Who Gave Music of Aradhana?(Page 7)

Posted: 9 years ago
@diamond444
The more you come to know him, the more you love him. This is what Shakti Samanta has said about his involvement while creating music:

Shakti Samanta on S. D. Burman,
            "The first time I went to Dada for music for my film was for 'Insaan Jaag Utha'. He heard the story, the situation of the song, 'Janu jaanu ri...' and then asked me how I was going to picturise the song. I told him it was going to be shot between the wheels of two cranes. He wanted to know the approximate distance between the wheels of the two cranes. I thought it would be about 10-12 feet. A couple of days later I got a phone call      from him to go over to his place. When I reached there I saw that he had drawn a line on the floor of about 10 feet and was dancing around it trying to keep beat within the 10 feet! That was his involvement with his songs."
(Source: Article titled 'Composer With The Royal Touch' by Nalini Uchil in 'Star & Style'   Oct. 11 - 24, 1985.)

0 Likes this
Posted: 9 years ago

Nice video clip on RD Burman , the genius

Shows injustice done to him in not selecting him for any Filmfare Best Music Director Awards for Teesri Manzil

Release of book. lovely songs in the clip

Edited by Summer3 - 9 years ago
0 Likes this