Runjhun's Place - The Kitchen pg2

Posted: 12 years ago
Typical!πŸ˜†

Get thee to the kitchen, woman.πŸ˜†

"We don't need your opinion.  Do what you know how to do best.
Make adarak wali chai and pakoras
Saag Paaneer and parathas.
Puri and Kheer"

I found the parts where Runjhun tries to give her opinion on the matters of communication, and is told by two males to go to her place and do what she knows best. 

(When Virginia Woolf said a woman needs a room of her own, I doubt she meant the kitchen)

Chalo, in today's Indian serial ka zamana mein A woman's "room" is the kitchen.  How typical is this thought even in today's time.   

Well, there is one good thing about the kitchen being our place, at least we won't go hungry. 
We'll make samosas, pani puris, dosas, chai, puris, parathas, kheer, pakoras, etc.  

Edited by EcliPSe_2010 - 12 years ago
LOL though when Diamond said it...Guddu didn't seem to like it. Also Runjhun is much more educated than Guddu and in most ways smarter than Diamond too...so it was truly hilarious for both of them to tell her so...considering she might not have experience but she does have more learning than the two...

Kitchen is where the food is and the food is the way to the heart...so maybe kitchen is a good place anyways...LOL
Give a man a good meal and he eats out of your hand...  πŸ˜†
Wafah, Gardes
Yes, I think Kitchen is the best place at least we will be near the smell of the spices enticing our senses invigorating our imaginations; the warm, comforting smell of fresh baked rotis, the textures and colors of fresh vegetables to slice and chop, at least we will be surrounded by things that can inspire us.  
Wafah, R being smart still is told by a guy like Diamond to do what she knows best, go cook food.  Meanwhile, his mother never cooks food for them, its always been R who has taken that responsibility, seems like she had no choice.  It was sad to see when Diamond questioned her if she has even given an interview-well his mother and the rest of those Evil women made sure she stayed in the kitchen.  

On another note:
the dishes thus far in the series all sound delicious.  

Originally posted by gardes

Give a man a good meal and he eats out of your hand...  πŸ˜†

Thats experience talking .. Gardes ????? πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ ... 

PS: I agree ... and yes... it IS experience !!! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
Originally posted by rusha4003

Thats experience talking .. Gardes ????? πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ ... 

PS: I agree ... and yes... it IS experience !!! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

LOL the Knowing & Experienced Ammajis of the Forum (where's Fifi? I'm sure she'd like to add her experience too)...I kid I kid...before I get beaten up...
Edited by Wafah - 12 years ago
Originally posted by Wafah

LOL the Knowing & Experienced Ammajis of the Forum (where's Fifi? I'm sure she'd like to add her experience too)...I kid I kid...before I get beaten up...

Amma Jis?  AMMA Jis??  AMMA JIs???  😑😑🀒🀒

Usha, these whippersnappers of the forum are starting to call us Amma Jis?  Do you BELIEVE this?  I am SHOCKED...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by gardes - 12 years ago
I have a feeling that attitude is going to change for Guddu, she is going to impress Guddu so much one of these days that he will realize that she is not a kitchen only person. Not that Kicthen is not a good place to be πŸ˜‰ but who says you cant be in the kitchen and in the board room with the same effeciency - that way we are superior to the "men" species🀣 Edited by Rach1 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by gardes

Amma Jis?  AMMA Jis??  AMMA JIs???  🀒

Usha, these whippersnappers of the forum are starting to call us Amma Jis?  Do you BELIEVE this?  I am SHOCKED...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

😲 ... I am shocked tooo ... !!!! ... Ammajis indeed !!!!! 

Blasphemy  ... Sacrilege ... πŸ˜’

Wafaaah ... you just wait !!!!!!!   ... we'll get back at you ... !!!! πŸ˜³

*get into a huddle with Gardes ... and Fifi ... and anyone else who wishes to join ... plotting ...planning * ... 

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

*holds ears* I'm sorry...I was just teasing...

*Runs away and hides*

Edited by Wafah - 12 years ago