• Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
KANDIVALI IS CONVENIENCE PERSONIFIED 

SAYS ACTOR AND STAND-UP COMEDIAN SWAPNIL JOSHI,WHO SIMPLY LOVES THE AREA 

Related Articles 

KANDIVALI IS CONVENIENCE PERSONIFIED 

MADHUSMITA SAHOO 

Mainly known for his comic roles,Swapnil has done lead roles in TV serials like Shri Krishna (1993),Hare Kkaanch Ki Choodiyaan (2005),Marathi film Checkmate (2008) and Mumbai-Pune-Mumbai (2010).Though he has lived all his life in Charni Road,his family shifted to Kandivali (E) several years back and since has considered this home.I have been living in Kandivali (E) for ten years now.I have been born and brought up in the town side of the city.My family comprises of my father and mother.I love living in this area and dont miss town at all.Iats like a city in its own rights, avers Swapnil,who finds this place very convenient work wise as well.
As a stand-up comedian,Swapnil first appeared in Comedy Circus 1 (2007).Currently he is a judge in the popular show Fu Bai Fu,on Zee Marathi channel and also plays the lead role in TV comedy series Papad Pol on SAB TV.Talking about the popularity of the show Papad Pol,the 32-year old actor says,It is not a sitcom.It is more like a page out of everyday life.It will make you laugh one minute and cry at another.At the same time,it will also make you think about small things that constitute our life every minute. 
Swapnil is seen as a darkskinned,lovable character called Vinaychand,a school dropout in the show,based on Gujarati humorist and standup comedian Shahabuddin Rathods stories.
Swapnil simply dotes on the environment and the facilities that this area provides.It is self-sufficient in its own rights.You can get anything and everything here,starting from a hair pin to a car at an arms reach.Being a foodie,I love this place even more for its wide variety of eating joints open even at the wee hours of the morning.The most important thing for me is the convenient travel which enables me to reach my sets on time.People here are very friendly and work together for various causes.This is the only area that has a direct access from the Highway.What more can one ask for! 
madhusmita.sahoo@ 
timesgroup.com

[Previous] MYT Kandivali [Next]