Piya Ka Ghar Pyaara Lage

~Article Archives~No Comments

.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 13 years ago

New entry in Hi! Padosi... Kaun hai Doshi?

New entry in Hi! Padosi... Kaun hai Doshi?

A new entry to make things more difficult for Bittoo and Sejal in theSahara One show..

Sahara One's new show, Hi! Padosi... Kaun hai Doshi? follows an interesting concept of ending a particular story line every week, and beginning afresh with a brand new story the next week.. 

The love story of Bittoo (Giriraj Kabra) and Sejal (Sanjeeda Shaikh) is already troubled by the presence of the Gujarati family, but now there is yet another hurdle in the form of a new entry.. 

A source says, "Bhairavi Vaidya will be  entering the show this week, as  the Dadi of Sejal. She will be essaying a character who hears less but talks at a high pitch, and assumes that the people around her can't listen properly. She is a bit humorous in nature. Even though everyone likes to hate her, she thinks she is the most wanted person in the house".

"On the other hand she cares a lot for her granddaughter, and puts restrictions on her when it comes to meeting any boy", adds our source.

We contacted Bhairavi and she confirmed being part of the show.

Talking about this week's episode our source says, "This week's episode will show the swapping of work between men and women. They confront each other and accept the challenge to do the other person's work. Eventually, everything in the house will be messed up, and this is when Bittoo and Sejal will resolve the problem".

Giriraj confirmed the news of the track.

Get ready for this this week's laughter dose in the Sahara One show..

Reporter and Author: Tejashree Bhoipatkar

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Tanya. thumbnail
Bollywood forgets its LEGENDS 
Kader Khan,whos back to TV after a long hiatus,tells Neha Maheshwri what prompted him to return 

Youre back after a long hiatus in H i Pa d o s i !...K a u n H a Doshi 

I had no intentions of making a comeback but what prompted me were frequent emails,messages and letters from my fans requesting me to return and the fact that they miss me.I would also credit my comeback to the channel as I share a great rapport with them.

What do you think about the humour of today which is mostly below the belt 

Comedy is a must in every show.I would agree that comedy has now become a little vulgar and this is to do with the one upmanship that everybody is trying to have.If one tries to crack a joke to make people laugh,the other goes a notch higher to outdo the former and it becomes even more vulgar.

You are one of the pioneers in writing comic scripts.Does this downfall sadden you 

It does,but then there is nothing that can be done to amend it.With the change in the standard of comedy,even the norms and ideologies of a family have gone into a transformation.

Fans miss the lethal trio of you,Shakti Kapoor and Govinda.Do you plan to revive the same magic 

I would love to recreate the magic of the trio but times have changed.My concern is about forming the group again.People have moved on and also the age factor plays a pivotal role.We cant play the same character as we did 10 years ago.

Do you think Bollywood has forgotten its legends 

Its heartbreaking to admit but yes,they have conveniently forgotten the legends.On their way up,they forget to look behind and acknowledge the thespians who have been an institution in themselves.Nobody acknowledges or thanks the legends who have taught the younger breed to act,laugh or even render their dialogues.The worst part is that Bollywood doesnt have any history that can teach the current actors about the contribution by the stalwarts.

TICKLING THE FUNNY BONE: Kader Khan 

.Tanya. thumbnail

"Today money talks"-Kader Khan

"Today money talks"-Kader Khan

Kader Khan speaks about his comeback with the new show Hi! Padosi'Kaun hai Doshi? in Sahara One

Veteran actor and writer Kader Khan returned to television after years of disappearance withSahara One's new show Hi! Padosi'Kaun hai Doshi?

Tellybuzz caught up with the actor where he conversed with us the changes in the television and Bollywood industry today.

Kader Khan pinpoints on certain issues that is really thought provoking.

Excerpts!!! 

What was the reason for your comeback in television with this show?
Frankly speaking, I didn't want to come back into this profession but I used to get lot of messages, emails SMS and letters from people saying that they miss me a lot.

Why was there a long break for your comeback?
I was in Dubai to open an institute called as K K Institute of Arabic. But now I am here so there is no one to run the institute. I believe to do my work on my own and hence I started that institute and the government wanted me to continue it. But now since I m here there is no one to take care of the institute.

Humor has changed a lot from your days, how would you like to comment?
Indeed humor has changed but nobody can run away from this trend.  There is a mix of a little vulgarity in the humor through which they are trying to make people laugh and it increases as every joke is cracked one after the other and when everyone is trying to move one step ahead.

