Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fishfish thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Dear Friends,

Many of you know me so I will not introduce myself anymore.  Those who do not will get to know me eventually😛.  I had high hopes about the serial after seeing the promo I really hoped Maayi was going to do something different but to be very frank got very upset after seeing the first two episode, so much so to take my revenge I started writing my own version.  Infact I was writing a story on Partition for the forum I run with my friends http://alliswell.express-forum.net and I stopped writing that I started writing this, something which I never did in the past, lekin kya kare Maayi rubs in at the wrong way at times😡  Nevertheless here is the first part...do let me know how you feel about it

Chapter 1

Shushila rubbed her glasses before she put them on, patting her hair in place she took a deep breath'

Now ladies as I told you during my last meeting we have amongst us my friend Shushila'Shushila Choudhury, please hear what she has to say, her friend Shobha announced to the assembled ladies of the "Ladies Round Table Club"  on hearing her name Shushila got up, pulling her cotton dupatta over her bosom nicely, she walked up to the podium, giving a nervous smile, Shushila scanned the sheet in her hand and then started speaking'after initial stammering she got her confidence'.the flow became smooth

Hello'the other day I met Shobha when I had walked in her boutique for a donation'donation towards setting up of a schools with the children of the various chawls in Mumbai, I know I know there are many NGO's working amongst these chawls but my daughter's mission is a bit different.  Shushila carried on with her appeal, answered various questions, a girl from the NGO handed over pamphlets'.Once through she gave a sigh of satisfaction, not too bad, she thought, sitting down on the chair after a couple of hours, she smiled gratefully to the girl who handed over a glass of water, taking a long sip she remembered two months back when Priya had come dejected from a donation campaign, saying people promise but not give, instead they are more interested in some other things, Shushila decided to do something for her daughter.  After a successful career in the IT industry, inspired after reading a book, Priya decided to do something for the society.  Chucking her booming career, she and couple of her like minded friends, got into setting up this NGO, 2 years back, they did not have any problems setting up of one school, they were corporate people, knew the bosses who handed over good donations but they ran into severe fund crunch as the big recession hit USA from where most of their funds came, things were not also good in Europe either and big MNCs decided to go slow donating on social issues'.

You know what Ma, Priya had said, Indians only know how to make money, donating it is not on their agenda, sab rakhenge, for their good for nothing children, grandchildren but they don't realize a fraction of what they earn will make this earth a better place to live'..

Beta calm down calm down, in a country like ours there are many people who make donations, look at Narayan Murthi, Azim Premji'.her father Deepak had commented'.

Papa they are too big and they have their own charities, yes they are doing good work but our focus is elsewhere and in a country like India a few more like them will do us some good but then they are too big for people like us to approach'.Priya had replied dejectedly'.it was one of those rare days their vivacious daughter Priya was feeling down'

Beta I will collect money for you'.Shushila got up, don't worry, I have a plan in my head'.

Plan? You Ma? 

Shushila glanced out towards high end mall visible from her drawing room window'..

Yes beta, now that you have grown up, taking care of yourselves and even Chhoti Ayesha does not need me, your father has retired, he for a change can look after the house while I go begging'

Begging?  Both the father and daughter exclaimed'.

Then Shushila narrated her plan, a nice little note from Priya with some printed pamphlets she will go into that Mall, going around in the shops and rich looking people'.I believe every drop is needed to make an ocean, I am sure kuch na kuch ho jayega'.

Priya was skeptical but her father agreed promptly, yes yes do go out, see the outside world for yourself, atleast I will have the house to myself for sometime'.

Ha ha'now stay in the house and see what it is to manage it, pura din nikal jayega answering the calling bell, courier, milkman this that'

Ha ha theek hai jhel lenge sabko as long as it is not you, first kuch collect karke toh dikhao'.

Priya laughed seeing them fighting..Ok why not, lets give it a try'

It was not easy, Shushila was shy, hesitant and got frightened if anyone frowned or glared at her'but it is in this mall she met Shobha, who was observing Shushila for a fortnight during her rounds to the boutique, she came forward to ask her in detail promising to help her if she found her facts to be true and substantial.  Shobha was also actively involved in various bodies and in this ' Ladies Round Table Club' she was the secretary.  It is glorified rich ladies club but then we do help various people, you know just to lighten our sins, Shobha had told her winking'during our next meeting come and make an appeal lets see what we can do for you'.

Shushila had returned home elated, for the first time she could make a break through, so much so even her husband Deepak was also impressed, she was nervous when Deepak whispered into her ear, remember you were Miss Bhubaneswar'..Shushila had blushed like a young girl, Deepak kis jamane ki baath kar rahe ho'Deepak had winked, to me you are the only one for I have not looked at any other'.her suit was carefully chosen, a khadi suit, fashionable but not over the top, last evening Ayesha her younger daughter took her to the parlour to have her hair dyed, in the morning her daughters helped her to get dressed'.

