Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago

Sizing Up Ratan

Kareena Kapoor's size zero fad hasn't impressed everyone, not in the least the TV industry, which still wants its heroines to look more filled out. 

And when it comes to dressing up a bride, size, apparently, does matter. So, Ratan Rajput, who's appearing on TV these days to find a groom for herself on a televised swayamvar, has been asked to gain some weight,albeit in all the right places. The actress has been asked to go on a high-protein diet so that there's a more curvaceous Ratan on the show. "Recently, when Ratan was trying various dresses for the swayamvar, her close friend and her designer for the show advised her to put on some weight in the right places. They also advised her to appoint a gym instructor to work on her assets," informed a trusted source from the channel. 

When contacted, Ratan said, "Yes, I am eating a lot of dairy products these days, especially cheese, but it is not to gain weight. It is just that I did not find enough time while shooting for my serials to pay attention to my health. I have also regulated my diet and I am taking rich meals thrice a day. But no, I have not appointed any gym instructor. Why would I do that? I am happy the way I look." Hope the boys participating on your show too are happy with it, Ratan.
-----------------------------------

.Tanya. thumbnail

Ratan Rajput prepares for her swayamvar

Ratan Rajput prepares for her swayamvar

Ratan Rajut not leaving any stone unturned to look stunning in Swayamvar Season 3...

Swayamvar Season 3 - Ratan Ka Rishta will undoubtedly bring in a wave on Imagine if Ratan chooses to change her marital status. And Jaipur is all set to witness one more swayamvar this year. 

A little birdie from Jaipur informs, "Everyone is quite excited to witness Ratan's  swayamvar , her parents relatives and also a few TV friends will be gracing the ceremony to give Ratan a few tips to make her decision. Apart from that, the bride is also preparing herself to look good on screen."

Talking about the preparation, our source says, "Ratan will be groomed in a style where she will be seen in revealing cholis and Ghagras made out of different sarees. She has no tantrums on her dressing style as it was noticed during Rakhi Sawant's Swayamvar."

We too hear that she is now leaner than before and is also having healthy diet to look stunning on television.

We earlier reported about Ratan getting more offers from all over India and form abroad, which is more than that of Rakhi Sawant and Rahul Mahajan. We too hear that Ratan also received a few Rishtas from guys who are aged and also who are younger than her.

We contacted Ratan Rajput and she was happy to comment between her shoot as she manages, "Actually I am very excited for my Swayamvar, butterflies are flying in my heart and I am having the same feeling as any other girl would feel before getting married. And talking about my physic, I don't think I have lost weight, in fact, I would say that if I get thinner then I won't be visible on screen. But I am trying my best to look good on screen."

Will Ratan be able to change the earlier outlook of Swayamwar? That's something we have to wait and watch…

Reporter and Author: Tejashree Bhopatkar

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.Tanya. thumbnail

"Marriage is my childhood dream"-Ratan Rajput

"Marriage is my childhood dream"-Ratan Rajput

Ratan Rajput talks on her Swayamvar on the national channel...

Swayamvar Season 3 is back with a bang and this time it's none other than our Bitiya of small screen Ratan Rajput fondly known as Laali, on  board as the Dulhan. But Ratan promises to be Ratan  in front of her audience and not in any character. Unlike the other biggies, Ratan seemed genuine about her marriage, in a talk with the press. Rakhi Sawant and Rahul Mahajan succeeded in grabbing good TRPs with their controversies but they eventually found their relationship undergoing a friction. Ratan is getting a golden opportunity to select her own dream boy and while talking she expressed her views, beliefs and most importantly her choice to TellyBuzz.

