Piya Ka Ghar

Articles on PKG

PriyaS thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Aashish Kaul, the suave Delhiite who plays Subroto Basu in Kasautii Zindagi Kay, is now trying his hand in afternoon soaps as well.

Aashish Kaul - aping AB?

Aashish will be seen as Munna, a con man a la Abhishek Bachchan in Bunty Aur Babli, in Zee daily Piya Ka Ghar from Thursday.

The guy has kept a deliberate low profile in tellywood, despite having played key roles in Ghutan, Kkusum and Kahanii Ghar Ghar Ki on Star and Saathiya on Sahara One. But that was then and this is now.

Aashish is sure to grab some eyeballs as Munna, a con man, who is Urmila's (Sushmita Mukerji) son. Along with his wife Paro (Riddhima), Munna will instigate his mother to go back to Sukh Shanti Sadan (the Sharma household) where Urmila actually belongs. Urmila is Bhavani Shankar (Alok Nath)'s first child through another marriage.

Aashish, who has been shooting for Piya Ka Ghar for a week now, says he's sporting a rugged, 'Aamir Khan' look for the show, which will change to a polished, high society persona when he changes guises.

Should be something to watch out for.

Souce: Tellychakkar

Edited by PriyaS - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Exoctica thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Narayani drives her new Safari Dicor

Who says girls look good driving long dainty cars? Some love sporting huge cars which compliment their personalities. And of those kinds is our Narayani Shastri who recently bought silver Safari Dicor. The actress already had a Safari prior to this one. This brand new car has cost her nothing less than 9.5 lakhs.

An excited Narayani says, "I have always driven a heavy iron car, I am very comfortable driving them. And moreover, by now I have got the hang of it."

Narayani can be currently seen playing Rimjhim in Piya Ka Ghar. She has also done many plays which includes a Marathi play too. She also appeared in a marathi film starring Nana Patekar called Pak Pak Pakaak.

She shot exclusively for Tellychakkar.com despite of having a hectic day after shoot.

Edited by Exoctica - 18 years ago
Exoctica thumbnail

Narayani gets a fast car

The 'Piya Ka Ghar' star spends a lavish million on a Safari Dicor

Sapana patil

This year cars have been an important aspect in actors' lives. Where some have had theirs ruined in accidents, others were a happy lot pampering themselves with buying a car they coveted.

The latest addition to this club is Narayani Shastri aka Rimjhim of Piya Ka Ghar . The lady has recently bought herself a Safari Dicor, a grand silver jeep. "I bought this car because I like SUVs (super utility vehicle). This is a very basic model of the car, but I made some minor additions to it. In all, it has cost me 9.5 lakhs rupees," she smiles with pride.

"I had a Safari earlier too. I didn't want to change my car, but it had no pick up. This one has a turbo jet engine. That makes the ride swift yet smooth. It doesn't make me feel that I am driving a truck. It will give me good mileage too," she continues.

Surprisingly, Narayani says she's not crazy about cars despite this being her fourth buy. "I do not fancy cars. For me, a car is a just a vehicle that helps me transport myself. I do not find it a good idea to invest in cars," says Narayani. 

Narayani loves long drives, but she is yet to get the opportunity to take one in her new car. "But I will soon go on a long drive. Driving to Poona and back sounds ideal to me. But I may not get the time to drive out of Mumbai, so I will try driving till Marine Drive and back. With my hectic schedule, that is the farthest I can go," she says.

CAR-ZY
Narayani's gaddi collection so far
• Maruti 800
• Maruti Zen
• Safari

Narayani Shastri with her new set of wheels

Exoctica thumbnail

Narayani takes off on Safari
   By: Vickey Lalwani
   December 31, 2005

Narayani Shastri
A fortnight ago, Narayani Shastri (Rimjhim of Zee's Piya Ka Ghar) bought herself a new car, a silver-grey Tata Safari Decor. Her previous car was also a Safari, but a low-end version.

"I love Safari, and I don't know why," explains the actress. "Maybe because it's economical. And rickshawallahs and buses don't come near it."

The works

Shastri has sold off her old, black Safari. Her new car was painted over with a metallic coat and a music system installed, before Shastri drove home her new prized possession, from Hand Motors, Andheri.

Soon, she may change the wheels and go for bigger ones, though that may reduce the mileage.

"That's okay. I love big wheels. Reduction in mileage doesn't really matter, because I drive mainly from home to shoots, and back. I don't drive  outside the city," she says.

Narayani in top gear

Narayani Shastri
Who has the coolest car in the world?
I dunno.

Sing two lines from Tracy Chapman's song, Fast car.
What's that?

Do you like watching car chases in movies?
I love such scenes. They have a lot of thrill.

