Mythological Masti

|| Mythological Masti :: Doubts & Discussions || - Page 2

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
All members are invited to make their daily observations and  discussions about any questions they might have about different characters and events in Hindu mythology in this thread.

Many of us may have doubts on Hindu mythology or may get doubts as we learn more.  Instead of spawning several threads to discuss those, we can discuss it here. However, if a question is a pretty major one, like 'Why did Krishna choose not to be a combatant in the Mahabharat war despite being an unmatched warrior', or 'Does Shiva's marriage to Parvati after Sati's demise imply that re-marriage is okay', such topics would deserve their own threads.  But questions like 'Why is Indra the ruler of the Devas despite Surya being the eldest son of Aditi' or 'How did Ashwathama & Kripacharya become immortal' do belong here.  (Note that these are just examples used here for illustration purposes)

Note that we have in the past done this pretty exhaustively in the Ramayan, in these 3 threads

Ramayan Daily Discussion thread

Doubts & Discussions from the Ramayan - I
Doubts and Discussions from the Ramayan II

If the question you have is from the Ramayan, you're still welcome to discuss it here, but chances are that it's already been addressed there, so if possible, do take a look there b4 repeating that same question here.

One thing to note - in Hindu literature, there are diverse texts that often have contradictory and conflicting accounts of the same events.  For instance, in Valmiki Ramayan, there is no mention of any Lakshman rekha, but in Tulsidas Ramcharitra Manas, there is.  So while discussing these, we prefer that one just states the source for any account that you are giving - whether it's the original texts themselves, something written by C Rajagopalacharya or even the Amar Chitra Katha that you may have lying around.  But please do not weigh in on whether you think version X is more authentic or accurate than version Y, even though it may well be.  We hope that the discussions remain objective and healthy and that forum rules are abided by when making posts of your viewpoints.

This will always remain in the Forum Announcements section so that you are free to keep coming back to this thread at any time to make your ideas heard.  Hope to see lots of interesting and engaging thoughts and deliberations.

Enjoy Discussing!

Thanks !!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vishakha_Sakhi thumbnail
Thank you so much for making this thread Vrish! 🤗 I will definitely be back to participate after going over the previous links you shared. 😃
pakhara thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Nice thread! We really do need this as we have frequent such discussions!👍🏼
...PARiNA... thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
ooops just noticed this thread .. im so lost ...!! :P

i hv a doubt / question about MB .. will ask soon
...PARiNA... thumbnail
ohh forgot to thank u for this thread :P

there are 3-4 questions asked in first post ...
can anyone or u like to answer me in brief (or detail ) if like to ...

Dpka1415 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
|| QUERY ||

hey frnds!
Since we dont have a current discussion going on here...i thought to post a quick query of mine...which i wanted to clarify...
This is more out of curiosity actually...i have manyatimes heard that Hanuman ji is to be worshipped only by the male devotees and not females...is it correct???
Though i have not seen this in my nearby temple as on every tuesday i see women along with men who are praying to Hanumanji...reading Shree Hanuman Chaalisa and some devotees contributing the sindoori chola for the Lord...but i have heard a few people saying that this is not correct as Hanuman ji is a Brahmachaari so lady devotees should not worship him...but is it actually so?
As on personal front. ...I myself worship Hanuman ji...and believe me this is my personal experience whenever i pray to him or whenever i m in a trouble and recall Shree Hanuman Chaalisa in my mind...everything falls into place...i have a firm belief in what Shree Ram had said to Hanuman ji during his Mahaprayaan...that Hanuman you will stay on this earth till the eternity and will look after the people and bless them...   
I just wanted to confirm if there is something like this mentioned anywhere in our mythology that women are not allowed to worship him? I know in India there are uncountable myths too. .. So do lemme know your views too..   
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: ...PARiNA...

ohh forgot to thank u for this thread :P

there are 3-4 questions asked in first post ...
can anyone or u like to answer me in brief (or detail ) if like to ...

For the first 2 questions, open new threads, since they are major topics.  But the latter 2 can be answered here.  I myself don't know the answers to any of these, which is why I posted them 😆
Edited by _Vrish_ - 12 years ago
...PARiNA... thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Dpka1415

|| QUERY ||

hey frnds!
Since we dont have a current discussion going on here...i thought to post a quick query of mine...which i wanted to clarify...
This is more out of curiosity actually...i have manyatimes heard that Hanuman ji is to be worshipped only by the male devotees and not females...is it correct???
Though i have not seen this in my nearby temple as on every tuesday i see women along with men who are praying to Hanumanji...reading Shree Hanuman Chaalisa and some devotees contributing the sindoori chola for the Lord...but i have heard a few people saying that this is not correct as Hanuman ji is a Brahmachaari so lady devotees should not worship him...but is it actually so?
As on personal front. ...I myself worship Hanuman ji...and believe me this is my personal experience whenever i pray to him or whenever i m in a trouble and recall Shree Hanuman Chaalisa in my mind...everything falls into place...i have a firm belief in what Shree Ram had said to Hanuman ji during his Mahaprayaan...that Hanuman you will stay on this earth till the eternity and will look after the people and bless them...   
I just wanted to confirm if there is something like this mentioned anywhere in our mythology that women are not allowed to worship him? I know in India there are uncountable myths too. .. So do lemme know your views too..   

Same ...
RESERVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!

will be back and edit my reply soon ...
and sweets mytho doubts and discussions thread has been opened by vrish ... check it out

Edited by ...PARiNA... - 12 years ago
jaisiyaram thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Dpka1415

|| QUERY ||

hey frnds!

There are big temples of Hanuman ji and I have seen tens of hundereds of females.. I don't think there is any kind of restriction for female followers for hanuman ji..

The only reason is Hanumanji was a bal brahamchari and didn't want any female attention or touch.. he gave all his life to shri ram's bhakti .. so that could be the only reason... but yes in hindu religion, marriage can be done in any temple but hanumanji's.. 

visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

QUERY

Can someone please explain to me the story of Parshuram in brief? The only information I have is that he was the son of Jamadagni and Renuka. His father was murdered by some Kshatriyas and he swore to destroy all the Kshatriyas on this planet. I read this in the Amar Chitra Katha - Dasha Avtar long ago.

But I have heard something about he beheading his own mother. Is this true?

Also when he appeared in Ramayan at Sita's Swayamvar, he hardly looked like an avtar of Lord Vishnu. Somehow I am unable to see any kind of divinity in Parshuram, unlike Lord Rama or Krishna.

Thanks for your answers in advance.