What made you to take up Swayamvar on National Television?
Actually it was a surprise for me when Imagine TV put forward the proposal of doing Swayamvar season 3 with me. I was so taken aback that i first looked into the mirror and asked myself if it is possible to have my Swayamvar on a national channel. I did a brainstorming session with myself and I knew that I have to get married one day and hence i thought why not now.Further I discussed everything with my family about the Swayamvar and later on I given a nod to the channel.
I always had a dream to get married since childhood and whenever my friends ask me what I want to do in future, i used to reply that I want to get married. Frankly speaking I was not very career oriented and since I basically belong to theater, I never thought to be a television actress. So marriage was in my mind since many years and today I got a chance to do it on a national TV.

The news of your Swayamvar shocked your fans; what would you like to say to them?
I know my fans care for me. Since the previous two seasons have not made a good remark on them, they are really worried and that's the reason they reacted emotionally. I would like to make it clear that Swayamvar or marriage is not one sided as it involves two people and hence it mutual involvement from both the side. Even if I like a guy, it's not always necessary that he too should have the same feeling towards me. So I think before  Swayamvar we should all be positive about everything.

The first two swayamvars with Rakhi and Rahul were controversial, why did you opt to be  the 3rd name in the list?
Truly speaking I have not watched any of the previous episodes of Swayamvar and I am unaware of what happened in those seasons. Being a daily soap actress, i think it is a disadvantage that i have. But I can assure that this will be my Swayamvar, Ratan Rajput's Swayamvar, which the audience will witness.

Are you not afraid of your name getting trashed or image being ruined, by doing a Swayamvar?
I think everyone has their own Image and personality and I am a typical 'aam insaan' (Common person), who is not afraid of anything. If you are genuine, your audience will be with you.

Agle Janam has provided you with a good girl image of Laali. Does it mean that you want to get over with this image?
Agle Janam has given me everything and the reason why I am seated here is all because of Laali and the love which the audience has given me throughout the show. And I don't want to get over my character but here everyone will get to see Ratan Rajput and not any other character of any show.

Do you think you are ready for marriage now? Will that put a break to your career?
I had already said that its been my  dream to get married since childhood and I am perfectly ready to get married. But I don't think it will put a break to my career.

We heard about your relationship with Vikas Gupta, is it true?
If I had fallen in love, I don't think I would be standing here in front of you for my Swayamvar, and that's my answer to all your questions. I have never fallen in love before.

Will your family indulge in taking decisions of your marriage?
Yes, of course. Most of the decisions in the Swayamvar will be taken by my family and friends.

Do you believe in Swayamvar? What are the pros and cons?
I would say Swayamvar is the one golden chance which rarely any girl gets in this era to decide on her marriage, and I  feel very lucky to be the one. In history Sita had her decision on her Swayamvar and likewise today I have mine. Pros and cons are something which depend on the person and how you handle the different situations which come across.

Do you really want to get married or will history repeat? If you don't get your dream boy in the Swayamvar, will you compromise?
Please be positive before saying anything as I really want to get married here. (Smiles) no I wont compromise if i don't get a perfect match for me. The channel is trying hard to find out those few who can match me perfectly.

Is it the huge money that made you accept this offer? We heard about you being paid 5 crore for this venture?
No not at all and money is not that made me accept this show. Actually I have seen my dad struggling for my 4 sisters' marriage and when this offer came to me I thought that my parents could take a sigh of relief as everything will be done by Imagine TV.

Have you taken permission from Swastik before taking up this show?
Everything is planned properly and yes, Zee TV is also my family and I have taken their consent too.

What qualities you want in your dream man?
Firstly he should be responsible, caring, a good person as I am very kiddish who forgets everything to keep  things in place. And the most important is, I want him to be independent and not dependent on anything or anyone. And last but not the least he should be fond of bottle gourd.

So guys Ratan is all set to get married on a national channel are you ready to witness it?

Author and Reporter: Tejashree Bhopatkar
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
.Tanya. thumbnail

Ragini Khanna and Rakshanda Khan to grace Ratan Ka Rishta

Ragini Khanna and Rakshanda Khan to grace Ratan Ka Rishta

Ragini Khanna and Rakshanda Khan will be present in an episode ofImagine's Swayamvar Season 3 - Ratan Ka Rishta

Imagine's much awaited royal show Swayamvar Season 3 - Ratan Ka Rishta is gearing up in the magnificent city of Jaipur with celebrity galore.

