Rules & Regulations|| MUST Read!

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago

Rules & Regulations - Gulaal Forum

(Collaborated from KDMHMD & Tere Liye Forums)
Compiled by: -Fivr-

Since more & more members are joining the Gulaal forum with every passing day, it is time we put up some Rules & Regulations. Please try to follow these rules so that we can make the Gulaal forum better.

Below are the Development Team Members for the Gulaal forum:

Channel Moderators - Manasi_16, Kiran.

Coolbie -Nach_Baliye

Videobie - Dhruvie

Please read through the IF Code of Conduct: IF Codes of Conduct

Below are Rules of the section.

Introduce Yourself - As new members are joining the Gulaal section everyday, I would request members who are new to the section to introduce themselves in Gulaal INtroduction: Introduce yourself here thread.

New Topics -Before posting a new topic, check first 4-5 pages to see that a similar topic (if not the same one) has not already been posted. Any repetitive topics would be deleted or closed. Also, please make sure that any one-liner/live update topics be moved to the Episode Discussion Threads as it will allow for all general discussion for the episode to be collected in one place.

No Update Requests - Please be patient. Do not create topics asking for written / video/ picture updates. The updates will be posted as per the updaters' convenience. If you are not assigned to do the updates then please do not post updates.  This is not fair as the updater spends time in doing the update and when they come to the forum they find it already done and posted, it puts the updaters' work to waste. 

No Advertising - Videos from other forums/websites containing the website logo are not allowed. If found doing so the topic will be trashed & a PM will be send. After three warning PM's should you continue to post said videos, your warning level will be raised.

Also posting links from IF in other forums is strictly prohibited.

No Personal Attacks/Bashing - IF is a free forum & everyone has a right to put in their views/thoughts but one should see to it the comments made by him/her does not hurt anyone else. Do not use offensive or foul words. If you don't like a character that does not mean that you can use offensive or foul language. Abusing any actor/member, passing comments on physical features of any celebrity or launching any direct or indirect personal attack on member is strictly prohibited. Bashing up any actor/member is against IF Code Of Conduct.

If we find any member bashing up or instigating a fight in the forum a warning PM will be send & if they continue to do so their warning level will be raised.

No Comments - Do not post replies or comments under topics which bear the phrase 'No Comments' in their title or within the post. As the title suggests, it is not meant to be replied to. If you wish to comment or reply or thank the author, you may PM the author of the post or topic. Anyone who does not follow this will be dealt with seriously. You shall receive warnings for every post and the warning level will be increased.

Posting Email Address/Personal Information of Actors - Accounts,email addresses and personal pictures/information of actors are not allowed to be posted or revealed unless they themselves give it. Also, posting your email address on open forum is not allowed - it really isn't safe!

Posting Articles - Before posting any article please check the first few pages or use the "Search" bar which is located in the right side of the forum, above the "My Last 10 Topic/Popular Topics" section, to make sure that it has not been posted before. Provide the source of the articles posted from other website.

IF is in direct competition with IndianTelevision & Telly Chakkar. See to it that you do not post articles from these two websites.

Do not post articles from Telly Buzz directly on forum. Provide the link to the article only.

Consecutive Replies - We often see members posting 2-3 replies one below the other. This is a type of spamming. Once in a while is acceptable but not always. Please avoid doing so.

Topics/Polls of Comparison - Please refrain from creating topics that may lead to fights. Topics like  'Who is better suited for the role' or 'Which show is better' or 'Who looks good' etc. Such topics will be closed down. Comparison between different actors (from Gulaal or otherwise) will not be allowed - these discussions lead to fights and cause a lot of fans to get hurt in the process.

No Chatting/Spamming - Refrain yourself from chatting/spamming on the forum. Don't to start your personal chats in threads opened for various subjects/discussion topics. Please try to stick to the topic title when posting replies - chatting in discussion topics is NOT allowed.

The forum has a chat club for your convenience - if you feel the need to converse with other members about topics not related to the show or its actors, feel free do to so in the ~ ll Rango Ki Mehfil - The Gulaal CC ll ~.

Don't post topics that are not related to the show, Gulaal.  Don't spam any thread repeatedly with emotions.

Please note that the Appreciation Threads are specifically to discuss a particular character/actor from the show. Personal chatting should be kept to a minimum.

Emotions - Do not type a message or post a reply full of emoticons only. Emoticons are used to emphasize how you feel when words alone aren't enough. They serve as "add-ons" to your message BUT it doesn't mean that you are to type a whole line of emoticons alone, without a single word or phrase (e.g. '😃')! Messages containing only emoticons  will be deleted.

Quoting Posts/Members - Do NOT quote more than 3 short posts or  long posts especially when it messes up the coding which makes it look bad. If you want to reply to someone use the @ format like @A:, @B: & so on. You can also use the @ format to reply to multiple members in the same post.

Using Signatures - As per the rule a member is allowed to use three signature of regular size i.e 600 * 400 pixels & one small one. Do not use wallpaper size signature in your signature. To know more in details you can read Rules & Regulations of the Avatar & Signature Section.

Use "Like" Button -Every often we see members posting thanks or tfs or one liner instead of using the button. The Like feature was added so that spamming could be alleviated. Saying thanks, tfs, etc constitutes spamming. If you have nothing more to say apart from thanks then you can thank the member using the button which is located in the bottom right corner of a post.

Reporting Topics - If you find any topic/reply that is offensive/can lead to any kind of fight or is breaking any of the above mentioned rules then you can PM any Dev. Team Member or report the topic using the button which is located on in the top right corner of any post.

Posting in ALL CAPS - Please refrain from posting in ALL CAPs since it is considered as shouting and rude on the internet - even if you do not intend for it to be so. One or two words/phrases in CAPs are all right but posting full sentences/posts in ALL CAPs is not allowed. 

x--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------x

Frequently Asked Questions

• I am new to the forum - where do I go to introduce myself?
Introductions - New members please introduce yourself in the Gulaal INtroduction: Introduce yourself here thread.
  • Where do I find all the important links related to the Gulaal forum?

Archive Mansion - This is a thread wherein you will find all the important links like GOTW, Help Desk, Picture Gallery, Update Archives etc. You can check -||-Gulaal::ArchiveMansion NoComments-||- to find important links related to the show.

• I have questions that I need help with - where do I go?

Comments/Suggestions/Help Desk - If you have any queries, comments or suggestion regarding the show then please post it in -||-Gulaal::HelpDesk & SuggestionsCorner-||-.

• Where do I find written and video updates for the show so far?
Updates Archive - You can find all written and video updates in the-||-Gulaal::Written&VideoUpdateArchive-||-. All the updates are organized by month, going from the oldest to most recent updates.

• Where do I find creations (signatures, avatars, etc) for the show?
Creations Gallery - You can find all creations related to the show in the Gulaal Creation Gallery:.

• Is there a place where I can find all the pictures related to the show, Gulaal and its cast?
Picture Gallery - All pictures related to the show and it's cast can be found in the -ll-Gulaal::Picture Gallery.NoComments-ll-. The Picture Gallery is a no comment thread so please do not post comments in the thread - use the "Like" button to appreciate members' efforts.
  • I want to discuss the daily episodes in general - where do I go?
Episode Discussion - The daily developments of the episodes can be discussed in the Episode Discussion Thread (EDT). Live updates can also be provided in the EDTs.

x--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------x

If you have any doubts/suggestions/objections regarding anything, please feel free to PM me [-Fivr-].

Regards,
IF Development Team
Edited by -Fivr- - 12 years ago