Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 13 years ago

'Performing stunts is not dance' - Shiamak Davar

Shiamak Davar is undoubtedly one of the best dancers that India has seen. He has successfully created his genre of dance and has uniquely defined it in his own way.

The Master is now back on television to judge Zee TV's latest show Dance Ke Superstars.

Shiamak had a small chat with Telly Buzz where he shared his expectations from the show.

Have a wonderful read!!!

What made you do the show?
Marzi Pestonji, my Udi Baba is the one reason that I took up the show. He has come out with a lot of good examples on the stage of DID Doubles.  

What exactly is the concept of the show and what do you think is its USP?
All the contestants in the show are superstars who already have a set fan base.  Also Remo will be coming on board with me as a rotating judge and I am really looking forward being with him. This will be a great Jugalbandi with a mix of Lil Masters and Dance India Dance Champions.

Are you aware of the strengths and weaknesses of Season one and Season two contestants of DID?
Yes of course I am aware, but simultaneously I cannot judge them on that basis because it has been a long time since they competed in their respective seasons.  All have come a long way today, and they definitely must have improved.

What are you looking forward from the show?
Talent, talent and talent.

Will you miss Mithun Da in the show?
Oh My God, of course I will miss him because he is the soul of the show, but at the same time this show is a different one.

You are going to be the Grand Master of Marzi, how do you feel?
Marzi is a great guy and I love him. It feels really great.

Your students recently won DID Doubles, did you expect it?
Frankly speaking, I had expected them to win but ultimately it is votes that count the most and the decision can flip anytime unexpectedly.

You have judged DPL which vaguely resembles Dance Ke Superstars; do you feel yourself repeated?
Not at all because the show is different and the format is also very unique.

Dance has changed a lot over the course of time; how do you feel?
I feel really blessed that dance has evolved over the years and developed so much that people have started accepting it. There are times that even the film industry does not accept the way you perform, but the situation is a lot better now.

If there is something that you do not like to be showcased in this show what would that be?
They perform dance because I do not want a lot of stunts to be showcased. For me, performing stunts is not dance.

Since you are the only constant judge what do you think are the challenges for you?
This is indeed a different role that I am playing and very difficult as well because you have to be vigilant on what is going on.

Reporter and Author: Saranya Valsarajan   

.Tanya. thumbnail

Vandana Joshi has a tough time dancing after a break...

Vandana Joshi has a tough time dancing after a break...

Vandana Joshi has a tough time rehearsing for dance after a long break and following her illness...

Vandana Joshi is all geared up to set the stage on fire with Zee TV's Dance Ke Superstars.  But the dancer is having a tough time getting into the groove of moves as she is back to dancing after a long gap and also because of her illness.

When contacted Vandana, she confirmed her presence in the show and says, "Yes I am entering Dancing Ke Superstars with Parvez. After I started shooting for Dil Se Diya Vachan, I hardly got time to dance and, a show like Dance Ke Superstars demands great energy and potential. I really had a tough time with the prolonged rehearsals as I was dancing after a break."

"Also I have been suffering from Stomach infection for the past few days and the doctor had advised me not to dance. But I wanted to be part of the show very badly and hence gave a good performance. Though I got good comments from the mentors, I know that the 'wow' factor was missing. But next time I will definitely give my best", she adds.

We wish Vandana all the very best.

Reporter and Author: Ranjini Nair
--------------------------
.Tanya. thumbnail
Zee TV presents 'Dance ke Superstars'

8th April 2011, Mumbai: An entire nation's pulse raced as Dharmesh Sir stopped heartbeats  with his dance moves on television last year. An entire nation watched with dropped jaws as Mayuresh enthralled with his mastery over Malkhamb. An entire nation swooned as Jay Kumar Nair brought the art of Kama Sutra alive with his grace and dexterity. An entire nation held their breath as Shakti caressed the air with her aerial acts. And a benchmark was set for excellence in dance that left all of India breathless and begging for more!

