July Newsletter - ALL members please see! - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago
Hey Ayesha ðŸ¤—🤗🤗

First of all, no worries about the "BS" - feel free to come and rant at me anytime ðŸ˜‰

As a fellow sig-maker, I completely sympathise with you. In fact, I understand every one's concerns. It is not nice when you work so hard coming up with creative ideas only to have people steal them and claim credit. Even if it is just small things like text or borders (and I hope you don't think that section was specifically meant for you. There are a number of examples of that around the forum and it wasn't intended as a personal remark against you ðŸ˜³

For me, balancing my sig-maker's instincts with my duties as a mod where I have to look after the whole forum, can be a challenge since I don't want to upset anyone. 

You are abso right in that cutting/cropping other peoples' sigs is a huge rule break and should (and WILL) be punished. 

In some ways though, this issue is one that has to be dealt with on a case by case basis. There is a set of ground rules that must be followed, but there will always be exceptions, loopholes, confusions etc. 

Tell you what - next time you spot something you don't like or you feel is wrong, come to me. Show me examples, give me proof, and we'll work something out. I can't promise that I will always be able to help you, but I can promise that I will always try. I hope that helps put your mind at ease ðŸ¤—

And as a general rule for everyone, please, please DO come to me when you spot something wrong. Please don't assume that I will spot every rule-break or wrong thing as I can't be everywhere at once. I won't know about it unless someone tells me. So creator, friends of creators, please PM me and make me aware of it. I can only do my job then. 

@Jen - ðŸ¤—🤗 Yes, from my point of view that is allowed. As long as the original pics are not tampered with, it doesn't violate copyright. But you can create "fantasy couples" using two individual pics and making them into a sig. Not by transplanting Sonam K's face on KSG's picture. Hope that's clear ðŸ˜³
Originally posted by make-believe

You are the most random mod ever, Vas! ðŸ˜†

Why do you say that, makebelieve? It is entirely possible that someone might want to put Santa and SRK together in the same pic to make a SRK-Santa themed Christmas card? After all, SRK and Christmas are the only real sells in the world...

Yeah, I should just stop now. You are right, I am totally THE most random mod ever ðŸ¤£ðŸ¤£ðŸ¤£

And that's why you love me ðŸ˜‰
i think we should start the MOTW again, other, its all PERFECT!
WELL DONE! 😃 🤗
First off thank you for explaining the whole morphing jazz! I don't know how to do it in the first place but I am glad you addressed the issue and how it's against the rules. Also I think I get you about people going overboard and not know where to draw the line with one's style and what can and can't be copied or more like repeated!

Originally posted by psawyer

Tell you what - next time you spot something you don't like or you feel is wrong, come to me. Show me examples, give me proof, and we'll work something out. I can't promise that I will always be able to help you, but I can promise that I will always try. I hope that helps put your mind at ease ðŸ¤—

And as a general rule for everyone, please, please DO come to me when you spot something wrong. Please don't assume that I will spot every rule-break or wrong thing as I can't be everywhere at once. I won't know about it unless someone tells me. So creator, friends of creators, please PM me and make me aware of it. I can only do my job then. 

^ I have to say a huge thanks separately for this one! I might bug you 🤣 and it's nice to know that you are willing to take time to hear us out ðŸ˜Š
awsome topic 

my suggestion ðŸ˜³
i think mods u guys  must start a banner contest for iss pyaar ko kya naam doon star plus show ðŸ˜³

really looking forward for amazing stunning awwsome banner of this show 
Originally posted by cool82d

awsome topic 

my suggestion ðŸ˜³
i think mods u guys  must start a banner contest for iss pyaar ko kya naam doon star plus show ðŸ˜³

really looking forward for amazing stunning awwsome banner of this show 

Hi hun,

iss pyaar show doesn't belong to AS section as its a SP show, but I am sure a new banner contest will be up there soon😳

Read.
Agree with most points.

At the end off the day, copying or not - no one can do anything about it and that's what makes it doubly frustrating but being angry or annoyed doesn't help either. 🤔 Learn to deal with it - I have.

In a negatively positive way (if that makes sense) people producing similar stuff motivates me to go and make something twice as better - might just be my competitive streak talking though. :P

I'm not gonna say anything patronising like 'take it as a compliment' because that line annoys the heck out off me too but.. If you love sig making you'll still make ur stuff no matter what... it's a hobby afterall. The only valid reason to give up any hobby is if u honestly stink at it.. 😆 Actually even then you shouldn't give up... :P

Jokes apart... thanks for the post Vasu n Mels!!!
Originally posted by Jungli Billi

In a negatively positive way (if that makes sense) people producing similar stuff motivates me to go and make something twice as better - might just be my competitive streak talking though. :P

I'm not gonna say anything patronising like 'take it as a compliment' because that line annoys the heck out off me too but.. If you love sig making you'll still make ur stuff no matter what... it's a hobby afterall. The only valid reason to give up any hobby is if u honestly stink at it.. ðŸ˜† Actually even then you shouldn't give up... :P

Well said. On a forum like this, these things are not prosecutable in any real way (well, people are welcome to try, I guess ðŸ˜•ðŸ˜†). So it's not like "real life" where if someone copies your words or art you can sue them in a court of law and win compensation. So at a certain point we have to let go - which doesn't mean that we can't protect/defend our work in any way. 

Yes, the whole "take it as a compliment" thing is really annoying, and I won't say that either. I doubt that a writer "takes it as a compliment" when someone plagiarises their work. But maybe it will just spur you on to bigger and better things. And actually, the person(s) copying you will have to keep up with you, and will make it all the more obvious that they are copying you. Real talent shines through, always. Copycats will always be only copycats. 
thanks for putting this up! (:

the copying thing is just lamee, and idk how many times i've told that alreadyy. but yeah, dude, if you copy the same brush, font and stuff, you cant really complain over that, lol.