Just Dance

~Just Dance Articles Archives~No Comments

.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 13 years ago
Welcome To Articles Archives Section Of Just Dance..

This Thread Will Contain All Articles Related To Just Dance

Comments Are Not Allowed

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Ayushman Khurana to host Just Dance...

Ayushman Khurana to host Just Dance...

The big ticket reality show of Star Plus has got its host in Ayushman Khurana...

Just Dance, the big ticket reality show on Star Plus, as we know will provide a platform for dancers all over the globe to showcase their talent in varying dancing styles!! 

With 'The God of Dance' Hrithik Roshan at the helm along with talented choreographers Farah Khan and Vaibhavi Merchant, the team is presently travelling across the major cities of India for auditions. 

The latest information coming in on the show is that the full-of-life Ayushman Khurana will be the host of the show. 

A little birdie tells us, "There were reports about Akshat Saluja and Mukti Mohan hosting the big reality show. However, it is Ayushman who has been roped in as host now. He has already travelled along with the team to Kolkata and Delhi for auditions". 

The team is gearing up for their big audition in the city of Mumbai tomorrow. This will be followed by a large scale audition in New York and London. 

For the uninitiated, Ayushman Khurana was earlier seen as host of the COLORS' reality show India's Got Talent. 

When contacted, Ayushman confirmed the news to TellyBuzz saying, "Yes, I will be the sole host of Just Dance. This is a huge show that showcases the talent of dancers not only from India, but from abroad too. I am looking forward to hosting it". 

We tried contacting Fazila Allana of SOL Productions, but she remained unavailable for comment. 

Just Dance is slated to go on air post IPL on Star Plus

Reporter and Author: Srividya Rajesh
----------------------------------------------------------

priyapiya thumbnail
Just Dance with Hrithik!
Team Star Plus | Friday, February 18, 2011

Star Plus is all set to set the adrenaline levels of dance lovers soaring – with Just Dance, starring the God of Dance, Hrithik Roshan. Dance will come to life with the grand dance extravaganza, Just Dance, from February 27, 2011, onwards on Star Plus.

Super Star and dancer par excellence Hrithik Roshan will pose a challenge to dancers around the world, as the Just Dance team scours cities in USA and UK, as well as the major metros and multiple cities across India, from February 27. Just Dance promises to be a global platform for dancers who are completely passionate about their art, have a taste for exceptional dancing styles and cannot imagine an existence without it. For the first time ever, contestants will have a rare chance to match steps on an international stage with Hrithik Roshan, while Farah Khan and Vaibhavi Merchant will judge the show.

Commenting on the show, Mr. Anupam Vasudev, EVP Marketing and Communication, Star India said, "Just Dance is not just a reality show – it's a magnificent dance extravaganza that will star the God of Dance himself, along with anyone who has the passion, the determination and above all, the talent and the zeal to compete with him. Hrithik Roshan has glorified dance through his career and has been an icon and an inspiration to many dancers across the globe. Going by the brand promise of nayi soch, STAR Plus through Just Dance will be providing a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for aspirants to have the exceptional experience of sharing the stage with Hrithik himself! We are confident that viewers will appreciate the content! "

Produced by SOL Productions, Just Dance will be shot across thirty episodes. The show will start with auditions, and then proceed through eliminations, as the participants vie to be the apple of Hrithik's eye till the very best come through to the top.

So dancers - Stay tuned to your chance of a lifetime - get ready for a magnificent dance tour with the best of the best trying to woo the God of Dance-Hrithik Roshan!

Team Star Plus
Friday, February 18, 2011
priyapiya thumbnail
Hrithik Roshan charged about Just Dance
Kavita Awaasthi/Hill Road Media | Thursday, February 17, 2011

Known for his complicated moves and mesmerizing dance form, Hrithik Roshan, who makes his foray into television with STAR Plus' brand new reality show Just Dance, doesn't agree that he is God of Dance as he is called on the show. In a candid chat, Hrithik reveals his reasons to choose tv, especially this show and what he expects from this endeavour.

