Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

HRITHIK OR PRAVESH RANA -the better Hamlet?

IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

To be or not to be, is not the question

With Vishal Bhardwaj and Tigmanshu Dhulia busy adapting Shakespeare's Hamlet for Bollywood, we're left wondering who'll make for a better tragic hero -- Hrithik Roshan or Pravesh Rana

NOT only is Shakespeare's Hamlet being taken to north India, it's being handled by two directors. Vishal Bhardwaj -- whose films Omkara and Maqbool were adaptations of Othello and Macbeth respectively -- and Tigmanshu Dhulia (director of Haasil and Charas), both filmmakers from Uttar Pradesh, are planning to adapt the bard's play and set it in a north Indian city.

While Bhardwaj wants to cast Hrithik Roshan in his movie, Dhulia has already started work. He is training Pravesh Rana, a former model who participated in Bigg Boss 3 to understand the nuances of Shakespearean dramas.

Bhardwaj is awaiting Roshan's confirmations of his dates. Meanwhile, Rana is being tutored by some of the finest Shakespearean theatre actors from Delhi. Rana, understandably, is thrilled. Having waited for three years before getting his first break in a film, he says, "Before I participated in Bigg Boss, I did more than 300 shows as a model.

Then I was advised to do television serials, but I desisted. I waited patiently for the movie break."
Dhulia not only knows that Bhardwaj plans to make Hamlet, he thinks the director should have made it long ago, as part of his Shakespearean trilogy.

"I don't think my plans get affected because of Bhardwaj. In the West, Laurence Olivier and Kenneth Branagh have both made Hamlet (in 1948 and 1996 respectively). So why can't there be two versions in Hindi cinema?"

Who's more tragic?
Rana is to play Hamlet in Dhulia's adaptation, and Roshan most likely to star in Bhardwaj's version

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bollywoodbabe1 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Well for me it's Hrithik all the way! He's a versatile actor, I'm sure he'll be great in it. Besides would love to see him in a Vishal Baradwaj film, only problem might be how it does at the b.o.
Don't even know the Rana dude.
Edited by bollywoodbabe1 - 13 years ago
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Pravesh Rana? Don't know him...so Hrithik!
who is pravesh rana????????
oh now i remember him...he is the host from tht weird show emotional atayyachar....gosh he is comapared with hrithik....i think iski life ban gayi 😆
theprince thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
For me i want Hrithik to work with VB but not in an adaption film like Hamlet .
Mistyy thumbnail
srsly, wat kind of comparision is this...!!

of course Hrithik!!!
Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
how many movies is vishal actually working on...?   😕

if it's true.... i'm sure hrithik will do well...!
TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
hey Bhaggu ....how can someone even think to offer any role to Parvesh rana ewwwwwwwwwwwww

God Save Bollywood aka HiFi 
Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: minnie.reet

hey Bhaggu ....how can someone even think to offer any role to Parvesh rana ewwwwwwwwwwwww

God Save Bollywood aka HiFi 

😆😆   arey why...?

us ne kya kiya... bechaara... us ka bhi haq hai....!   😉

chalo... outsiders should also get a chance... don't know how he'll be at acting... model turned actor loogon ka acting potential is always questioned... 😳