After Mona SinghDolly BindraSudesh Berry and Sushmita Mukherjee, now we have Ragini Khanna and Rakshanda Khan to Ratan in choosing her match.

We contacted Ragini Khanna and she confirmed the news saying, "Rakshanda and I were present for an episode and it was a different experience being there. We got to meet the contestants and they all are very nice. But at the same time we suggested Ratan not to take a decision in a hurry or under any pressure rather think from heart and mind before making any decision."

The Curtain Raiser for the show will be aired on 30th May and the show will end in the first week of August.  

Reporter: Ranjini Nair, Tejashree Bhopatkar
Author: Ranjini Nair
----------------------------------------------------------------------

.Tanya. thumbnail

"The show demands spontaneity" - Hiten Tejwani

"The show demands spontaneity" - Hiten Tejwani

Hiten Tejwani talks on being the host of Imagine's upcoming showSwayamvar Season 3 - Ratan Ka Rishta

After a long break, Hiten Tejwani recently made a comeback in television with Star One's Rang Badalti Odhani.

Seems like the guy is hooked up with work since then as he will be seen as the new host ofImagine's most awaited show, Swayamvar Season 3 - Ratan Ka Rishta.

In a chat with Telly Buzz, the actor says how he feels taking up a show like Swayamwar wherein he debuts as a full-fledged host.

Read on!!! 

What made you choose a show like Ratan Ka Rishta?
As an actor I wanted to do something different and I felt that being a host I can be myself in a show. I believe that hosting takes a lot of effort and it is actually fun.

How has been the experience in Ratan Ka Rishta till now?
The experience has been wonderful and brilliant.

Apart from the role as a host, you will also be seen as a friend of Ratan Rajput, what are the qualities you are looking for the guy who will marry her?
Actually, Ratan has a final call in this and personally I believe that every girl looks for a guy who is well to do and independent. The girl looks for a guy who takes care of her and the overall personality matters for the girl.  

You are appearing as a host for the first time, how do you feel?
I feel really great because I had earlier seen certain parts of the previous seasons. Though I have done anchoring before, this is the first time I am hosting a full- fledged show all by myself.

What do you think are the challenges as a host and especially for a show like Swayamwar?
The show consists of various contestants who are from different walks of life. You have to deal with them in different ways unlike other shows where you are just giving a commentary to what is going on. These are among the small little challenges that I have to take care of in the show.

There were a lot of issues connected to the series of Swayamwar; weren't you apprehensive before taking up the show?
Yes, there have been issues after the season of Rakhi Ka Swayamvar and Rahul Dulhaniya Le Jaayega (Swayamvar Season 2), but at the same time we should understand that whatever happens after the show is all in their personal life and it is up to them to deal with it.

How is it working with Imagine?
I had worked with Imagine for Kitani Mohabbat Hain before, and it is lovely to be back with the channel.

You stepped into the shoes of Ram Kapoor as a host, any tips you took from him?
Not really, because every individual has his/her own style of hosting. I know people might compare me with Ram Kapoor, but at the same time, they will see a different and real Hiten Tejwani in the show.  

How would you describe Ratan Rajput?
Ratan is a very simple girl and she knows what she wants in a guy. Normally people get confused as to how his or her life partner should be. But she is very clear about her guy.

Will we see Gauri sharing screen space with you in the show?
No, not in Swayamvar.

Do you think Swayamwar will end in Ratan marrying her suitor? What's your gut feel?
Yes, definitely, but it all depends on Ratan. Because she knows that people are watching the show and that is why she knows that she wants to get married.

What are the preparations you had to do to get into the shoes of a host?
Actually the show demands spontaneity and hence preparation doesn't actually matter in the show.

What is your personal take on getting married on national television?
Actually when you get married on national television the whole nation can participate in the wedding. It is one way you can actually involve everyone in your wedding.