What prompted you to chose Just Dance as your first television appearance?
I was never inclined towards doing television shows but when I was approached with this concept, it connected with me and I came on board. That is the same method I apply when I choose my films projects. One has to identify with something, only then can you be excited about your work. I assure you that Just Dance is a show never been seen before and I am very proud to be associated with No 1 GEC of the country Star Plus, to bring the best talent forward. Along with talented choreographers, masters Farah Khan and Vaibhavi Merchant, we will hunt the best in dance, the ultimate dancing champion from across the globe –India, UK, US.

What will be the judging parameters?
In the show, we will be looking for someone who goes beyond steps, beyond counting- one, two, three, four. They should feel the dance in their soul, in their bones. According to me, competition is the only way, we get other people to push you to excel in life. Competition nurtures innovation, drives passion and Just Dance is a show that takes this energy to a whole new level. I can't wait and am looking forward with bated breath to Just Dance.

Is the concept indigenous or derived from a foreign show?
This is something never done before. I have seen numerous dance shows and was blown away when this concept came to me. The international auditions will begin Feb 27 and the Just Dance team will scout talent in Britain, US, and major cities across India. Just Dance will provide a global platform for dancers not only passionate about their art but enjoy different dancing styles as well.

How does it feel to be called the God of Dance, especially in the promos of Just Dance?
I don't think anyone is God of Dance- especially not me. According to me, dance is an expression. When first time someone would have danced, he must have been happy, jubilant, overwhelmed or perhaps emotionally charged. For me the root of dance is that first expression, that first person who have some emotion inside him that he wanted to express via his body.

Who is your God of dance?
Shammi Kapoor is the God of dance for me, because he went beyond steps, his body just moved to music and he created magic moments. Also, I believe there are gurus of dance who teach you the intricacies, the nuances and I have two wonderfully talented gurus with me on the show. I have been guided and abused by them many times but that helped me hone my dancing skills to this level.

Numerous filmstars are on telly today. Are you nervous, anxious or apprehensive about the TRP war?
Not at all. It is the same way as numerous actors do numerous films. You can't keep worrying or keep tabs on who is doing what. You have to work on yourself, your projects and leave the rest to God.

Reports in the media suggest you are paid Rs 112 crore for Just Dance. Is it true?
I thought I was paid very well but then I heard these speculative reports. Now I feel like renegotiating.

Who is your favourite filmstar on TV? Who do you watch on TV?
I hardly watch TV. But I have seen bits of most celeb reality shows. I look upto all of them. I enjoyed watching
Mr Bachchan the most.

Kavita Awaasthi/Hill Road Media
Thursday, February 17, 2011
priyapiya thumbnail
Best of the best at Mumbai auditions
Kavita Awaasthi /Hill Road Media | Monday, April 11, 2011
The auditions held over two days saw an overload of people from all walks of life.

Thirst, hunger and the hot sweltering summer heat couldn't keep the aspiring dancers away. Just Dance will provide a rare, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for artists to dance in front of the Greek God, especially of Dance - Hrithik Roshan. While most participants were fretting about their performance, hoping they would be able to do their best, many were actually worried about not being able to perform before their God of Dance - Hrithik Roshan. Several youngsters simply dreamt of breathing the same air as Hrithik Roshan, who will judge the show and the best known names in the world of dance choreography -Farah Khan and Vaibhavi Merchant, will be with him on the hot seat!

Thakur College opened its doors to the highly anticipated auditions of Just Dance in Mumbai. Apart from the contestants who had pre-registered themselves through Starplus.in website, a staggering 2,000 hopefuls arrived in the hope of catapulting their talents into the international spotlight.

"Crowds began appearing since early morning. People had been standing in the queue from as early as 4 am," reveals a security guard who had heard every possible excuse for latecomers to barge into the venue.