Get set television audiences and brace yourselves for yet another spectacular offering from India's biggest media conglomerate Zee TV. Called 'Dance ke Superstars' this innovative dance format will see the champions of DID Season 1 and Season 2 put their best foot forward against each other. The show will have all your favorite contestants - Shakti, Dharmesh, Siddhesh, Alisha, Vrushali, Mayuresh and a host of others - who will outshine each other in a format that is sure to get all hooked. The five week contest titled Dance ke Superstars launches on 15 April 2011 and will air every Friday & Saturday at 9 30 pm. 

Zee TV's new dance format will give viewers a chance to witness who amongst all has the mettle to covet the title of a Dancing Superstar. As per the format, there are 2 teams - Jalwa and Josh. They consist of 10 contestants each and the 'Dance ke Baap's' from DID L'il Masters lead the teams as captains. The Jalwa team will have contestants from DID Season 1 -Mayuresh, Siddhesh, Paulson, Vrushali, Alishah, Khushboo, Prince, Jai and they will be captained by L'il Atul and Avneet. Similarly, the Josh team will have contestants from DID Season 2 - Shakti, Dharmesh, Binny, Punit, Kishore, Kruti, Amrita and Amar and are led by Jeetumoni and Vaishnavi as Captains.  

The channel has roped in the God of Dance - Shiamak Davar to judge these extremely skillful dancers. Dancer-choreographer-entrepreneur-philanthropist, Shiamak is India's most successful choreographer and has invented Bollywood dance as we know it. He introduced his own style of dancing that incorporates soft jazz influences, vibrant Kathak moves and a bit of contemporary fun in Mumbai 30 years ago.

Speaking on the launch, Mr. Ashish Golwalkar , Non Fiction Head Zee TV, "While Season 1 proved to be a path breaking show for all aspiring dancers , the uncontainable excitement was more palpable in its sequel - Season 2. The chosen 20 contestants selected for Dance ke Superstars have defied every obstacle and won the hearts of not only the audiences but also gathered endless accolades from renowned choreographers and actors from our Industry since their debut on the show. This will be one platform where you will see who is a better dancer- is it Prince or Dharmesh, Shakti or Alishah, Siddhesh or Punit?"

"There could be no other better judge than Shaimak to evaluate the dancing prowess of these ace performers. Shaimak is an institute in dance himself and is considered one of the best choreographer's worldwide. We are happy to associate with him as his presence will give the contestants a new learning that will only help them in their careers," added Mr Golwalkar.

On being a part of Dance Ke Superstars as the Dance Maestro, Shaimak Davar said, 'It's an absolute delight to be a part of this wonderful family called Dance India Dance. And I am extremely honored about the fact they have given me the responsibility of choosing the ultimate Dance ke Superstars. On this platform, one is surrounded by so much energy and talent that I hope I will do justice to the role that I have been given!'

To bring out the best in every contestant and to ease the tension on the floor, the witty Manish Paul has been roped into anchor the show. Every week, one will also see ace dance exponents like Geeta Kapoor, Marzi Pestonji and a host of other Bollywood celebrities on the show. The show is being produced by The Real Picture (TRP).

Watch the fun, the spectacle, the grind, the grandeur, the passion, the frenzy, the camaraderie, the rehearsals, the victories, the disappointments, the razzmatazz and some absolutely mind boggling performances in a  whole new season of dynamic dancing!

Tune-in to watch the Best of the Best in Dance Ke Superstars

on Zee TV, every Fri & Sat at 9:30 pm!
------------------------------------------------------------
-ArohaAngel- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Shiamak Davar excited about DID 
Buzz up!

Shiamak Davar takes charges as a judge of Dance Indian Dance Ke Superstars. Shiamak is quite excited about the show as he will be following Mithunda's footstep and believes he will miss Mithunda a lot from the show.