Would you rather be chasing, or be chased, in a car?
Both ways, it's fun. I have chased in real life, though. But I haven't been chased, yet.

One man you'd love to drive you around?
Anyone who makes interesting conversation.

Would you rather be driven or drive yourself?
I would rather drive myself.

Can you change a flat tyre?
Sure. I have done that many times.

Have you ever washed your own car?
Several times. In my building, I am not a TV actor, but a normal person.

Would you rather drive in the city or on the highway?
I don't mind driving in the city, but the highway is definitely a better option.

With whom have you gone for your most memorable long drive?
There's this friend of mine, he used to drive me around and we would have great fun. But I am not naming him!

What would your dream car be?
I am not much into cars. I think a car is simply something that takes you from one place to another.

Do you understand things like mileage and performance?
Not really.

What's your driving style?
I am a safe driver. And I don't take bullshit from rickshaw wallahs and bus drivers. I abuse them right back. I even carry a hockey stick in my car.

Are you a patient driver, or do you cuss?
Mumbai is supposed to have the best traffic rules, but people don't follow them. Plus, I have a temper. I definitely cuss.

Tell us about a time you experienced road rage.
Two bikers near Andheri station nearly rammed into the rear of my new car. I gave them a piece of mind, certain unprintable words included.

What is the best place in Mumbai for a drive?
Marine Drive. At other places, you get traffic even at 3 am. But these days, I hardly drive there. Five years ago, I stayed in Colaba. That time, zipping through Marine Drive was a regular feature.

Have you ever slept in a car?
Often, when I am not on the wheel. I need someone to talk to when I am not driving. But when I am calling the shots, I am totally alert. I have friends who felt sleepy while driving and had accidents.

hydrogurl001 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

TAKE TEN

Narayani Shastri

Here are 10 things you would like to know about her…..

What is your star sign?
Aries.

Do you believe in astrology and numerology?
To the extent of my convenience.

Where were you born, and which school did you go to?
I was born in Mumbai. I have changed several schools; I passed out of St Mary's School at Kalyan.

For what did you get your first paycheque and how much?
I am a self-taught beautician. I used to do stuff like threading and waxing during my student days. My first payment for doing this beauty stuff was Rs 80.   

What one thing are you really bad at doing?
Lying.

What do you wear at home?
Shorts and ganji.

What mobile phone do you use?
Nokia 7610

What's your favourite smell?
The first rain smell of earth.

Where in Mumbai would you rather be staying?
At Colaba, I presently stay at Andheri.

How often do you say "I love you"?
Don't say it at all!
hydrogurl001 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
TV Grapevine: Are Narayani Shastri and Gaurav a couple or not? How Moulli Ganguly manages to remain in shape.

WHAT'S THE DEAL?

There couldn't be a more confused couple, we guess. On one hand, Narayani Shastri and beau Gaurav Chopra are spotted everywhere together and make no bones about the fact that they are an item, while on the other hand, Gaurav was recently heard saying that he is not with Narayani anymore because they didn't want a relationship. Not too long ago, there were similar rumours and Gaurav had confirmed them, only to be found out later that he was still with his lady love. Now again he is saying that they are not. So, what's the real story?

Edited by zhasan2 - 18 years ago
monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Narayani, Gaurav back together?

Belying rumours of a split, Rimjhim of Piya ka Ghar stays with Chopra's family when in Delhi

Reena Thapar Kapoor

Just when we thought that Gaurav Chopra and Narayani Shastri's relationship was a thing of the past, the grapevine is abuzz with rumours of the duo getting back together.

It all started when Narayani attended Chopra's brother's engagement bash in Delhi. Incidentally, Shastri wasn't put up in a hotel, she was living in Gaurav's house, with his family. We spoke to the actress to hear her side of the story. "I don't understand why this issue is being blown out of proportion?" she says. "Yes, I did go to Delhi to attend the engagement. It was a celebration in Gaurav's life and I was there as a friend. Don't we attend parties and celebrations here in Mumbai as well?"

One also hears that at the do, she was introduced as the prospective Mrs Chopra? A baffled Narayani gets rather defensive, "I don't know anything about it. No one said anything to me. People present there must've just put two and two together as I was staying with Gaurav's house. I went there as a friend and that's about it. I don't want to add fodder to this issue by talking about it. My personal life is mine and I'd rather keep it that way."

Gaurav has been away on an assignment for the past two months but is constantly in touch with Narayani. "Yes, we've been in touch...," she says.

"Gaurav has an adorable family. But they don't like being written about in the press. My parents have come to terms with all the rumours and allegations. They know that this is a price that an actor in the industry has to pay," she signs off.

