•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
Hey guys,

I'm writing a story on cyber bullying and how its affects today's teenager. I was wondering if anyone had stories about themselves or anyone they know that got cyber bullied and would like to share it?

Also, do you think there is a huge difference between bullying and cyber bullying? Which one is more effective? And how can we manage cyber bullying?

I look forward to hearing all of your responses.
Cyber Bullying is not frequent but disagreements and little skirmishes do happen.
Problems arise due to differences in opinion n mental outlook.
Differences are bound to arise due to personality and preferences. But issues should be resolved amicably.
MODs are always around to sort them out.

I've been object to cyber-stalking in my preteens, I realize twas a wrong time to come to terms with the internet. Alright, so cyber-bullying? I have hardly hardly heard of any such issues but it is an interesting issue to write about, if you publish your piece - I'd like to read it as well. 

People tend to get enmeshed in virtue over here, once you saturate - you realize you had hundred better things to be involved in when you were just making 'BFFs' on the internet. And let us just say, one of the BFFs happens to be the bully you are talking about. This place is dangerously interesting,  so anyhow - everybody's here! You get the drift?
Sometimes I feel threatened on IF. :(
u dont need stories from others...u just give a round in the IF...u will find a bunch of them...not a joke...this happens...mods do close the threads..but most of the times only after things cross the extremes

Originally posted by Summer3

Cyber Bullying is not frequent but disagreements and little skirmishes do happen.
Problems arise due to differences in opinion n mental outlook.
Differences are bound to arise due to personality and preferences. But issues should be resolved amicably.
MODs are always around to sort them out.

would you term minor skirmishes and disagreements as bullying?
I thought cyber bullying was something much more serious. There were reports of some kids being driven to suicide because of the bullying.
Originally posted by -Kanky-

I've been object to cyber-stalking in my preteens, I realize twas a wrong time to come to terms with the internet. Alright, so cyber-bullying? I have hardly hardly heard of any such issues but it is an interesting issue to write about, if you publish your piece - I'd like to read it as well. 

People tend to get enmeshed in virtue over here, once you saturate - you realize you had hundred better things to be involved in when you were just making 'BFFs' on the internet. And let us just say, one of the BFFs happens to be the bully you are talking about. This place is dangerously interesting,  so anyhow - everybody's here! You get the drift?

I think you are right!
Originally posted by zorrro

would you term minor skirmishes and disagreements as bullying?
I thought cyber bullying was something much more serious. There were reports of some kids being driven to suicide because of the bullying.
Well frankly suicides are often due to persons falling in love with Cyber characters.
Here in the cyber world if we do not alike any person we can just ignore them or hop on to another thread or section or even change name and identity etc. Also complaints can be made to the MODs.
There are some Forums where no MODs are available to regulate matters and that is where problems can arise.
Originally posted by Summer3

Well frankly suicides are often due to persons falling in love with Cyber characters.
Here in the cyber world if we do not alike any person we can just ignore them or hop on to another thread or section or even change name and identity etc. Also complaints can be made to the MODs.
There are some Forums where no MODs are available to regulate matters and that is where problems can arise.
can people fall in love with cyber characters 😲 You got to be kidding right 😆
I think suicide is when they get teased mercilessly by other members who gang up against someone.
Originally posted by qazplm

Hey guys,

I'm writing a story on cyber bullying and how its affects today's teenager. I was wondering if anyone had stories about themselves or anyone they know that got cyber bullied and would like to share it?

Also, do you think there is a huge difference between bullying and cyber bullying? Which one is more effective? And how can we manage cyber bullying?

I look forward to hearing all of your responses.

The major difference between bullying and cyber bullying is where one is physical vs the other is mental. The majority of bulling takes place at an younger age.  This anonymity magnifies the problem tenfold as kids see themselves as untouchable and un-punishable when no one has a way of knowing where the bullying is coming from.

Parents need to be involved in teaching their children both that bullying (whether in person or through cyber ) is wrong and that if someone is bullying them, that they need to tell someone they trust about the abuse. Parents needs to take active part in the kids life. They need to teach their kids to make wise decisions regarding what personal information they decide to post online. Basically it's everyone's responsibility to protect the children and to allow them to feel safe both at school or Internet.

--Courage is fire, and bullying is smoke. Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself!

Edited by night13 - 12 years ago