He has met Mithunda only once,"I met him (Mithun) on DID doubles. He is one of the nicest people I have ever known. He has the quality to impress anyone he meets. I am not his replacement but I am taking the show forward," says Shaimak.

He continues, "Mithunda has discovered these kids because of their talent, they have trained under his guidance. I am just a teacher who will judge them on their skill and talent."

Apart from Shaimak, Geeta Kapoor, Remo D'Souza, Rajeev Surti and his student assistant, Marzi Pestonji, whose team recently won DID Doubles will be seen shuffling the judging panel. So is he amazed to see his student sharing judging table with him, "Pestonji is a bright chap. More than judging the show with me he is happy about assisting me full time. He is a great choreographer."

Catch Dance Indian Dance Ke Superstars today onwards at 9.30.

-Aysha- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

First 'ten on ten' in Dance Ke Superstars

Zee TV's Dance ke Superstars made a great start last week and ended with a tie between Josh and Jalwa. In spite of the dancers giving their hearts to the dance, none of them got their perfect full from the masters.

But this week dancers of team Jalwa will create history…

A little birdie from the sets informs, "This time Ruturaj and Vaishnavi from Jalwa team performed a sublime contemporary style on the track of Pehla Nasha… which was majorly liked by Master Remo Dsouza and Sir Shiamak Davar. As always, when the contestants were waiting for their comments, both the masters broke their best comments for both the dancers."

"Shiamak Davar commented the performance as a Super Cracker while Remo made their day with his much awaited comment, 'That's what I call a performance'", says source.

"Apart from these comments, for the first time both the judges gave ten on ten marks to the performance. With this Vaishanvi and Ruturaj made history scoring the first ever full marks this season", signs off the source.

Besides this eye pleasing performance, Dharmesh too performed on a contemporary style which was out of his regular style and got words of appreciation from both the judges.

Don't forget to watch the mesmerizing performance by Vaishnavi and Ruturaj this week on Zee TV's Dance ke Superstars.....

Reporter and Author: Tejashree Bhopatkar

-Aysha- thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Who brought Remo down to his knees?

Who would have thought that one the maestro of hip hop Remo Dsouza go down to his knees??! (And that too without being at gunpoint!) On this Friday's episode of Dance Ke Superstars, viewers will get to watch exactly that, and mind you, this time it's not for his favorite Dharmesh Sir or Prince Gupta! The contestants who walked away with the honor this time are cute Dance Ke Baap's - Ruturaj and Vaishnavi as they received the grandest salute from the much beloved judge, Remo for their terrific hip hop performance - he went down on his knees and bowed down to the li'l masters of dance in appreciation of their fantastic performance!

Over the last few weeks on the show, these two talented captains of the Jalwa team have received much praise for all their performances from both judges, Remo and Shaimak Davar. The fact that their act was awarded the 'performance of the day' was just the cherry on the cake that they were looking to add in their kitty.

Says the ace choreographer Remo D Souza, "These kids are just phenomenal. If at this age they perform so well, it will be a delight to see them when they grow up! Today's performance took my breath away and I pray that these kids go on to become the best dancers in India "

Whether its  contemporary or hiphop, the sky is the limit for this dynamic duo! Catch this adorable pair give a performance that had all the judges acknowledge in a manner only reserved for the best of the best on this week's episode of Dance Ke Superstars at 9.30 PM, only on Zee TV.

-Aysha- thumbnail

Siddhesh: "I am here only because of Rajeev Surti"

Two seasons of Dance India Dance and the talent on each have become household names. Each of the contestants have had a rags to riches story to tell after they debuted on this prestigious dance platform. Their lives and careers have seen so much success and prosperity that they've become youth icons for millions of dancers all around the world. Among them are Siddhesh and Parvez who are currently battling it out on Zee TV's Dance Ke Superstars for the accolade of being the best dancer! Both also credit choreographer, ace dancer and judge of Dance India Dance, Rajeev Surti for mentoring them and making them accomplished dancers.

