Posted: 12 years ago

Priya peeked out of her bedroom to see if her mother was around, like most days she wanted to sneak out of her house without her mother following her.  It was embarrassing when her mother got into stupid tiffs with other residents, the watchmen or total strangers.  She had just reached the door when she heard the shrill voice of her mother, "Priyu...wait for me.  Come I will drop you to work.  Your papa gave me the cars today as I want to take Ayesha for a facial."

Priya sighed and looked at her mother.  Please god help me!  She cringed at what her mother was wearing, it was bright pink t-shirt with bold black letters FCUK and black tights and pink sandals.  "Maa...do you think you should wear that t-shirt?" Priya asked.  Shipra looked in the mirror, "Why what's wrong?  Ayesha was throwing it away...such a good t-shirt.  Do you know how much money she paid for it?  That Sharma uncle's beti brought it from England...brand lable hai."

Priya rolled her eyes, "yes...and they are for young girls maa...not for us."

Shipra applied pink lipstick and glared at Priya. "Gawd Priya who is old...you are only thirty and look at you...dressing like that...that same kurti and jeans every day.  I keep telling you...take tips from Ayesha...dress up a bit and you will have guys lining up for you."

Priya got pissed off, conversation with her mother always ended up around guys.  "Maa sorry...boring...  I am happy with what I am doing...I am not ready for shadi.   If you are dreaming of getting rid of me, then just think of being grams to half a dozen kids. "

"Haye...half a dozen kids...pagal hogayi kay?  Now days most girls have one and stop...they want to enjoy life you know."  Shipra had a deathly look on her face.

Priya opened the door.   "Yes I want lots of kids.   Are you ready maa?  Because I have to leave or else I will be late."

Shipra shook her head, she could never understand her older daughter.  First she refused to get married after her Masters and then she takes off two years working with some charity in some jungle in north of India and then comes back and works for peanuts at an NGO.  Her only hope was her younger son or daughter making something of themselves or marrying into money.

Shipra picked up her handbag, another one of Ayesha's cast off, gave herself a one more glance in the mirror and trotted off after Priya.  In the car, Priya switched off mentally to block out her mother's incessant talk about Ayesha and her beauty contests...and how close Ayesha always came to winning them.  Priya felt sorry for Ayesha...if her sister was left alone by her mother...then may be...maybe she could come to win one of the beauty contests.

The screech of brakes and her mother's loud scream jolted Priya out of her thought.  A silver gleaming Mercedes was facing them directly.  "Maa...what did you do?"  Priya asked in shock, and nervously looking at the men glaring at them now from the other car.

Shipra shaken by the accident, screamed at Priya, "What did I do?  What do you mean?  Didn't you see them...the stupid car drove into my car.   Stupid men...think they can drive how they like?"

Priya watched as the car door opened and a guy stepped out.  "Maa...get out of the car...and don't say anything.  Just stay calm, let's sort this out quietly."  Shipra snorted, "Calm...my foot...watch me skin that snake alive.  They will find out who Shipra Sharma is..."  With that Shipra got out of the car and started her tirade.  Priya covered her face with hands; her mother was impossible.  She was startled when she heard someone knocking on the window of her side of the car.  Priya turned her head and found herself staring into two intense dark eyes.  The face wore a smile and the man mouthed her to come out of the car.

Priya looked at her mother, still in verbal duel with the other man.  She gave a nervous smile to the man and stepped out.  "Hi..."  the man said in a deep drawl.  He was dressed in a neat suit and tie.

Being a little confident as the man was smiling, Priya said, "Hi...look I am sorry about the accident...I am not sure whose fault it is.  But please can we settle this in a best possible way...I mean we will pay for damages to your car...if maa was at fault."  The man looked amused, looked as if he wanted to have a good laugh.

"Look miss...I realize your mother is not in a fit state of mind to talk...and I have an urgent business meeting that I need to get too...we were in a rush and my driver made a rash judgement, and hit your car.  Here...this is my business card..." he held out a card for Priya, "please call my office and let them know what the cost is to get your car fixed."  Priya took the card and looked at the bold letters, Ram Kapoor, CEO, Kapoor Industries.

Priya took a pen out and scribbled the license plate of the other car on the card, "License # just in case."

"Sure...you can never know these days..."

