OS - ...And the cup slipped...(Completed)

Mridzy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
Hello,

As most of you guys might have guessed - this is just a little something I came up with on today's scene!

This is also to make up for my Still You readers who have to put up with the lack of updates in that one!

This is my take on today's scene - just tried to tap into what Aham had been thinking in the scene today. 

Had to watch the scene repeatedly to do justice, so sorry for the late update!

Edit - Just put the entire thing in a separate post below, hence edited the first part out of this post!

Read and review.

Thanks
Mridhu

Edited by mridhu - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HansaN thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
oh behna thanks it looks like i am getting my advance birthday present in the shape of new ff's.
suk19 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
continue plse continue fabulous start
SIP1997 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
wow, a great start, can't wait for you to update.
Mridzy thumbnail

And the cup slipped - an OS on today's scene

Aham was tired. The entire day today was a total screw up - right from the files, to the presentation to his site visits. Every damn thing.

He was tired - and he was angry. Damn angry.

He snatched his laptop bag from the car seat and walked into home. He needed to show his employees what working for Modi industries meant, he thought. For a few days, uncharacteristically he had gone a little bit soft of them, and this is where it got him. A whole lot of screw ups.

Gritting his teeth, he was about to walk to the stairs when she came down. Looking like that!

She stopped as soon as she saw him - he noticed that she had done something to her nails. His eyes travelled upwards on their own accord.

For a second, he didn't understand it - what had she done? For starters, the pallu was down. Her hair, which she usually pinned up and kept hidden under her pallu fell down in a silky wave over her shoulder.

There was a shy smile gracing her pretty face, and that blush sealed her beauty.

She suddenly moved, getting conscious and pulled her pallu over her head. Aham realized he had been staring and quickly looked away.

When she looked back at him, there was a question in her glowing eyes - what did he think?

Beautiful!

But he didn't want to accept that or answer that, so he walked away.

He was just undoing the first few buttons of his shirt when he heard a knock on his door. Hoping it was Mani with his tea, he turned around - only to find that it was his wife - with his tea - looking as beautiful as ever.

Wife? As beautiful as ever? What the hell are you thinking? He mentally yelled at himself, but still couldn't manage to look away

She bent her head in uncertainty and started walking towards him - very slowly. Deciding it was best to concentrate on what he had been doing, he went back to his shirt.

He started rolling up his sleeves. He noticed that she was walking slower than ever today. Usually that irritated him. But today he didn't mind. He just kept rolling his sleeves. As long as he didn't have to look at her!

She placed the tray down. There was a loud chattering as she picked the cup up. He looked at the cup and then at her. She kept her eyes lowered, while she sneaked looks up at him.

He thought it was quite cute - and endearing

She slowly extended the cup to him, and braved to look up at him, her head still bent. Her eyes showing hope, nervousness and restlessness in equal counts. There was a shy smile that graced her lips.

He silently reached for the tea, slower than he normally did. As he took hold of the cup, Gopi's finger lightly graced his - very lightly.

He removed the cup from its saucer - his mind delving on the hope he had seen in Gopi's eyes. She never gave up. Even after he had made it so easy for her, she never did give up on her hope.

She kept doing something for him all the time - and at some point, a person had to give in - he was afraid that he was going too close to that point.

What? He couldn't - he didn't like her. He couldn't like her. That thought jerked him, and the tea cup slipped from his hands and landed on the floor with a loud crash.

He flinched as the hot tea embraced his hand. Gopi jumped back, and looked at his hand in shock. He looked at her - there was pure concern in her eyes. And there was something else - she knew he was going to yell at her.

And after that - he didn't have the heart to.

Aham, you have hot tea all over your hands, he told himself, looking down at his hand for good measure.

When he looked up at her, there were hints of tears in her eyes. He lowered his own for a second. He was quickly losing his grip.

Aham, get the damn words out, for your own sanity.

Gritting his teeth, he said, "You'll never change! You'll always remain the illiterate you are" She looked down and looked up at him again, disbelief and a little amount of regret over her face.

What she was sorry now because the cup fell down?  He managed to say what he had intended to, but his tone faltered, "With this make up, and everything else - you'll not change" he scolded.

Her tears were getting more prominent now, and so was the hurt his words had caused her.  She looked at him as if she was profusely apologizing.

And he softened some more.

Your hand, Aham!

Deciding it was best he leave this place, lest he do something stupid, he turned.  He waved his hand for good measure and his eyes fell upon the spilled tea on the floor.

It was not green tea - and he hadn't even noticed that.

Clenching his jaw, and angrier with himself than he'd been in his entire life, he stormed out of the room.

Edited by mridhu - 13 years ago
Mridzy thumbnail
@ Rubina - Not a full blown FF, just a little OS on today's scene, and I've updated it now - sorry it couldn't be done before you slept!

@ Suk - Thank you suk ben, it's completed now!

@ Shilpa - Thanks, updated!

@ Nafisa - Seriously, if only!! Well, let's just say this is how I would like to blv Aham's thoughts were!!!! I wish that sometimes in SNS they show Aham's mind voices - ever since I have been watching, there is no mind voice at all - as to what he is thinking..
HansaN thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
thanks behna for the update.
-Nafisa- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
It's very annoying mridhu, i want to know his thoughts too, i try to read his expressions and and body language, but it's only guessing, as you know Mr Stone face most of the time, but when he looks from here and there in front of him (left right, left right) i assume his calculating all the the possibilities, when he looks at her mesmerized his admiring Gopi and momentarily forgotten that she's illiterate, when his nostrils flare or he grits his teeth his angry. But these are the only indicators. 

It's all because the show is from a young girls perspective, Gopi and Rashi, when they got married in their new home.
PDLIMA thumbnail
Great job Mridhu loved your description of the show today. It was geat you put in Ahem's thoughts like many others on the forum one does not know what is going on in Ahem's thoughts is he falling in love with his pretty wife  or he just cannot stand her. It is very confusing the show is  going on since so long and things have not improved in this relationship. We think the story is moving forward but actually it moves two steps backwards this is nothing new for the creatives but it is great since people are writing fan fictions there is some hope for this jodi. Thanks for the great story.
sunshine33 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
wish you would continue...it was really good.