Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani

Should parents protect their kids?

MagicalKash thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Such a fundamental question from Arnab -Madhu. But SO deep. How do you protect your children from a heartbreak. More fundamental , should you?
There are many parents who try to protect their children from all the worldly harm, they do it out of their parental concern, but should they? Or they should let the child learn from his own mistakes.
Most parent especially in the urban society nowhere days are very supportive, caring , concerned.. But is it obbsesive? Can it become a chain , burden for child?
Something done out of so much love, can it become negative?
I have many question regarding this aspect of parent-child relationship. Always had . This may not concern the forum but at the same time concerns it. But then again isn't this show about youth, and as a youth it concerns us.. Doesn't it?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ozzyie thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Nice post and thinking dear !!!!!
MagicalKash thumbnail
Originally posted by: ozzy88

Nice post and thinking dear !!!!!

Thank you. Dont think many liked it though!
amerarafique thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
a good thought.actually it is very difficult for parents to always protect their child.sometimes the protection by the parents bcums interference in personal life for the child.Well ur thinking is right and is a matter to ponder upon.:-)
MagicalKash thumbnail
Originally posted by: amerarafique

a good thought.actually it is very difficult for parents to always protect their child.sometimes the protectionby the parents bcums interference in personal life for the child.Well ur thinking is right and is a matter to ponder upon.:-)

that's exactly what I am saying. It's always greatly appreciated. I appreciate parents concern too and wouldn't exchange it for anything in the world .. But what if it becomes interfering ? What if the over concern leaves us underprotected and vulnerable in later stages of our life!
Thanks for liking the post though! :)
MagicalKash thumbnail
Originally posted by: pari_smart

NICE POST

thank you!
Suneel_kumar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i also liked when arnab said....how can they protect their kids from heartbreak🥺👏
MagicalKash thumbnail
Sheesh..I wanted some honest replies here..Anyways its a fail I get it :(
-Sanjana- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
In my opinion, there's a big difference between protection and overprotection. A mother is the one who has brought the child into the world; it is her duty to protect the child. At the same time, it should not lead to controlling behaviour..there's a fine line between them and I don't think it should be crossed. Nice post btw!
Akankshaa. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
In my opinion, the parents should let the children be. i appreciate my parents' concern in my life but too much and i end up snapping back at them. being a teenager, our life mostly revolves around our friends n such these days, and we like to make decisions, act for ourselves .. and if we end up makin the wrong decision, well, there's always something to learn..which is better than learning & experiencing nothing at all.