Khuda Aur Mohabbat Musings

Posted: 13 years ago
After hearing a lot about Khuda Aur Mohabbat, seeing the promos and the title song, I decided to finally see the show and I'm glad I did. Granted I've only seen the first episode, I think this drama might turn out to be one of those good ones...probably not as good as Dastaan (at least for me) but maybe along the lines of Daam and Vasl? I've heard the author of the novel has actually won some awards for his work so I guess the story is definitely good. I'm just hoping for a good execution and acting. As much as I like Imran Abbas, I don't think he acts that well and his work so far hasn't been very good...don't get me wrong, I really do like him a lot but I feel he needs to grow as an actor. I think this drama might just give him that opportunity and I hope it works out. I don't know who the female lead is but hopefully she can act well.

One of my favorite scenes was the first scene where they showed azaan and salah along with a nightclub and loud music. It shows 2 extremes and just how 'modern' Pakistan has gotten. Other than that, the fact that Imran's family thinks praying is insulting and demeaning of their stature, and the fact that they don't even know where the qiblah is just goes to show how much of an Islamic republic Pakistan actually is.

It's obvious Imran is just very curious right now...I wonder if some part of his love for the girl will be for the girl's very different world...a world, which is so different from the one he lives in. Right now Imran seems like a passive, disinterested rich son who hates his identity. I'm guessing later on he'll become more of a rebel.

Anyways, the show seems good...as does the song! Am I the only one who initially thought that Imran Abbas may have sung the song? And oh I loved how they got him to narrate the show!
Actually its like those quintessential love stories ...a rich boy ..who falls in love with a girl from a different lifestyle all together ...so much so that he becomes a rebel of sorts .....

Agree with the scenes u mentioned ...i found that one very full of impact when Iman and Haya enter Hammads house for the party and he see's her for the first time ......her being in a burqa....being totally elusive sort of set the ball rolling ...the attraction to the unknown unseen and her beauty ofcourse ......Hammad obviously isnt an admirer of the lifestyle he is living and seems to have diff set of ideals and values as shown in the 2nd epi ...his relationship with Shariq Chacha...and his family ...just sort of tells abt  his personality ...also his expressions when Niki tells abt Iman being her best friend ...priceless

Also his whole experience at Maulvi Saabs place and then him finally seeing her .....the whole feeling coming to the fore was neat

I have hopes cause the book is a gem ....and I feel Imran is perfectly cast as Hammad cause ....he suits the personality of the char .......
Nearly all the novels are being turned into dramas these days...which isnt a bad thing at all, as the novels are wonderful...But sometimes its dissapointing to see bad acting on such good storylines...

is it online yet?...I havnt come across it, hearing about it for the first time here. But, your analysis seems interesting...would like to watch it...what channel is it on?

i am totally loving the drama
today's scene where he sees her face for the first time was so beautifully picturised, with the does and everything.

liked your analysis
i am lovign the drama!

yeah the first scene did show just how much far a certain segment of our population has gone from religion...

i LOVE iman - so pretty!

and imran abbas loookssssss CUTEEE! and for the first time i  actually love his pairing ! :D usually i dont much like his love interests in dramas...but iman is REALLY pretty and cute!

but i gotta say one thing though..yeah the nightclub scene, from wht i have heard from people i know, seems quiet realistic... such things are happening in the "islamic republic of pakistan"..

however, the scene where the family freaks out over them praying, and that they don't even know the qiblah - i think that was a bit over the top... one thing in pakistan is that no matter how deviant people are ffrom religion, they will still "claim" of how much they value religion... they were making their kid read the Holy Quran... so them freaking out over namaz, and not knowing qiblah seems VERY WIERD to me - because usually maulanas who teach kids Quran in pakistan also teach kids other things about islam like prayers, fasting, etc...

what i mean is, i don't think that this particular scene was realistic or reflective of pakistani people...because no matter how modern a pak islamic family is, they will still TRY to show religion in their practices in public...

but yet again, my experiences are limited.... if any1 actually knows real life examples as shown in this show, please do share here! i'm really curious, as to whether such families do exist, who actually dont even know wht namaz is.... not knowing where qiblah is fine... but not knowing anythign about namaz - wierd!

acha another point i had was, it's my perspective on what's happenign with hammad:

so clearly, there is this uncanny attraction that he feels towards iman, just from her presence, not even knowing how she really looks or anything.. per in the scene where he saw her praying... i also felt ke there's more than just romantic element that the author/directors wanted to show here ... you know how we talk about the "call of Allah"... jis ko Allah bulaye apni taraf... woh khincha chala aata hai... toh i m inclined for some reason to look at hammad's pull towards iman by more than just a romantic perspective.. i feel they want to show how it is God's way, of bringing hammad closer to Him - making him more religious... becuz the way hammad feels at odds with his family's "modern" ways... so him coming across iman is a sort of way in which God has called out to him... how seeing a burkha clad woman grabs his attention, when this other chick roaming around him doesn't...how seeing the girl praying awes him...