Shushila'Shushila Mishra a lady peered at her '.

Shushila wiped her mouth putting down the glass'..the face was very known but somehow she could not place it'..

Shushila Mishra Miss Bhubaneswar?

Shushila looked flustered, embarrassed too as after so many years somebody has recognized her but she just couldn't place the lady'err it was a long time ago..she stammered instead'.

Hmmm mai Deepa hu, Deepa Tuli, your first runner-up'.

Deepa tu, Shushila shrieked '..

Shushila after so long'.they clasped each other's hands'.

+++++

Priya inspected the articles made by the children as they were being tagged'her plan is to make the schools self reliant, alongwith studies they made various junk jewelries, small gift items etc etc which they sold through various stores in the city'.infact it was not sufficient 'had to pay out commissions to the stores which sold their products so Priya was also thinking buying their own store'

Priya scanned her mobile, there was no missed call, sms was too much to expect from her mom, as it is she was not too adept to it, must be very excited to type in the message itself'.

+++++

Shushila wished she was carrying a bigger purse, well the ladies did hand over some money mainly under coaxing of Deepa, everyone tried to please Deepa for Shushila felt she would not have been so successful if it had not been for Deepa, her arch rival in the competition way back so many years ago but then somehow today things were different Shushila looked gratefully as Deepa handed over another bundle from a lady'.

Deepa can we have coffee together if you are not too busy'.lets catch up with each other'.

Yes yes Shushila infact I was going to make this offer lekin tumne mera muh ki baath chhin li'.

+++++++

Ayesha looked at her father, Deepak was trying to read a book sitting on the rocking chair but Ayesha knew he was staring at the clock beyond, with his ears alert he was waiting for the calling bell to ring'even after 35 years of marriage these two can be very silly at times'most of the time trying their best not to look concerned but then actually things were very different'.

Papa, you have not sent my clothes to the pressman, what will I wear tomorrow'

Oh nehi bheja, oh sorry beta bhul gaya'.areh din bhar bell bajta rehta but not one of them is of use, he grumbled getting up'.

Let it be Papa, I will go down since I have returned, tomorrow we have the dress rehearsal, I will just ensure the pressman does the costume properly in front of me'.

Deepak smiled'.well staying at home was proving to be difficult, so many small small things to be taken care, how Shushila managed he wondered'.

Just then the bell rang, Deepak leaped from his chair to open the door'.

Tu? As he saw his elder daughter Priya standing in front of him'.

Ma is back? Priya tried to look past him'

Not yet'.Deepak replied'.

Not yet'Priya's face darkened..she is not picking up her phone either'..

Well must be inside her purse somewhere from where she cannot hear'or does not find...and she does not know how to scan at her miss calls'.Ayesha replied'

Beta she is your mother and not used to mobile shomible these are not meant for us'.

Papa she was Miss Bhubaneshwar, she had achieved something which very few women achieved during those times'.aaj toh at the drop of the hat there is a contest but way back then'Ayesha cribbed, her mother at times was very irresponsible

Deepak Deepak why is the front door open, you know the watchman is on leave and you should be very careful these days, Shushila entered beaming'.

Ma'what the heck'where have you been'.Priya exclaimed

Gheee Mom you look as cat got the cream!  Ayesha remarked

Holding her head high Shushila entered with long steps'.Deepak get me a glass of water she went and sat on the sofa raising her legs on the centre table'.

At your service Madam, Deepak replied mockingly then turning to Ayesha he commented now I know from where you have got the acting bug'.

The girls giggled, chalo Ma, enough of dramabaazi, tell us what happened'.

+++++

Edited by tintiny - 12 years ago
maris08 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Nice going Tiny(what ur name pl?) in fact its bang and hitting you st away with crisp narration and dialogues. carry on and update soon.
divan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Holy Cow...Tin...itni jaldi...😆
Pooja_219 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Wow Jayati,a different start of FF👍🏼
 U pointed certain important & intersting facts about today's rich world & that to in such a simple way.
I loved the hubby-wife catfight between Priya's mom & dad😆
I liked Priya's mom or should i say i am impressed with her👍🏼.It really require lots of courage to stand distributing pamphlets when u know all most all will be thown without giving a glance,but still she took that chance.
About Priya,i will wait for the next chapter as i believe this was just an intro,which gives her impression as happy,level-headed & family loving person.But better understanding of her character will be thru next chapters.