"Thank you Mr Kapoor...and" she glanced at her mother who had stopped shouting at the other man and was now eyeing them suspiciously, "please tell your driver sorry...if my mother said anything bad...she just gets a bit hyper." 

Ram Kapoor chuckled, "Your mother is an interesting woman...Ms..." he stopped for her to say her name.  There was an twinkle in his eyes as they stared at her.

Priya felt a warmth on her cheeks, "Priya...Priya Sharma...and my mother's name is Shipra."

"Priya Sharma...nice name." Ram Kapoor looked at the simply clad woman in front of him.  What an odd pair...a young woman who looked, calm and down to earth and the older woman who was trying like monsoon hurricane.

"Sir!" Ram heard his assistant Vikram call out, "we should leave..."

Ram Kapoor gave a quick smile at Priya and turned and walked towards the open door of his Mercedes.  The car reversed quickly and pulled away;  Priya saw Ram stare at her as the car drove away.

Shipra walked up to her daughter and asked in a high pitched voice, "What did that man say to you?  I hope he is going to pay for damages...his stupid driver said it was his fault."

Priya gave her mother a smile, "of course maa...did you think I would let him go away without agreeing to pay.  Now I am going to take rickshaw to work and also call dad and ask him to come here and to take the car to a garage for an estimate, and then I can let Ram Kapoor's office know what they owe us."

"Ram Kapoor...did you say his name was Ram Kapoor?"  Shipra shrilled excitedly.

"yes...maa.  Have you met him before?"  Priya asked, her mind thinking up ridiculous thoughts about the possibilities of her mother clashing with Ram Kapoor.

"I THOUGHT I HAD SEEN HIM SOMEWHERE...now I remember, he was a judge at one to the contest...very handsome man...and very rich."  Shipra eyes now gleamed with delirious thoughts of how she could fix up one of her daughters with Ram Kapoor...now he would be a catch.   Yup...thinking of looks on some of the snooty women's faces that lived in their building after she told of her daughter marrying into high society .  Shipra, she said to herself...kismat khool gayi aaj...thank you bhagwanji...now I too will get to have my own Mercedes...Bhagwanji tussi great hoh.

Priya frowned hard as she saw her mother looking as pleased as a peacock leaning against the car with the bumper lying in pieces on the floor.

wow!!😍 i was picturizing the characters enact it out. beautiful😛

i wonder is it so hard for creatives to come with such simple yet mesmerizing scenes...nothing over the top!
How i wish the yesterday's scene was on similar lines of this OS ,Kantaben.
but nope Ekta mayi & her ever dragging tactics😆At this rate i am not even sure they will meet this wek or not😕
I could totally imagine Priya's mom in those cloths & had a good laugh .Have to say when it comes to Shipra,we all share varied degree of discomfort,irritation.😆

Liked the softness in writeup when Ram was asking her name.
Correct me if i am wrong,but i think u like naughty Ram more than this sada bholuram.😉

Originally posted by preety_219

How i wish the yesterday's scene was on similar lines of this OS ,Kantaben.
but nope Ekta mayi & her ever dragging tactics😆At this rate i am not even sure they will meet this wek or not😕
I could totally imagine Priya's mom in those cloths & had a good laugh .Have to say when it comes to Shipra,we all share varied degree of discomfort,irritation.😆

Liked the softness in writeup when Ram was asking her name.
Correct me if i am wrong,but i think u like naughty Ram more than this sada bholuram.😉

yep...the naughtier the better...I think we have enough dramabaazi...something light and fluffy and frilly would be good.  At least we would have a belly full of laugh.
Very innovative

These are the scenes which attract viewers nothing over the top !!
I so wished such scenes cud be incorporated
we have god writers here who can make OS's a better picture,,,

Nice one keep it up !
Nice one how lovely it would have been if was yesterday episode was like this keep it up
Originally posted by tintiny

Moi :)

where is my aaj ki bateein...I want to know if I should take a peek at Rambabu...
Originally posted by divan

where is my aaj ki bateein...I want to know if I should take a peek at Rambabu...

Posted !!
Kantaben, tussi great ho, a small scene, very short but very apt, wish we could see something like this instead of constant screaching and ear shattering noise!!  Loved it!!!

It was a very nice OS.I like the way Ram and Priya met and spoke in a very calm and logical manner.How I wish they had met like this in the show.Anyway,you write very nicely and I hope you'll continue writing many more OSs and FFs😊