Mahatma Gandhi, Swami Vivekananda
Wardrobe Must Have:
White Linen Dress
Fitness Mantra:
Yoga with a balanced diet
Favorite Brand-clothes:
Armani, Versace, Sabyasachi

Fashion Is:
A job. You cannot look good and be comfortable.
If you want to look good, be prepared to work for it.
Favorite Perfume:
Chanel No 5

Kanaga Ranaut epitomizes feminine achievement. A combination of stunning looks, chic sense of style and award winning performances, from her debut in Gangster to recent hits like Fashion, Kangna has made an unforgettable impression on Indian Cinema, in a span of just four years.

Hailing from Bhambla in Himachal Pradesh, Kangna made her foray into Bollywood at the tender age of 18. Her tryst with acting began with theatre in Delhi, under Arvind Gaur. Madhur Bhandarkar, Mohit Suri, Anurag Basu are few of the many directors who have worked with Kangna.

A media magnet, Kangna's unique sense of style, uninhibited and candid approach to life, and depth of talent ensure her constant presence on covers of leading magazines, TV shows and newspapers.

Busier than ever, Kangna's next movie,"Once Upon a Time in Mumbai" showcases her as a seventies star. She will also be seen opposite Ajay Devgan and tries her hand at all out comedy in Anees Bazmi's "No Problem".

Kangna's also now filming for Anand Rai's romantic comedy Tanu Weds Manu opposite Madhavan, Sohal Maklai's thriller film Knockout opposite Sanjay Dutt and Game with Abhishek Bachchan. Kangna has also signed a two movie deal with PNC.

Diversity is Kangna's mantra as is evident from the numerous characters she has portrayed. This young beauty is forever surprising everyone and has carved herself a comfortable niche in this volatile industry.

( Source: realkanganaranaut.com)
Edited by jaanlover - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jaanlover thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Rascals(August 2011) (Under Production)
Double Dhamaal(June 10, 2011) (Under Production)
Ready (June 3, 2011) (Under Production) ...... Special Appearance
Game (April 1, 2011) (Post-Production) ...... Sia Agnihotri
Tanu Weds Manu(February 25, 2011) (Released) ...... Tanuja Trivedi
Midnight'S Children(2011) (Under Production) ...... Emerald
Remake Of Shikshanacha Aaicha Gho(2011) (To Go On Floor)
Tezz(2011) (Under Production)
Power(2011) (Under Production)
T Series Next(2011) (Under Production)
One & Only(2011) (Under Production)
No Problem(December 10, 2010) (Released) ...... Sanjana
Knock Out(October 15, 2010) (Released) ...... Nidhi Srivastava
Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai (July 30, 2010) (Released) ...... Rehana
Kites(May 21, 2010) (Released) ...... Gina Grover
Vaada Raha... I Promise(September 11, 2009) (Released) ...... Nalini
Raaz - The Mystery Continues(January 23, 2009) (Released) ...... Nandita
Fashion(October 29, 2008) (Released) ...... Shonali Gujral
Life In A... Metro(May 11, 2007) (Released) ...... Neha
Shakalaka Boom Boom (April 6, 2007) (Released) ...... Ruhi
Woh Lamhe (September 29, 2006) (Released) ...... Sana Azim
Gangster (April 28, 2006) (Released) ...... Simran
I Love You Boss(2004) 

jaanlover thumbnail

Personal Quotes

"I schooled in Himachal Pradesh. I had taken up science and, initially, wanted to become a doctor. There are few career options for students of science though, so I shifted to Delhi and decided to try theater instead. I joined a group called Ashmita, and did two plays there ' Madhavi and Rakht Kalyan. As I was still unsure of what I wanted to do, I began sending photographs of myself to advertising agencies. I even took up classes in French because I thought of shifting to Paris, where models have always had a chance."

My biggest asset is that I know how to learn and that, I believe will help me in the long run.

"I come from a middle class family, and my parents weren't too supportive of my career choices. My father is a businessman, and my mother is a schoolteacher. They would always discuss my career whenever I'd visit them, but they are now very happy as Gangster is doing well. In fact, Himachal Pradesh is proud of me! I keep getting calls from there. I'm very happy now, but I'm sure that when I'm older, I will miss being a student and not going to college. I should be writing love letters at this age. Instead, I'm working day and night. Then again, you can't get everything in life."

" I am a very sexless person. I have never tried to create a sexy image of myself. From the very first day, I have been clear about my objectives. I am an actress and I am here to do my job''

jaanlover thumbnail

Kangana Ranaut individual fashion

Kangana might have lost out on her fashion designer Rick Roy to Jiah Khan but that hasn't affected the actress! In fact we've heard that the frizzy haired girl will wear her own outfits for a few scenes of Kites, where she essays the role of an Anglo Indian.

Seems like Kangana now wants revenge from fashion designers, since they tend to ill-treat models! Well, we don't know the truth but that's what they showed in Fashion at least.

Madhur will be proud of you Kangana. Keep up the good work.

Relationships

Kangana was dating Adhyayan Suman, son of actor Shekhar Suman and the couple had starred in Raaz ' The Mystery Continues. However, they broke up in 2009. Aditya Pancholi accused the actress of using him to make it in Bollywood. Ranaut has maintained a stoic silence on the subject.

Kangana was offered the role in 'Gangster' by Anurag Basu who spotted her in a cafe

Kangana moved to Mumbai to try her luck in movies and after much effort received the offer for Mahesh Bhatt's 2006 film 'Gangster'.

