•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
Swapnil: No pious heroes on tv
Kavita Awaasthi  /Hill Road Media

With his cute looks, Swapnil Joshi made a mark in numerous serials in Krishna, Hare Kkaanch Ki Choodiyaan, etc. But it was his appearance in Comedy Circus that helped him make his niche in comedy.  He has appeared in numerous seasons and wowed the audiences with his stand-up comedian act in Comedy Circus. Currently doing Papad Pol, Swapnil answers questions regarding the show going off air and his other interests.

Showing 1  of 7 images  Previous     Next

News is that your Sab tv show Papad Pol is going off air. Is that true?
I haven't heard anything of the sort so I will not be able to comment on that.

What do you like most about your role in Papad Pol?
I love the innocence and piousness in my character Vinaychand. There has been no hero till date to have the piousness he has. He is very human, very real and of course his look, the dark skin stands out too. He not only looks just different but is absolutely different from all heroes on tv.

Would you say comedy is your forte, the reason behind your popularity?
Absolutely. It was Comedy Circus that brought my comic talent to the fore and presented me in a different manner before the audiences. Before Comedy Circus, I had done roles which got me slotted in the chocolate boy type of category. Even after so many seasons, Comedy Circus is still huge and entertains the honest. It was a break through for me and later Papad Pol pushed the envelope and allowed me to showcase the other kind of comedy.

Edited by Armu4eva - 12 years ago