You were Pioneer in writing humor; do you regret by seeing this trend which we can't watch with family?
I do but the situation is helpless in this regard and also the family norms have also changed.

You have been a veteran writer for movies; how would you like to comment on the scripts of television?
There has been a standard method that is going on in television and that method and technique have been taken by each and everyone. For example if one person dies in the show and if there are sixteen people around, the time is completely taken on showing those sixteen expressions for which the news took only a second of time while saying. And immediately after that commercial starts after which the episode also ends. But we cannot do anything on that because profit comes this way. Earlier during our days, money was not that much important, but today only money matters and also we had written a song on that 'Paisa Bolta Hai'.

What was the reason for a comeback with this show?
I was approached by Sahara One and I had a special bonding with this channel because the channel has helped a lot of people. I always worked with those people who have always helped and thought about the betterment of others and their Urdu channel of Sahara is really very popular.

Today in the race of channels for TRPs and so much competition, haven't you ever thought of coming back with popular channel?
If I worry about TRPs, I won't survive.

Do you think Bollywood has forgotten their legends?
Yes I do, but its Bollywood trend where as they move one step ahead, they never turn back. We all know that it is Dilip who taught Bollywood dialogues and how to laugh, but nobody remembers him today and never take his name too. There are many such actors like Motilal, Raj Kapoor etc. The worst part of Bollywood is that it doesn't have a history to celebrate a day or so or to give knowledge to people.

Message to your fans?
Be original and don't try to copy others.

Lastly tell us will the audience enjoy your dialogues in the show?
We will try to do everything slowly and nowadays writing is taken over by everybody and the directors also do writing now a days. I have a small life and how much will I do in it, but will definitely try.

Reporter and Author: Ranjini Nair

.Tanya. thumbnail

'Holi Hai' on Hi! Padosi...Kaun Hai Doshi?

'Holi Hai' on Hi! Padosi...Kaun Hai Doshi?

The entire Sahara One family joined together on the sets of Hi! Padosi to celebrate the festival of colors..

Sahara One's Hi! Padosiā€¦ Kaun Hai Doshi? is the next to throw a big bash on the occasion of Holi. We hear that the entire Sahara One family was present to enjoy the occasion.. 

Our source states, "The leads from Shorr,Snigdha Srivastava and Yasir ShahAkansha Juneja from Hamaari Beti Raaj Karegi, the three leads from Kesariya Balam Aavo Hamare DesAksshat GuptaJaya Binju and Toral Rasputra, Leena Jhumani from Ganga Kii DheejMuskaan Arora from Mata Ki Chowki and Jayshree Sonifrom Rishton Ki Bhanwar Mein Uljhe...Niyati graced the event". 

Sanjeeda Shaikh from Hi! Padosi told us, "It was a great experience to play Holi on the show. In real life, I don't like colors as it does not go with our get-up. With special request, the production house allowed us to play with herbal colors and we have jolly good time". 

Yasir Shah too said, "It was very nice to play Holi and we enjoyed every moment of it". 

Catch the Holi Special on Hi! Padosi on Sahara One..

Reporter and Author: Ranjini Nair
Kader Khan inspires Sanjeeda
Sanjeeda Sheikh says she feels blessed to work with Kader Khan. Television actress Sanjeeda Sheikh, currently playing the spunky Sejal in Sahara One's Hi! Padosi..Kaun Hai Doshi, feels lucky that she shared her an acting platform with none other than the talented veteran actor Kader Khan, whom she considers as her idol in acting in comedy.
We spoke to Sanjeeda Sheikh who gushed, "It's my great honour to work with the well known actor Kader Khan. He is very experienced in every department of this craft. He is like an institution. We chat about various topics under the sun, whenever we have free time on the sets. Our topic of discussion is not just films and television but also includes current happenings in the country. In my life, I had never imagined that I would work with such an all rounder actor. I really like his style of working and as has no hang ups no attitude."

Further she told us that, "We both discuss our scenes before shooting. He talks about how this industry has changed over the years and now he feels that television audience is much wider than films. We sometimes talk about the scripts on tv and how important a good story is in television and films. Not only me, even my boyfriend, Aamir (Ali) loves his acting. Once he had come on the sets of the show to meet Mr. Kader Khan. The show is all about comic situations and his inputs are really helping me a lot."

She added, "I am a great fan of Kader Khan films like Ghar Ho Toh Aisa, Himmatwala and others. He is a complete entertainer who was seen in a variety of roles and the audiences accepted him every time."

What If........

What If........

Sanjeeda Shaikh, the protagonist of Sahara One's Hi! Padosi...Kaun hai Doshi? talks of her career option if not an actor...

