Article Archives-No Comments

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
Welcome To The Article Archives Section Of 

Kahani Chandrakanta Ki

Here You Will Find All Articles Related To The Show

Comments Are Not Allowed
Posted: 12 years ago
Shikha Swaroop returns in Chandrakanta

Television actress Shikha Swaroop, who last appeared in and as Chandrakanta on Doordarshan, made a comeback with the sequel of the show called Kahani Chandrakanta Ki on Sahara One. She talks about her hiatus, her return and the show that brought her back on telly.

Where did you disappear for so long?
Post Chandrakanta, I did some films Gulshan Kumar's Naagmani, Anil Sharma's Tehelka and even few television shows. But then I wanted a break and I went Delhi -away from acting and the glamour world. I wanted to replinsh my soul so I read a lot of spiritual books, learnt yoga and eve Reiki. Not working for a while was therapeutic and wonderful.

You did Chandrakanta 15 years ago so what difference do you find in the experience then and now?
Fifteen years is really a long time yet I don't feel much difference frankly. Working on a set, shooting, playing a character is as exciting today as it was back then. There has of course been a whole lot of improvement in technology for sure including post production, graphics, styling and a lot more.
How different is Kahani Chandrakanta Ki from the previous one?
The story is in continuation of Chandrakanta, yes you can say a sequel. Kahani Chandrakanta Ki, unlike Chandrakanta, is inspired from the book Chandrakanta Saniti. This time Chandrakanta has become powerful as she is not a princess anymore but a queen. She rules a huge kingdom and is more experienced in life. She is the decision maker, which will be interesting to watch out

Where have you shot for the serial?
We are shooting in Panvel, Mahableshwar, Gujarat and several other locations. The palaces, the horses etc., everything are real. Our producers like to be as authentic as possible and for such a concept outdoor shooting is a must.

Will we see you in more shows or films?
I have just made my comeback on television. I am starting my new innings, so let's see how things work out and where life takes me.