Remembering the Lord:Good Friday/Easter Wishes... - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago

He showed us the way
He has long been gone
And yet in our hearts
His name shines on.

Dear Friends, like every year, Good Friday has come and we are remembering the Sacrifice, the Compassion and the Mercy of the Lord.

Good Friday

(Source:-

When is Good Friday?

Good Friday is the Friday of Holy Week, the Friday before Easter Sunday.

Why is it called Good Friday?

It is thought that the name Good Friday is an altered form of God's Friday. Some people say that Good Friday is the most appropriate name for the day as it shows God's goodness to sinful people as it opened up the way to God for mankind.

What does Good Friday remember?

Good Friday was the day when Jesus stood trial before the Priests and later a Roman Governor called Pilate. Although Pilate could not find any wrong in Jesus, He was still sentenced to death by crucifixion. Later that day after having been beaten and mocked Jesus was crucified. He died in the afternoon. His body was taken from the cross and put into a guarded tomb.

The story of Good Friday is found in The Bible, Matthew chapters 26 - 27, Mark chapters 14 - 15, Luke chapters 22 - 23 and John chapters 18 - 19.

(Source:-

Good Friday

What do Christians believe is special about Good Friday?

Good Friday is a day when Christians remember in a special way what Jesus did for them. It is the day that Christians remember God allowing Jesus, his perfect son, to take the world's sin onto Himself and take the punishment for it by being crucified. This meant that Jesus was then separated from God because God cannot keep company with sin. However, this is not the end of the story as on Easter Day Jesus rose from death proving that God had overcome sin and death

Christians believe that when Jesus died He took the punishment for all of their individual sins. This means that Christians are acceptable to God because they can be forgiven and so God can keep company with them. Christians believe that they will spend their time after their death in God's company, in Heaven..

How is Good Friday celebrated?

Good Friday is a time of sadness and thankfulness. Some Christians will fast on Good Friday. This could mean missing one or more meals or avoiding some kinds of foods. This helps them remember the sacrifice Jesus made for them on the day of crucifixion. It is a special time of asking for forgiveness.

Many churches will hold a special service on Good Friday. This may be a communion service in the evening or a time of prayer during the day, especially around 3 o'clock as that is about the time of day when Jesus died. Some people will join processions around towns where the story of Jesus' journey to the cross is acted out or read. In some churches pictures and statues are covered over and there will be no flowers or any other decoration. The Priest will wear black. It is seen as a time of mourning.

In many towns and cities there will be three crosses put on a high point on its outskirts as a reminder of Jesus' crucifixion between two criminals.

And after that we have Easter:

The spirit of Easter is all about Hope, Love and Joyful living. 

(Source- Wikipedia:)

The New Testament accounts of the resurrection and ascension of Jesus, state that the first day of the week after the crucifixion (typically interpreted as a Sunday), his followers encounter him risen from the dead, after his tomb is discovered to be empty. The resurrected Jesus appears to them that day and a number of times thereafter, delivers sermons and commissions them, before ascending to Heaven. Two of the Canonical gospels (Luke and Mark) include a brief mention of the Ascension, but the main references to it are elsewhere in the New Testament.

Just loved this comment on Jesus Christ made by a member under a video in YouTube and thought to share it with you all:

"Greatest man in history, named Jesus, had no servants, yet they called him Master. Had no degree, yet they called him Teacher. Had no medicines, yet they called him Healer. He had no army, yet kings feared Him. He won no military battles, yet he conquered the world. He committed no crime, yet they crucified Him. He was buried in a tomb, yet He lives today."

Some related links:

7 Last Words of Jesus

What is Good Friday?

What is Good Friday?

From Wikipedia:-

Good Friday

About Easter:

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ABOUT EASTER (Detailed)

Good Friday and Easter

Now links of some movies on Jesus:

The Nativity Story 1/10

Jesus of Nazareth - Pt 1/28 (Full Movie)

(another link of the same movie)

Jesus of Nazareth Movie (1977) part 1 of 41

The Life of Jesus, Part 1

The Passion of the Christ Part 1 {English Subtitles}

On this auspicious day, wishing you all that:

May His light guide your path...
May his love grace your heart...
And may His scarifice strengthen 
Your Soul on this Holy Day and Always.

