Posted: 12 years ago
During auditions Mr. Adnan Sami  stopped him just after he had sung his first note.😊 Some of us might have thought that he was singing wrong note,😆 but I knew he was too good. Mr. Sami invited him to come to Bombay and later all judges enjoyed his performance.

This guy Nitin Kumar belongs to Chint Purni, a very holy and famous town in Himachal and its known for mata Chint Purni's temple. Millions of pilgrims visit this temple each year and I know Nitin has ma ranni's blessings. There is no doubt in my mind that he is a long race horse.

Nitin's this rendition was good enough to bring tears in my eyes. What a superb performance. This is baba bulee shah's sufi kalaam:

sahib teri bandi ha mai, changi ha ya mandi ha mai,
santa di mai goli hosa, goliyan walee karam karesa,
sahib teri bandi ha mai ...

means:

O'Lord I'm your devotee, wether I'm good or bad, I'm still yours.
I'm maid of all Saints and will take care of all servents duties.

Baba bulle shah, Hashim shah, varish shah and other Sufi poets often consider thenself a female soul or wife and God as husband or master.

I guess Nitin sang the above composition in raag Kanhra Darbari. His low notes as well as high notes are perfect in this song.
He reminds me of Kamal Khan of SRGMP 10  

Edited by JaspalToronto - 12 years ago
i think he is the best male singer after amanat ali .he could easily have won old sgrmp.👏          maza aa gaya
He's an awesome singer. I hope he makes it far in this competition.

All of these kids are too good.
Edited by Awww - 12 years ago
is this an appreciation thread? Please add me to his fan list :)
He is fab singer. But I feel sometimes he sounds bit nasal.  Nothing wrong with that..
Originally posted by Dabulls23

He is fab singer. But I feel sometimes he sounds bit nasal.  Nothing wrong with that..

Oh ji koye gal nahi Varsha di, munda thora jiha Nasal hai te ki hogaya.😆

I guess they need to go little bit nasal sometimes. I remember last year in little champs Asha ji was explaining the technique to a contestant , how to use our tongue to create a nasal note. She said, " ha naak bhi kahi kahi lagana zaroori hai, par apko aana chaheyee ki naak kab aur kaha kaisee lagana hai."

Nitin is a brilliant singer. I like the way he comes on stage - bare- foot as he is singing in a temple.  That shows his passion for music.

His performance on last Friday was superb.
Wow! brilliant work! What an amazing performance by Azmat, Krishnandu and Nitin. Teeno ek se barhkar ek. I haven't seen something like that on SRGMP.
Inki ye performance dekh kar hradeh bhav vibhor ho gaya. You can't train or teach or polish these diamonds as they are God gifted. Can you believe that 10, 12 and 14 year olds are singing like professional singers. They have a very bright future ahead of them.

Since Nitin is elder than Krishna and Azmat, he is more experienced, polished and he uses Harkets and Murkeeyans in correct sur which is very seldom seen in kids in such a young age. Rahi baat Azmat mian ji ki, inkee ruh mai to Allah mian ka niwas hai warna ek bacche ki zuban se aisee Murkeeyan aur harketee aana mumkin nahi hai.😊   Congtats to Guru Javed.

Edited by JaspalToronto - 12 years ago
Nitin was the best this wk and dunno why he did not get POTW.
L'il Champs_2011-07-30_Nitin - Surmayi Shaam (Lekin, 1991)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KF7P79ZS