TOI: Trouble in Pari-dise

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago

Trouble in pari-dise?

TNN | May 5, 2011, 12.00am IST

Kids this summer will have double the fun and entertainment on the magical comedy show " Gili Gili Gappa", as the only fairy played by Shweta Gulati will now have company in another pari named Simran.

The character will be essayed by Preeti Ameen aka Surilee of " Lapataganj". According to the track the mother pari has to leave the house to appear for her exams. Worried about her kids, she will request Simran to take care of the house. With the mother fairy trusting her aide, Simran is expected to be an expert at her job but then that's not the case. She makes innumerable errors while performing tricks. Her takiya kalaam is "Just like that" and this is what makes her act hilarious and enjoyable for kids.

Says Amin aka Simran, "I am playing the role of Simran who thinks she knows magic and her job quite well. But in reality she knows nothing. And this is what makes my character funny. Kids will love this pari as she will make them laugh. Just like my on-screen character, I absolutely adore kids in real life as well.

When I am with them I too become a child. Even on the sets of "Gili Gili Gappa", I play with Sonu, Shelly and Sweety. When we aren't shooting or rehearsing for shot, we are either playing a game of cards, cricket or just playing pranks on the rest of the cast and crew. The kids and I get along with each other really well."

Posted: 12 years ago
Oh god...I wish shweta come back soon...I love her...