Now,i can look forward to this FF everytime i visit this forum😊

Lots of love🤗
Pooja
Edited by preety_219 - 12 years ago
divan thumbnail
  papa and mama...so cute.
-purnima- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
ur FFs are back  ... it will be wondrful as usual 😃😃😃...
waiting for it to progress 😃😃😃

continue ASAP 😊

Fishfish thumbnail

Formatting grrr

Fishfish thumbnail
Chapter 2

The girls giggled, chalo Ma, enough of dramabaazi, tell us what happened….

+++++

With his glasses on his nose, his fingers worked fast on the key board of his laptop…peering in the screen he frowned as he read what he had typed and then pressed the 'send' button…then he opened the next mail to read when he heard a clearing of throat….

Who dares to disturb him, raising his head he saw his mother standing…..

Ma…what brings you here!!  He exclaimed….

Ram!  Can't you guess….

Ram looked blankly at his mother…

Ram your sister is getting married…today is the sangeet and you are still sitting here….

Ram you are the elder brother…you should be standing at the gate and welcoming the guests…I did tell you in the morning…

Oh yes you did…I am sorry Ma, it slipped from my mind….

Yes that is why I have come to take you, knowing you I know what to expect….Shankar….Deepa called out….

Ji Madam ji….Shankar her faithful 'man Friday' entered carrying a bag….

Ram here is your dress, leave that jacket there, now change into this….Deepa sat on the sofa picking up a magazine….

Ram put back his jacket on the back of his chair,  taking off his reading glasses, he rubbed his forehead, before taking the bag and walking into the attached toilet to change….thinking about the things he should have addressed before calling it a day…

++++++

Priya glanced at her watch, her mother was taking too much time to get dressed….Kya hai Ma, it is not my wedding, chalo jaldi karo, she shouted….

Bus ati hu ati hu, Priya glanced at her father, who gave a feeble smile, from the time her mother has returned from the club, she was in another plane, somewhat floating in the air, Priya understood, for having been married for 35 years raising children she finally got to do something of her own, even got recognized as former Miss Bhubaneshwar!!  No wonder she was delighted, even more when her friend Deepa invited them to her daughter's Sangeet….bring your daughter, she had said, I will introduce her to some of my friends and relatives, I am sure she will be able to convince them, I will be of course there….

In a Sangeet?  Priya had frowned not willing to go…but then Shushila insisted saying that even she too were hesitant only Deepa insisted, it is difficult to get so many people under one roof so you better come….my old friend and I could not say no, Shushila curled her lips….

The bedroom door opened, Shushila walked out wearing a grey and pink sari, with an antique silver jewelry set, looking very elegant and dignified, she gave a glance towards her husband who nodded his head wee bit…just to give his approval, Shushila's eyes fell on Priya and she frowned…

You will wear this and go?  She exclaimed…

Priya looked at her kurti and narrow pants…well Ma it is not my wedding and I am going there for a professional reason, I think I am enough dressed for the occasion…

Shushila glanced at Deepak looking a bit nervous, Deepak quickly said, theek hi toh hai Shush, she should look professional and you are dressed for the occasion is good enough, chalo nikalte hai, Ayesha's show will start and I should be in the hall before the lights go off…

Comeon Ma, we also have to drop Papa….

++++++ 

The employees kept their heads bowed in their cubicle looking busy working as their master walked out with his mother to attend his sister's sangeet.  Dress traditionally he was looking very different from his normal formal self, the girls watched him as much as they could through the corner of their eyes, such an eligible man they thought only that he is not the marrying kind.

Ram Kapoor was one of the emerging businessman rising in the Indian horizon very fast.  He was thorough professional, ruthless with a very sharp business brain.  He could apprehend many things from before and always positioned himself in the market in such a way that he was always prepared when the boom happened.  He was also a big player in the Share Market, people said even by following him you could make a few lakhs of profit.  Ram lived in Mumbai with his mother and two younger siblings, at 40 he was yet to be married, counted amongst the most eligible bachelors of India and his lady friends who knew him, Ram is damn good businessman but is not marrying kind as he is married to his business.

+++++++

Priya handed over the invitation card to the security at the gate'they checked the name and asked who was Shushila Choudhury, Priya showed her mother and gave her identification also, with the latest bomb incidents, the rich and famous have installed all possible security measures'

Madam kindly handover the keys of your car at the parking valet and take a token, please go this way, the security guard announced politely'

Nodding her head Priya changed the gear and drove towards the portico'

Bapre I never knew Deepa was so rich'her mother muttered'.