Minors and underage participants were the biggest problem for the registration staff, who handled the huge deluge of people. They also turned away numerous people who didn't carry their age proof and had to turn a deaf ear to their pleas. "People would forget to bring their age proof and then swear on their mother that they were eligible," says a girl who handled the counter. "Two boys came from Nasik, Maharastra and said they were born in the 1999 born and were 18 years old. That was very amusing. Then there were those who were super excited about being part of the auditions that they would shake hands with everyone."

Just Dance is a coming together of the best of the best dancing talents from across the globe and participants came in all shapes, sizes and clothes. From normal clothes to people in costumes- this audition saw it all.

Some people stood out from the crowd. A guy came wearing three fourths at the auditions. Once in he went ahead and applied multani mithi all over his body. Then he painted half portion, the right side of his body in tiger stripes and went ahead with his auditions. With Michael Jackson a shining example of dance, many came dressed as him with curly hair et al while scores of people wore hip hop costumes with loose baggy trousers and jacket. Moon dance was the most favourite move shown off at the auditions.

When in Rome, do as the Romans do, and many girls followed the idiom by dressing in the Maharastrian style. A whole bunch of girls came wearing the navari sari with fake gajra and jewellery. But to be fair South Indian style sari clad girls were present giving ample competition too. South Indian dancers decked in full glory showed off their classical moves. A youngster dressed in the martha style caught the eye of the media along with a girl dressed in orange sari. She even had a very filmy story to tell and wanted Hrithik to help her. It seems she came dressed as a bride because her fianc, who stays in Australia, is angry with her. She wanted to plead with him to forgive her through this audition. She also wanted Hrithik to tell him to be nice to her.

This was the preliminary round with in-house selection as the ones chosen will perform before the judges later in the month and will be part of the show as contestants.

Chand Mohd, one of the first few to be selected for the next round of auditions, was all smiles once he came out. Hailing from Kolkata, seventeen year old Chand, has been working in a hotel in Mumbai, since the last few days. Once, he landed in the city of dreams, he spotted a banner of Just Dance. He entered his name for the auditions and didn't tell anyone back home about it. His dance on Hrithik's famous song Ek Pal Ka Jeena, won him a spot in the second round. "I would like to take care of my mom, if I win this show. I would like to study further as well. I used to watch Hrithik's song on tv and later I recorded his dance on my mobile. I would practice a lot and learnt it. I love watching Hrithik," says an overwhelmed Chand.

With a superstar like Hrithik as judge, one didn't have to look far for Hrithik lookalikes. While one Hrithik lookalike, Aman Kumar, from Haryana, entered the auditions, there were eight others who got stuck as the gates closed before they could make it. Aman states, "After Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai, people in my town told me I looked like Hrithik. Everyone wants to be a hero and I realised my face resembled a huge stars, so why not take advantage of that. I have met Hrithik numerous times and done stage shows too as Hrithik. My light eyes are my most striking feature and the one quality that matches Hrithik's. My getup doesn't take much time as I have curly hair and beard too."

With a huge amount of talent, a mentally challenged girl too came for her big chance. Eleven year old Sayali Agvane danced to Jaa Re Hat Natkhat. She even gave a message to Hrithik in Marathi saying 'I love you and I would like to be with you.' While Deepak Sharma, a handicapped guy impressed everyone with his headlock.

Once chosen from these auditions, only the best candidates will be awarded the honour of showcasing their skills in front of the iconic jury member, Hrithik Roshan. Host Ayushman, who kept up the spirits of the contestants says, "In the sweltering heat, I am glad to boost their morale as they have to face the judges and dance their best. The response for the show has been tremendous. Just dance is the biggest reality show in India, as we not only have contestants from India but abroad as well. After auditions in Delhi, Kolkata and Mumbai we will fly to New York and London too. We will scout the best talent to entertain the audiences."

See the cream of the crop dancers from across the global Indian diaspora compete for the coveted title of the Ultimate Indian Dance Champion, only on Just Dance.

Just Dance coming soon on STAR Plus.

Kavita Awaasthi /Hill Road Media
Monday, April 11, 2011