Actors in our industry are multi-talented and here we have one of the most beautiful and talented Sanjeeda Shaikh speaking to Telly Buzz about what she would have been, if not an actor.

Well, the way she moves and grooves when the music is on, it is pretty much obvious that she would have undoubtedly been a dancer if not an actor...

Lets hear it from Sanjeeda herself...

What If.....

"There is a bit of insanity in dancing that does everybody a great deal of good" - Edwin Denby

If not an actor I would have definitely been a dancer.

Since my childhood I have had the flair of dancing and I was not really trained in classical dance form. But I was into semi classical dance, and have learnt Bharatnatyam as well. In order to make myself familiar with the Mudras,  I had taken lessons.

Apparently during my school days I was not into dancing much, in fact there was no much encouragement given to extracurricular activities in my school. I was more into singing, but still I would only say that I am a decent singer.   

My favourite dance style is Indian Contemporary, and Zara Nach Ke Dikha and Nach Baliye have given me a great platform to showcase my dancing skills. According to me Saroj Khan is still the best choreographer in the country and since I have worked with Vaibhavi in Zara Nach Ke Dikha, she is also my favorite. I believe, she knows what suits me well and is aware what I am good at.

I have been into several performances and I feel that the ones I did in Nach Baliye and Zara Nach Ke Dikha were very demanding both physically and mentally. I have learnt a lot from those shows. The performance that I did with Mukti and the solo performance of Ore Piya are in the list of my favorites and the Table dance that I did with Aamir is also a memorable one. 

I would love to open a dance school in future, that is when I feel the need to settle. But at the moment I am really busy with the shoot and tight schedules.

We really hope you fulfill your dream, and it is indeed a pleasure to see you on tapping your feet on stage..

By Saranya Valsarajan

-------------------------------------------------------------

https://india-forums.com/tellybuzz/fantastic-4s/9289-what-if.htm

.Tanya. thumbnail
A mouthful of Ahmedabad 

Its back and the foodies of Ahmedabad cant just have enough of it.Now your trusted companion,the Times Food Guide 2011 is out to take you on a delightful exciting gastronomic journey.The guide which has been your constant companion for the last three years is now back with much more to make your dining out a truly enjoyable and memorable experience.The finer nuances of the food world are all there and there is enough to give you an idea about the taste,flavors and prices too.All that you have to do is to pick your personal copy which costs just 150.Its something that every food lover of Ahmedabad will love to possess and this sleek guide will guide you in every possible way as you will navigate through the amazing world of gastronomy.
The guide is as exhaustive as it can get to cater to all your needs.So whether you want keema pe anda or okra stew with caraway rice,or a mouth-watering Gujarati thali for your guest,you will get all the relevant information in this user-friendly guide.If you are the one who loves a late night dinner or a lingering brunch on an otherwise lazy winter Sunday morning,you will be able to find an answer to every question related to your palate in this food guide.
In recent years Ahmedabad has seen soaring groW*H and along with that the city is also discovering a whole new lifestyle and platter too.The Times Food Guide,Ahmedabad 2011 is the gourmets guide for experiencing the delectable spread the city offers in different categories like Gujarati,North-Indian,Mexican,Chinese,Italian,Moroccan,Lebanese and Continental.The guide exhaustively reviews restaurants,mithai shops,fast food joints,bakeries,coffee shops and ice cream parlors in the city in an alphabetical way.And all this vital information comes to you in an absolute user-friendly way.
To give you a real feel,the food guide takes you in such a way that you will savor every word in a personal way.The experience is absolutely real because you will get all the details from ambience,food,signature dishes to order and the price.The guide with all finer details will make your dining out experience a much easier,hassle-free and enjoyable one.The address,phone number and map number (to help you locate the restaurant/ice-cream parlors/fast food joints on maps in the end of the guide) will give you a comprehensive idea.And with this guide as your friendly companion,eating out will be an occasion you will so very look forward to it.Theres a pick of the guide section where our food panelists have chosen the top of the pops that tell you where you can expect to have the best in terms of cuisines,coffee shops,confectioneries and ice-creams.The Times Food Guide and the Food Guide awards were instituted and launched over a decade ago.They have been the most talked about events in cities like Mumbai,Delhi,Kolkata,Bangalore,Hyderabad,Pune and Goa.As the user-friendly 134 page guide is all ready now to take you on an exciting delectable journey,its time to explore,revel and savor.And just make sure to grab your copy before it flies off the shelf.Times Food Guide 2011 is published by Times Group Books in association with Tirupati Refined Oil.The guide is now available at all leading bookshops.deepika.sahu@ timesgroup.com