No wonder they are doing the 'Sangeet' at home, sabko dikhane ka mauka jo milega apna ghar, bloody show offs'Priya frowned seeing the row of cars already filling the pathway'her mother was told it was a small and exclusive affair, it seems by small and exclusive they mean the whole city has been invited.

++++++++

Bade  achchhe lagte hain ye dharti ye nadiyaa ye rainaaaur? aur tum    

Un-bottoning the top button of his sherwani, making himself comfortable  Ram stood watching his sister, Rumna coyly accepting a rose from the boy who was enacting the song, the words were simple and it was a wonderful song, after many many years Ram hearing it when his eyes caught a woman entering the door with a girl dressed a bit too casually for the occasion'who is this his eyes narrowed, no it was not a girl but a lady to be more precise, he stared at her, unconsciously he did not realize his action.
 +++++++ 

Shushila grabbed her hand, Priya turned to her mother, what is it Ma'. I wish your father was with us, she whispered' 
Kyu kya ho giya'.. 

I have never entered such a house before, if he was with us, I would have got a little more confidence'. 

Come on Ma chill, we are not beggars on the street'aur toh aur remember you have addressed them before, that time you were alone,'. 

Shushila swallowed hard, Priya observed her, something is bugging her mother definitely she was sure now, infact when her father, Deepak got down at the theatre today a little while ago, Shushila was giving him stares even said, aap agar chalte toh achha hota Well Shush Priya is with you and today is Ayesha's opening night of the new play, we have never missed her opening nights before so I go and watch the play and you take Priya'remember we are parents to two accomplished girls, he had patted his wife before getting down from the car. Shushila had no complaints as such, Deepak did reasonably well in life, he earned good salary that they could afford to buy a decent size flat in Mumbai in one of its upmarket areas'Shushila was a good housewife , ensured  she did not spend her husband's hard earned money carelessly, she ran the house on a budget, did a lot of work herself,  taught the girls to be self sufficient at an early age, when Priya got a job, they did have lunch at a 5 star hotel with her salary but as a mother she gave a lecture on having enough savings.  Ayesha 10 years younger than Priya was the kid of the house, in the final year of her university, Ayesha was also an amateur theatre artist, she had plans of taking up acting professionally  but once she finishes her studies, the Choudhury's being progressive minded people always encouraged their daughters,  infact when Priya left her booming career she had full support from her parents though Shushila was nervous but then Deepak had said now that Priya is experienced she can get a job whenever she wants to go back'.. 

Oh Shushila, you have made it, Deepa exclaimed'. 

Here is my daughter Deepa'meet Priya'Shushila introduced'.. Just as beautiful as the photo, Deepa exclaimed'.

Photo? Priya frowned Shushila suddenly looked flustered while Deepa stammered'errr actually beta we met after such a long time and you know old hags like us,  all our discussions lead to our  husbands and kids, baatoh baatoh mai your mother realized she had one of your photographs 'so she showed it to me'. 

Priya smiled, Deepa sounded very genuine'. Come Priya let me introduce you around, since my husband is no longer around, god rest his soul in peace, meet my younger son, I can see him going around holding the 'pallu ' of his wife'.Nilesh, come here beta, you too Eva'Meet Priya, her mother Shushila, remember the beauty pageant I took part, well Shushila won it, Priya runs a NGO for the chawl children'.

while they gave a bored look with a forced smile, Priya cursed this was definitely not the place to do campaign but then her mother was too overwhelmed to see her old friend, after a few awkward pauses, they move on to the next person'. 

Oh yes Mrs Kapoor, we did hear about her, see I am not carrying anything now but Priya do load my no. in your mobile and give me a call' Priya already knew the outcome, these people will keep her hanging for sometime and then avoid her, nevertheless as she noted down the nos' 

Areh beta Ram, I have been looking for you beta, didn't I tell you about my old friend Shushila' 

Shushila?  Priya heard an absent minded voice asking'. Ha beta'.. When did you tell me Ma? 

Never mind, Shushila and her daughter is here collecting donations for the NGO she runs, come on Ram promise a good sum for her'. 

Ma this is shaadi bari, now stop bringing in such people, we do need our privacy to celebrate'.kal pata chala it becomes a big news Ram Kapoor spends so and so much for his sister's wedding'.Ram growled undertone 

Hello Mr Kapoor, how do you do?  A polite but firm voice greeted him from behind'.. 

Ram whipped around to see that girl holding out her hand' 

Bade  achchhe lagte hain ye dharti ye nadiyaa ye rainaaaur? aur tum)

+++++++++
divan thumbnail
😊  Chalo first eye to eye contact to hogaya...now how big is purse string...does it matches his heart?
Edited by divan - 12 years ago
shamma92 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
thank you!! can't wait for the next part! 😊