Phulwa

Shweta Kawatra is back -indya.com

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Shweta Kawatra's back
Buzz up!

Kavita Awaasthi

After a year long hiatus, Shweta Kawatra is returns to the small screen. Excited about her cameo role in Colors Phulwa, Shweta talks about work on tv, coming back to the grind and the preparations an actor does on the role.

Showing 1 of 7 images Previous    Next

What attracted you to the role of a cop in Phulwa?
I look at three things when a role is offered to me. The beauty of the role in the story, as in how it fits and how it develops, the benefit of the role for me work wise, experience wise and lastly of course the money offered to me. I have to be able to contribute something to the project, and get some value too. Phulwa is an interesting story, and the role offered to me is powerful to the current scenario in the show. It was an interesting prospect so I took it up.

Tell us about your character.
The character is a strong personality and very crucial to the story. I play a diligent and an honest cop SSP Tiwari, who investigates the case of the girl who fell into the well. Soon she will be a threat for the Thakurs and help the protagonist Phulwa.

Did you prepare for the role in anyway?
The beauty of Indian television is that actors work and learn their characters on the sets. You discover the scene of the day, the graph of the character, the episode, the dialogues –everything in the same day. It is a challenge and I welcome it. In Hollywood, actors take six months off to learn a language for their projects but we tough guys rough it out in one day. I guess this is the harder method and I don't mind.

You have been missing from tv since a while. Did you miss it too?
Yes I was last seen in SAB TV's Sonu Sweety and it has been a year since then. I am back to the grind of daily soaps and television. It feels wonderful to be back.

Was it easy or tough to return to hectic schedules?
Well it is different. [laughs] All the hardships actors go through aren't visible in the final product. People think acting is a glamorous job- I want to tell them it is not. Like I am shooting in the sun, in an open area and trying not to sweat. [smiles] But what makes all this worth it is the final result. I am a director's actress and a good story, screenplay and director can push me to higher levels.

How has the experience been of doing Phulwa?
This is a challenging role even though it is a cameo of 12-15 episodes. It is both fun to be doing a new role and tough to work in a daily again. Nevertheless I am enjoying it.

Are you open to more work or is this a one off thing?
Let's see. I guess it will all depend on the kind of work I am offered and how it appeals to me.

What is keeping Manav busy these days?
He is busy with two plays. One with Ila Arun and the other with yet another renowned director.

What do you think of content on tv today?
It has grown and become better than just the saas bahu soaps we saw yesterday. But I guess stories and serials all follow a phase and back then that was a hit, today another kind of serials are working, tomorrow will bring yet another genre I am sure.

Have you been offered reality shows?
Yes Manav and I both have been offered most of them but we are not interested. They are great to host but not for participation. I wouldn't want to be part of a show which is trp driven and needs necessary masala.

Edited by Armu4eva - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 13 years ago
thnx for sharing!!

awesome interview!