TV star Sanjeeda Shaikh glances through a copy of The Times Food Guide Ahmedadabad 2011 

.Tanya. thumbnail
Talent doesnt matter in Bollywood! 
       ... says actress Sanjeeda Shaikh in a chat with AT during her recent visit to Ahmedabad 

Not only her stunning looks,but her long tresses too make heads turn wherever she goes.Telly actor Sanjeeda Shaikh was in Ahmedabad recently to promote her new show Hi! PadosiKaun Hai Doshi I keep coming to Ahmedabad frequently,but I seldom stay back.So I hardly get time to see how much the city has changed over the last few.My mom told me that the city is looking beautiful these days, says Sanjeeda with a happy grin.Sanjeeda,who is now playing the role of Sejal Mehta in the show,says,I started my career with a comedy show,then I did a show which had me playing a negative character.In my current show I play the character of a daughter and I get to wear my regular clothes so it is fun and more of a relaxed role, and adds,After doing three lead roles,I feel great.Earlier I have been offered roles to play character who is chronologically older than what I am in real life,but I never said yes to those offers.When I can carry myself with oomph in young roles better,why should I go for the older roles Having participated in reality shows,does Sanjeeda feel that reality shows are rigged Reality shows matter to me whatever fame I have achieved today it is all because of these.People today know me as Sanjeeda and not by my character name which is a big achievement for me.I have done dance shows and nothing can be really scripted in them.They are purely based on talent, says the actor.So,will the audience get to see her together with Aamir Ali in shows like Bigg Boss We are offered lots of daily shows together,including reality shows,but we didnt take up any.Our lifestyle doesnt match up to those kind of shows.I love to watch these shows,but I cant be part of them, says Sanjeeda.Like her counterparts,Sanjeeda too wants to be seen on the silver screen,but she says the lack of a godfather makes things tough.One has to be really lucky to get work in Bollywood.Talent doesnt matter much but luck makes a difference. Being a good dancer,Sanjeeda is often offered item songs.I am open to doing them,but I want to do something that will stay in the audiences mind, she says.With so many fresh faces coming joining the television industry,what does Sanjeeda feel an actress should do to set herself apart from the rest Its been four years and yet I am offered young roles whereas other girls have put on so much weight that they have to do roles older than their age.Talking about the new faces,I havent seen most of them after one show.So older actors any day rock, she says.Coming to her personal life,Sanjeeda says that divine is the word that describes her relationship with Aamir Ali.We are busy doing daily soaps.I want to spend quality time with each other post marriage,so we will wait till our commitments are over. Five years from now Sanjeeda says that she will be married and giving interviews with my kids.I will also be surrounded with loads of work. Does Aamir have a say in her work We discuss work related matters,take each others opinion and inputs seriously.We are like best of friends, she says on a parting note.

Sanjeeda Shaikh 

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Sanjeeda shares makeup and fashion secrets

Sanjeeda Sheikh, who is currently seen in Hi! Padosi ..Kaun Hai Doshi? on Sahara One, has an immaculate sense of makeup and style. We catch up with the pretty lady and get her to share makeup and fashion tips and advice with her fans.

How would you describe your style?
I have my own sense of fashion and style. I am not brand conscious and I know that not everyone can afford branded stuff. I do not hesitate to shop in stores as Linking Road in Mumbai as it has some excellent options for street side shopping.
What are your fashion mantras?
I make sure that I feel comfortable in whatever I wear. You should decide about what looks good on you and feel confident about your body as that is of utmost importance. Also, a pair of great shoes can make even the plainest of outfit look good.

Which is the fashion trend that makes you cringe?
Over accessorizing is a big no no for me. If you are wearing a printed top then just teaming it up with small earring is enough. Blingy bags are great but make sure that your outfit also does not have bling.
Which are the most important items in your makeup kit?
My makeup kit always has a good quality kajal, blush on, mascara, lip balm and perfume

How do you maintain healthy hair?
Oiling is very good for the hair so make sure you oil it every alternate day. I do not wear a wig for my show Hi! Padosi ..Kaun Hai Doshi? so I have to make sure that my hair looks naturally good onscreen and oiling helps me do that.

What is the secret behind you flawless skin?
It's thanks to my genes that I am blessed with healthy skin. I use MAC makeup products and make sure to cleans my skin of all makeup before going to bed. I try to avoid makeup when I am not shooting.

Edited by Salmanayesha - 13 years ago