Ashutosh Rana turns into suave politician for ''Mo

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 13 years ago

Ashutosh Rana turns into suave politician for ''Monica''

PTI – Tue, Mar 22, 2011 3:28 PM IST

Joginder Tuteja

New Delhi, Mar 22 (PTI) Ashutosh Rana is donning the garb of a politician once again in his upcoming movie ''Monica-The Politics of Murder'' but the actor says the movie will show the vulnerable side of the people in power.

Rana, who made a huge impression with his role of a scheming politician in Zakhm'', says his character in ''Monica'' is shown as a victim instead of being a tormentor.

"When you talk of a politician in film, the usual impression is that he would be corrupt," says Rana who plays the role of Chandrakant Pandit in the film.

"It is different in case of Monica. Chandrakant is the kind of politician who is Mr Clean. He gets into situations where he has to walk a thin rope but that doesn''t qualify him as corrupt by any means."

The film is rumoured to be based on the infamous telecom scandal that had rocked the nation a few years ago.

"Yes, there is a telecom scam which is shown in the film and how Chandrakant becomes a victim of all the politics around him," says Rana.

Once known for making frequent big screen appearances, Rana, 46, has almost disappeared from the big screen. He was last seen in a lesser known flick ''Coffee House'' (2009).

"I had taken a conscious call on doing lesser films. I had started working extensively in TV and my daily soap ''Kaali- Ek Agnipariksha'' just wrapped up after being in the running for 8 months. During that time I couldn''t concentrate on anything else since the soap required 20-25 days from me in a month."

He is quite happy with the way his TV career has shaped up.

"It was remarkable for ''Kaali'' to be such a success in the time when only ''saas-bahu'' serials were meant to be working. Then I also did a reality show ''Sarkaar Ki Duniya'' and the game show ''Baazi Kiski''. I have been having my hands full."

The movie has been directed by Sushen Bhatnagar and releases all over on March 25.

I will definetly watch this movie.
Originally posted by AAKASH170

I will definetly watch this movie.

i m too interested in it only bcoz of him.
I really wish to see ashutosh in more of popular movies like d way he came in dushman, sangarsh, raaz. 
shreyacool - now after watching kaali ,i believe in quality ,dont know about movie but he will do justice to his role  for sure.when he did the movie yaar before shooting kaali .......................his advocate ahuja is also there i think but in negative character.