It is a little known fact that the very entertaining Siddhesh Pai was discovered while Rajeev had gone to judge a dance competition in the far flung suburb of Vasai. Rajeev recalls his first meeting with Siddesh fondly, "In that entire group, I noticed this one boy in the far corner who had the most entertaining expressions. He just stood out from the rest and as one watched him for a while, one would notice that he had the most fluid and graceful movements that spoke almost as loud as his expressions. It was Siddesh and I'm proud of him at how far he's come in such a short time!" Parvez was similarly introduced to the world of dance courtesy - Rajeev Surti.

Watch Siddhesh and Parvez take to the stage as Rajeev Surti appears as a special judge on this week's episode of Dance Ke Superstars, on Friday and Saturday at 9.30 PM, only on Zee TV.

-Aysha- thumbnail

Chota Dharmesh coming up!

Dharmesh 'Sir' might just have some serious competition in the years to come and that too from the very boy who he once mentored! According to guest judge Geeta Kapur, li'l Ruturaj shows traces of Dharmesh's prowess in his performances.

During this week's episode of Zee TV's Dance Ke Superstars, Dharmesh and Ruturaj once again paired up for a superlative contemporary performance that won them the performance of the day! On seeing them dance together, judge Geeta Kapur commented that she saw a bit of Dharmesh in Ruturaj and with the proper training, Ruturaj could become as good as Dharmesh in years to come!

What a compliment to be compared to the noteworthy Dharmesh! We are sure Ruturaj must be over the moon…Dharmesh watch out!!

Some of the other highlights of the episode that bowled over Geeta Ma included Siddhesh's dedication to  his favourite  master (Geeta Ma ) on the song "main jahan rahoon….".  The way Siddhesh emoted on the act almost left Geeta ma teary eyed and chocked with emotions. Said the expert danseuse, "Dharmesh is my adopted son. I have adopted him from Remo Sir. But Siddhesh will always be my own son and I'll always stand by him…".  Also impressive were Mayuresh's aerial act on a ring, Vrushali and Avneet's lavni act and Prince's innovative MJ act on the song 'dola re dola' from the movie Devdas and these will surely mesmerize the audiences too.

Watch the dynamic duo of Dharmesh and Ruturaj dance the best act on the show this Friday on Dance Ke Superstars on Friday and Saturday at 9.30 PM, only on Zee TV.

-Aysha- thumbnail

Jai Kumar punished!

Success is not easy to handle. Reality show find Jai Kumar Nair currently seen in Dance Ke Superstars, is struggling to keep himself rooted.

He recently misbehaved with the judging trio of Geeta Kapur, Shiamak Davar and Remo D'souza, after being reprimanded for halting his performance mid-way. He claimed that the song played wasn't correct. A source tells us, "Jai and Kunwar Amarjeet were pitched against each other. And Jai was heard shouting to stop playing the track while Amar continued with his performance.

This irked the judges who said that it was his fault and that he should check his song before he takes to the stage. Shiamak being Jai's teacher in real life, reminded him of the basic etiquette that a performer once on stage cannot stop midway come what may. It is believed that Jai apparently had a fallout with Shaimak after which he joined Terence and can also be a reason why the contestant didn't pay much heed to his mentor's advise. The three judges were flabbergasted at Jai's unprofessional behaviour. They still decided to give him a second chance and asked both the contestants to perform. At the end, Aman received full marks. But Jai's last comment turned out to be the final straw.

As when Shaimak told him that he was terribly upset with his behaviour, the young lad replied 'Sir mujhe pata hai aap mujhe kam marks he doge. You want me to lose. Hara do mujhe. I'll quit the show.' After this the fury of the judges knew no bounds. Jai couldn't do anything but cry in front of the judges. We contacted Remo who said, "All these kids get carried away with the success. What they don't know is that they will be remembered for their nature and behaviour. We penalised him by equaling the scores for both the teams." A lesson well taught.