Reporter and Author: Saranya Valsarajan 
----------------------------------------------------------
.Tanya. thumbnail

Loha Singh and Gangiya to grace Ratan Ka Rishta...

Loha Singh and Gangiya to grace Ratan Ka Rishta...

Sudesh Berry and Sushmita Mukherjee to make an appearance inImagine's Swayamvar Season 3 - Ratan Ka Rishta

Ratan Rajput, the bride in the making, got a pleasant surprise recently when Loha Singh and Gangiya, her co-actors from her successful show on Zee TVAgle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo, made an appearance on the sets of the Imagine show Swayamvar Season 3 - Ratan Ka Rishta.

Our source states, "Veteran actors Sudesh Berry and Sushmita Mukherjee who played the popular roles in the Zee show shot with Ratan and helped her out in selecting her suitor. It was a great family reunion for Laali, Gangiya and Loha and they were at their spirited best". 

We also hear that Ratan's tale of fatigue continues even now. The fragile looking Ratan we hear, fainted on the sets recently while shooting for her show. 

With Dolly BindraMona Singh having shot for the show already, the celebrity list to grace Ratan Ka Rishta is surely on the rise. 

We tried contacting Sudesh Berry, but he remained unavailable. 

Sushmita Mukherjee told us, "We are not supposed to talk about this". 

Well, keep watching this space for more on Ratan's Swayamvar .

Reporter and Author: Srividya Rajesh
-------------------------------------------------------------
.Tanya. thumbnail

Mona Singh in Ratan Ka Rishta...

Mona Singh in Ratan Ka Rishta...

Mona Singh will enter as a friend to Ratan and will help her in groom hunt in Imagine's upcoming show, Swayamvar Season 3 - Ratan Ka Rishta

The shooting for Imagine TV's, Swayamvar Season 3 - Ratan Ka Rishta  is already on floors and is going in full swing in the beautiful city of Jaipur.

Gracing this occasion of groom hunt will be none other than Mona Singh, who was last seen as a host of Shaadi Teen Crore Ki. Mona will enter as Ratan's friend and will help her in finding her groom.

Telly Buzz has already reported that Dolly Bindrawill be present as a celebrity guest of the show andHiten Tejwani will be the new host for this season. 

We contacted Mona Singh who confirmed the news "Yes I will be going to Jaipur, but nothing is confirmed about when I will leave."

Ratan Ka Rishta is slated to go on air in the first week of June.

Reporter and Author: Ranjini Nair
---------------------------------------------------------------------
.Tanya. thumbnail
Ratan: I am serious about getting married
She is bold, bindaas and a brilliant actress and now Ratan Rajput is on television with her swayamvar on Imagine. Though the show has been dogged with controversies, Ratan emphasis that she is here to search for a life partner and not just be part of a reality show. Ratan knows her priorities and has her goals in life in mind and we wish her best of luck in her mission.

Why did you opt for swayamvar?
I didn't opt for it, the channel approached me. I have no clue as to why they offered this opportunity to me. I guess like any young girl I too want to marry and they learnt that and thought I would be a good prospect for the show.

What was the reaction of your parents and family when you told them you were offered swayamvar?
Well, my parents asked me if I wanted to go ahead with it. We all sat down and discussed if I should be having a swayamvar. I took my time to think over the offer and came to a decision. This is a question of a lifetime so nothing was decided in a hurry. My family wanted me to think carefully if I wanted to marry so soon in life as I had just started my career. So we went over all considerations and accepted the offer.

How is Ratan in real life? 
I am like a normal, girl-next-door. I am bit stubborn but a positive person on the whole. I have a mixed nature like any girl. You get angry in situations that need anger and feel happy when someone makes you smile. I won't be play-acting any character in swayamvar. I will be normal and myself.

