years. Mausam has taken me four years to make. I am critical of my work, but when I saw Mausam, I felt pleased and found it emotional. We have succeeded in bringing the script alive on screen.

Casting

When I write my scripts, I focus only on my characters. The actors come later, only after I have finished writing. I knew that I was writing the script of Mausam for Shahid. I had also told him that I needed at least a year from him, and that I wanted him to grow a moustache. When you see the film, you will know why it took that long to shoot. Sonam Kapoor was always our first choice for the character of Aiyaat.

Romance

I know that I am popular for doing socially-relevant films, but Mausam is basically a romantic film. It is a socially-relevant film too. I chose to make a romantic film because I am a romantic at heart. The reason is that simple! Mausam is not about seasons or simply about love and romance. It is about seasons in the lives of our protagonists, Harry and Aiyaat, and how they and their love change and grow over time.

Direction and cameo

When I am directing actors, I am solely focused on extracting the best performances from them. I want them to be their best. I don't make comparisons. I might do a cameo or walk-on part in the film. It is just that we don't want that cameo to take away from the story and protagonists.

Janhvi Patel/Hill Road Media  Friday, July 15, 2011

http://starplus.startv.in/news/2000/pankaj-kapur-i-am-a-romantic-at-heart.aspx

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago

This content was originally posted by: Pankaj Kapur

I needed at least a year from him, and that I wanted him to grow a moustache

a YEAR to grow mustache!!!