•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
   Swapnil Joshi turn producer
Well known television actor and comedian Ali Asgar, has become co-producer with his best friend and actor Swapnil Joshi. 

The two have joined hands with yet another celebrity on Marathi television Shriya Pilgoankar (Sachin and Supriya Pilgoankar's daughter) to produce a comedy television show in Marathi calledNana-O-Nana.

We spoke to Ali Asgar about turning producer who said, "It's a big step for our careers as we have set up a production company called Three Cheers Productions Pvt Ltd. The show will star well known Marathi and Hindi actor Ashok Saraf, playing the lead role named Nana Punekar while Late Lakshmikant Berde's wife Priya Berde will play a character called Nani Punekar, Nana's wife. The show is a comedy which will focus on the people of Pune and their attitude towards life. It's a Marathi sitcom."

Talking about his experience of turning producer, he said, "It is very challenging to become a producer and now I have learned to handle a budget while hiring actors. But in this journey of being a producer, Sachin Pilgoankar who has a huge experience in this industry has become our guide. He taught us how to be an honest producer and be prepared before going on the sets."

His relationship with Swapnil is fabulous too he said. "My relationship with Swapnil is very cordial and I share a special comfort level with him. It is nice to have Shriya as our third partner in this venture and I must say she is as brilliant as her father and mother."

Would he be acting in the show? "Well, everything depends on the director's creativity but I must say producing a show is big challenge."

The show will be on air for 13 weeks and will have 26 episodes. Nana-O-Nana will go on air from July 4 every Monday and Tuesday at 10 pm on Mee Marathi.

Edited by gaurav_fan - 12 years ago