What are the highs and lows of being a celebrity?
I have never felt like a celeb or behaved like one. All I can say is when you are famous, people expect a lot from you, they connect with you and want you to be a certain way. That is a tough order for any person. You feel responsible and want to make everyone happy. Your good and bad sides get magnified and that can be scary. Yet I love my audiences and am hoping for their love and support during this journey. I am here because people love me and I hope to live up to their expectations without giving away my dreams.

Is it easy being honest and yourself on television- or does a certain percentage of acting or pretense comes in as self defense?
I don't know about it being easy or not but I feel if you keep it simple, then everything works out. I don't stress on how it will look on tv but I focus on being real and being myself. If I had to pretend to be fake, I could perhaps do it for a day but it isn't possible to keep acting for days on end. At the end of the day, this is about my life and my choices so if I act even an iota, the whole thing will be pointless. I am going to be myself on the show and let people see the real Ratan.

What are you looking for in a husband?
I am looking for qualities that every girl, even you, would look for. I want my man to be caring, loving, understanding and supportive. I admire independent men so I want him to be independent and I want to depend on him totally. I feel an independent man is confident and can handle anything in life.

Who are the closest people in the industry who will help you out in swayamvar?
I have a large extended family, who you might not see on camera but there are always there with me to support, guide and help me. My parents, didi, jijaji and my nephew who I am really close to are few I can name. As far as people in the industry are concerned, there is Dolly didi, Sudesh Berry and many more to come.

Are you feeling the pressure to choose? 
No I am not feeling pressurized at all. There are 16 guys and gradually I have to select the one for me from them. This is tough and confusing at times too but I don't feel pressure.

What did you think of the stories that you won't be choosing a guy after all?
Would you want me to go ahead and marry even if I felt none of the guys suited me? No right? So I took on swayamvar with the idea of find Mr Right. I am looking for my perfect match, the suitable boy. This is my life and not just a show. I am serious about getting married and I hope I reach the right decision in the end. A decision which is right for me, my life and agreeable to the audiences too.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Ratan-I-am-serious-about-getting-married&aid=2892
.Tanya. thumbnail
Band Bajaa Baaraat with Dolly Bindra
The hunt for Ratan Rajput's groom- Ratan Ka Rishta on Imagine TV begins tonight. The show will have some famous names from TV as Ratan's guests and the list includes Dolly Bindra, who will play the role of Ratan's sister and guardian. We speak to Dolly as she reveals about her experience on the show.

What do you think about the concept of a swayamvar?
The concept is great and I am sure that it will be a beautiful experience for Ratan. She is lucky to be a part of this show where she will get to select her ideal life partner.

What kind of relationship do you share with Ratan?
In Ratan Ka Rishta, I am Ratan's guardian. I was handed over the responsibility to look after her and help her to select her perfect match. Ratan got emotional after meeting me and I treated her like a younger sister.

As a sister, what advice did you give her?
I advised her about things I personally believe in. I told her to be careful while selecting her Mr. Right and to make proper inquiries about his family. I reminded her that once she marries a guy, she will see his face every morning, so she should be very careful while making a decision. [laughs]

Tell us about your look in the show?
My designer Shabana Khan created my pink lehenga for the show. The outfit and jewelry was of my choice. The end result was mind boggling. I have to say even Ratan is looking amazing in the show.

Share a memorable moment from Ratan Ka Rishta?
The most memorable moment was my meeting with the prospective grooms. I grilled them and their expressions made me laugh. I tried my best to find out every important detail from them and I was so tired by the end of it, I could not sleep for two nights.

How was the experience of interacting with the prospective grooms?
The experience was good. I asked questions that any concerned family member would ask the boys, like details about their family background and how they can guarantee that they will keep Ratan happy. Also Ratan is a celebrity and will return home late from shoots and parties, so whether they are okay with her lifestyle.

Who are your favourites among the grooms and why?
The South Indian guy Suresh is my favourite. The reason is because he does not know what he wants in life and I found that really funny (laughs).
--------------------------------------
http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Band-Bajaa-Baaraat-with-Dolly-Bindra&aid=2888