• My personal life is mine and I'd rather keep it that way— Narayani Shastri

source-

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=19&am p;sectname=Television&sess=142951542

Edited by monika.goel - 18 years ago
PriyaS thumbnail
Sushmita Mukherji to play Urmila in Piya Ka Ghar

Sushmita Mukherji will now be seen in Zee's Piya Ka Ghar as Urmila. She makes an entrance in the soap opera on 15 December. Sushmita's character has a comic touch and plays
Sushmita Mukherji as Urmila in Piya Ka Ghar
innocent but will not take rubbish from anyone. She wants to live a happy life and a luxurious one is what she dreams of.

Urmila is the daughter of Bhavani's first wife, Saroj, who he thought had died in a natural disaster. Accidentally, he comes to know that she is alive and in a very bad condition, financially and health wise. Saroj, now, on her death bed takes a promise from Bhavani to take care of her daughter Urmila after she passes away.

The soap will now be all about acceptance of this
daughter in the Sharma household. Urmila, who survives on free buffets at uninvited weddings and stolen food and rags, is brought home by Rimjhim, the only person who as of now knows Bhavani's secret and supports him in giving his daughter her real rights.
monika.goel thumbnail

Sonia Kapuur returns with Balaji Telefilms

Courtesy: Goher Iqbal Punn
Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Sonia Kapuur, th sexy lass is in news once again. Recently she made her stage debut with Paritosh Painter's Hindi comedy play, 'Yeh Tera Ghar Yeh Mera Ghar', the play which opened in Mumbai some days back. On television front, Sonia returns with Balaji Telefilms once again as she has joined the cast of 'Kaisa Yeh Pyar Hai' (the show is aired on Sony Ent channel) and it is a co-incidence that again her character name is 'Naina' as earlier in Balaji's 'Kkusum' her character name was also 'Naina'.

"I am happy working with Balaji Again It's a very interesting role. It's a positive character and I am sure I am going to have a good time doing it", smiles Sonia.

Kapuur looks much happier with the works to her credit so far. She has previously done many a hits like 'Aurat', 'Devta', 'Zanjeerain', 'Neeyat', 'Lakeerein' and 'Heena'. Apart from 'Kaisa Yeh Pyar Hai', she is busy with two other popular shows on TV - 'Remix' on Star One and 'Piya Ka Ghar' on Zee TV.

source-

http://movies.indiainfo.com/television/sonia-kapuur-100106.h tml

Edited by monika.goel - 18 years ago
monika.goel thumbnail
Rock da party...

Our reporter, Reena Thapar Kapoor will take you where no fan has been before – right into the lives and living rooms of your favourite celebrities. Get set for classified information

Introverted yet chirpy, level-headed yet childlike, Narayani Shastri may well be a bunch of opposites put together. But she is also someone who you can connect with. The dusky babe who is looking her best after shedding a good nine kilos in three months, insists that we drive down from the sets of Piya Ka Ghar to a suburban pub. Why? Becuase she wants to show us 'the other side of her personality'.

1. In her stride
"Do I look okay?" she asks knowing that she is looking just fine. Narayani frequents H20 at least three times a month. No she isn't a party animal but once she is here nothing can stop her from letting her hair down. She gets into a blue spaghetti top and jeans and off we go...

2. Glug ho!
Now you might not want to hire a bartender who loves to booze would you? But don't go by this picture. Narayani does like a drink or two once in a while but what she loves truly is to concoct spirits. "My friends tell me that I make the most awesome cocktails and mocktails," she giggles.

3. Fire and spice
An enterprising bartender decides to show off his skills and does the usual fire act. Narayani refuses to be a mute spectator and insists on learning it. Of course she is nervous… but adamant nonetheless. She gets the hang of it in the end… although only after breaking a few bottles.

4. Feeling Cornered?
This is an open-air lawn on the second level of the pub. She loves to sit here by herself. "I am not a loner, but I don't need company all the time. And during those times, this is the perfect place," she quips sipping a Virgin Pinacolada. I decide to step away for a while.

5. Kung Fu Cook
Narayani has free access to the kitchen. So, she decides to cook some alu parathas. But what's with the capsicum? "In fact, I even use corn," she explains. I am not too sure if I should try them but when I learn that she is notorious for creating chaos, I know what to do. "No thanks," I say.

Narayani's tips to get ready in minutes:

* Throw some talcum powder in your hair to give it a fresh look

* A quick application of concealer, kajal and gloss can do wonders to your look

* Team a well-fitted pair of jeans with a glamorous spaghetti top (Something like she's wearing here)

* Black stilettos are an absolute must. They add to your personality

* Always keep silver hoops and a smart belt handy

* Dab on some great perfume and hey, you're ready to rock

* Flash those pearly whites. They add to your personality and confidence
nClothes and colour have to be worn as per ones your mood

SOURCE-
http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=15&ar ticleid=118200612915343118200612551734