The film was critically and commercially successful and her performance was especially applauded. This was followed by another acclaimed performance in 'Woh Lamhe' (2006).

Later Kangana starred in yet another Anurag Basu hit film 'Life In A... Metro' as a confused girl who is looking for real love.

jaanlover thumbnail

Awards 

-2007-

Asian Festival of First Films, Best Actress, Gangster
Filmfare Best Female Debut Award, Gangster
Filmfare Fairever Fresh Face of the Year Award, Gangster
IIFA Best Female Debut Award, Gangster
Star Screen Award for Most Promising Newcomer ' Female, Gangster
Zee Cine Award for Best Female Debut, Gangster
Stardust Superstar of Tomorrow ' Female, Gangster
Bollywood Movie Award ' Best Female Debut, Gangster

-2008-

Stardust Breakthrough Performance Award (Female), Life in a' Metro

-2009-

National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress,Fashion
Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award, Fashion
IIFA Best Supporting Actress Award, Fashion
Stardust Best Supporting Actress Award, Fashion
Apsara Awards Best Supporting Actress , Fashio
n
jaanlover thumbnail

Tiya

Celina

Meheroo

Roop

Ambeeka

Raiinie

tenyangzom

Preity*Zinta

xmuqix

Mohini

4evaemmi2

Jatt_kudi

Jaanlover
jaanlover thumbnail

jaanlover thumbnail

Welcome to the new FC of Kangana Ranaut.

I wish everyone a wonderful time here !!
Please join the FC

Hugs Reena

jaanlover thumbnail

"Tanu likes to shock people" - Kangna 

As the World Cup picks up steam, there is one film which is making one hopeful that it would continue to provide entertainment right through the cricket season. It is Tanu Weds Manu, a film which is hitting just the right notes and making one strongly believe that in a season of some big disappointments, this mid-level unassuming film would end up being a pleasant surprise of the season. As the film catches on heat amongst the audience, Madhavan and Kangna are already out in open and taking Tanu Weds Manu all over the country. On the eve of the film's release, National Award winner Kangna chats with Joginder Tuteja and explains how this Aanand L Rai directed film is indeed special for her in many ways.

In Tanu Weds Manu, I am sure you would have really loved the experience of making it, primarily because it must have allowed you to connect you to your 'desi' roots. Is that right?
I loved making Tanu Weds Manu because it is a really fun movie. The script is delightful. The first time I heard it, I was in splits. The shooting was also a lot of fun. Entire unit was like family and we had lots of fun together. And yes, we shot in North India where food was delicious, and we had lots of foodies on the sets - Maddy (Madhavan), Aanand L Rai, me and our producer Shailesh Singh. So all the fun that we had shows on screen. It's looking good, there's this big buzz around it, so it's great!

She is an audacious but very lovable character
In the film we see a combination of you and Madhavan coming together. Since he too is someone who is attached to his roots and has a 'desi' appeal to him, you two must have had some good tuning building out there, isn't it?
Maddy and I had a lot of fun doing this film for sure. He has a terrific sense of humour and is a great person to hang out with. Also, Maddy has a very different background from the typical filmy family folks; he has lived and studied abroad, he's been in the Army. So there is very rich experience there and you can hold a conversation with him which is very broad.

In fact I am told that you found him such a gentleman that you gave a nickname to him - 'Maryada Purushottam Ram'.
Yeah (smiles); whether it was Maddy in real life or the character of Manu that he was playing, he stood tall despite all the adversities around him. He was also the strongest of all even with all the temptations around so yes, 'Maryada Purushottam Ram' suits him just fine.

How about your own self Kangna? I guess in the film you have detached yourself from the trappings of being a quintessential Bollywood heroine.
If by quintessential Bollywood heroine you mean ultra glam, then well yes, Tanu is certainly not that. She is an audacious but very lovable character. She is from a very cultured Kanpur family, who has studied in Delhi University. But then she also likes to shock people and have a bit of fun.

By fun do you mean someone who gulps down a few vodka shots on the day when a prospective groom comes to visit her house?
(Laughs) Exactly. And it is not just the fun factor here which makes the story enjoyable. If you look at her overall look and dressing sense then that too would make quite a few heads turn. Reason being that while she loves a contemporary Indian look, she comes with the potential of totally jazzing it up.

At times, we were shooting in 50 degrees for days at stretch
But don't we see that trademark dramatic equation coming into play which one associates with Kangna in each of her films?
Well, you can watch the film and then let me know what you thought! Till then I am not saying anything (smiles).

Fair enough, will wait for that. Meanwhile let's talk about the film's director Aanand L Rai. In every conversation, he has some very fantastic words to say about you. Has he been sharing such compliments with you all through the making of the film as well?
Yes, we got along very well. I am very fond of him. Also, he is someone who is always charged up and excited about what he does which is something that is very infectious. What also helped was that he had great faith in me throughout. He really knows how to get the best out of his actors and always gave me space for creative expressions. I think he is a terrific director and a wonderful person.

The film has taken some time to reach the finishing line. Also, it required you to travel extensively. Wasn't that exhausting as well as frustrating at times?
Yes, there were times when it got really tough, especially since the weather was not easy. At times, we were shooting in 50 degrees for days at stretch. That was very difficult. I also injured myself very badly on the shoot. But as they say, all is well that ends well!

And the end seems like a fun romcom in the offering?
Well yes, I would agree that it is a romantic comedy but then in its spirit, it's a true blue love story in the old fashioned sense.
jaanlover thumbnail