And also wishing you all Happy Easter:

"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me shall never die"
As the season of Resurrection comes,
May the miracle of Easter fill you heart with joy!

(Making a thread for the first time here in IF 😊, Thanks Janu and Lola for the Encouragement 🤗 🤗 )

and

Thanks Debi for this Thread
I saw the movie "The Passion of the Christ"
but forgot the name .. found in ur list thanks
it was the movie I Loved and scared to watch , yes scared the way it was all shown , i cried like anything
we ppl says we hv probs in life ... and always say to God Why ME ??
when it can happenn to Lord then Who Are We to ask such a question ?

and that youtube comment is awesome... 
so true , there are things we know but dont realize !

I'll Share That!!

one by me , just a simple one
God Bless U All

Edited by ...PARiNA... - 12 years ago

I wish you all a blessed and happy Easter weekend! 🤗 🤗 🤗

D, you did a wonderful job with the thread! 👏 👏 Thank you so much sis!🤗
HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So how did everybody celebrate their Easter? I celebrated mine with exchanging chocolate bunnies with my friends and easter eggs as well. 😆 Really felt like a little kid again. Loved it.

And here's a little song. Actually, it's kind of long, but still, just love to hear it over and over again, and I manage to shed a tear each time. My friends in choir sang it, and I just fell in love with it. Listen if you have the time, guys.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBALcN701NU[/YOUTUBE]

@ Pari, Oh yes, I also feel sad and cry a lot while watching 'Passion of Christ', It shows us HOW MUCH He has suffered and still prayed for those who insulted Him... Just shows us how Great the Lord is, how Merciful! ⭐️

Oh yes, Definitely share the quote, very nice words and So true!

I LOVED your Creation Dear! So Divine! ⭐️ ⭐️

@ Vedo, Love you Dear 🤗 I just love that quotation! ⭐️ Lots of Wishes for you! 🤗

@ Aishu, Loved the song Dear!I It is Soo Sweet! ⭐️  So Blissful!! ⭐️  I Felt the words while listening to it. I have ALWAYS Loved the way Jesus calls all of us - 'Come to me'- I feel Sooo Emotional attchement with these words from my childhood... The video is very nice! I Loved all the paintings!

Have a Blessed weekend Dear Sis! 🤗
Thank you sooo much for this beautiful thread di, you compiled so much valuable information for us and sooo many touching vid links... I particularly love The Nativity Story, it gives me the same warm happy feeling I get from our mytho serials! And all those deep truths you expounded about the meaning behind the crucifixion... beautiful 😭 Same with your post Pari, very very well said and highlighted by the pics in the sig 👏 In those last moments, Jesus perfectly exemplified the state of compassionate detachment that so much of Hindu philosophy holds as ideal - detached towards one's own body, compassionate towards other souls. The pain and torture of his body did not concern him, instead he says "forgive them Father, for they know not what they do" out of pity for his tormentors' souls. Amazing. God bless everyone on this occasion, and thank you guys for all the wonderful posts so far.
I wish all a very Happy Easter weekend.  God Bless everyone.

Originally posted by lola610

In those last moments, Jesus perfectly exemplified the state of compassionate detachment that so much of Hindu philosophy holds as ideal - detached towards one's own body, compassionate towards other souls. The pain and torture of his body did not concern him, instead he says "forgive them Father, for they know not what they do" out of pity for his tormentors' souls.

L, I love that quote and it always makes me so emotional! 😭 😭 😭 Beautiful thoughts and I completely agree with you!  He was crucified by the non devotees, but he sacrificed his life for spreading God consciousness. Jesus' teachings emphasize love and peace just like that of Hindu philosophy!

Thanks Shruti for making it global !
Wish u all a blessed Good Friday... n praying to Lord make everyone's Life successful...

Edited by RADEV1000 - 12 years ago