so yeah...guess I perceieve their "love story" as also having a divine purpose, not just a romantic purpose of guy finding his true love... that's a first I am seeing, and if this really is what it being shown (and not merely my perception) then kudos to the writers!
Edited by Sid4TeamCanada - 13 years ago
Originally posted by Sid4TeamCanada

so clearly, there is this uncanny attraction that he feels towards iman, just from her presence, not even knowing how she really looks or anything.. per in the scene where he saw her praying... i also felt ke there's more than just romantic element that the author/directors wanted to show here ... you know how we talk about the "call of Allah"... jis ko Allah bulaye apni taraf... woh khincha chala aata hai... toh i m inclined for something to look at hammad's pull towards iman by more than just a romantic perspective.. i feel they want to show how it is God's way, of bringing hammad closer to Him - making him more religious... becuz the way hammad feels at odds with his family's "modern" ways... so him coming across iman is a sort of way in which God has called out to him... how seeing a burkha clad woman grabs his attention, when this other chick roaming around him doesn't...how seeing the girl praying awes him...

so yeah...guess I perceieve their "love story" as also having a divine purpose, not just a romantic purpose of guy finding his true love... that's a first I am seeing, and if this really is what it being shown (and not merely my perception) then kudos to the writers!

@Bold- Very Well Said ...I think too think its a divine connect there ....and def its allah's call precisely as Hammad himself feels disconnected from the world /lifestyle he lives in
Hey Seert!...

Loved your analysis-beautifully described.

I'm actually loving the show.First of all,the story sounds really good.Plus,till now,from wht I've seen,the stroy's beautifully executed.Watched the 2nd episode,and everything seems to be even more improved from the first epi.I'm sure by the end,we'll be getting a beautiful and unforgettable show.The first episode wasn't quite impressive though.But this would surely grow with the days passing.

Imran's absolutely cute,and I think he's brilliant in every role he does.I find him awesome,not that I've a hard crush,but I think he looks great,here.Must be his best role so far,and this can really provide him the best base to grow as  an actor.The girl's really pretty.Her expressions are beautiful throughout,and her dialogue delievery might be good,as we haven't really seen much of her.She's beautiful nevertheless.And they actually make a really beautiful couple!....Remember seeing them in an advert.of some touch-mobile or something,and they were real cute!😳...

Now,about the stry.I kinda agree with Sidra.It does have alot more than just a lovestroy to it.Hashim Nadeem is known for hs novels about how beautiful the relation b/w human and Allah is.I remember reading "Abdullah" which was actually about how a person journeys in search of his love,and tht's when he reazlizes that the true love is with Allah Almighty alone.I think this one's based upon a similar concept.Hammad belongs to a modern family,but himself is not actually part of it.The story might be his jouney to how his love makes him realize of the true love of Allah,seeing how she belongs to a religious family.As about his family,as far as their show-off is concerned;I think they wanted to show their irritation infront of the maulvi shaab's family,coz they dun' really need to show-off  infront of them.Acc to them,what would they earn from it??....So,it's actually showing the hyprocrite nature of the so-called modern families of  the "Islamic Republic" of Pakistan.

I love the beauty of the scenes.The beauty of the show lies in how beautifully the'yve picturised the small bits,and tried to emote each and every emotion or feeling.The must watch scene in yesterday's epi.was his conversation with Maulvi sahab when Maulvi Sahab says that he shared a relation of love with his ife,more than just being husband-wife.Imran's expressions' were priceless.Plus,for the first time when he sees her face,million dollar expression,and beautiful bit.Later,how he had her flashbacks,and realized he was being stupid(lol)...that truly showed how mature and sensible he would go onto become!

All in all-a must watch show!!

Edited by -aweshome_moi- - 13 years ago
Nice topic seert πŸ˜ƒ
I'm loving KAM so far..Hamaad and Imaan are cute 😳 Imran's acting is the usual πŸ€” and I've seen Sadia Khan (Imaan) in another show..she doesnt act that well too..but she's a newcomer so might have improved in this serial..lets see how she does. And since the novel won alot of appreciation..so the story ofcourse seems really good..πŸ˜ƒ I love its title track btw 😳
Nice! I finally got some responses on this thread and good ones too =)

Gimme some time to get back to all you guys. In the meantime, the show is definitely progressing but I wanna know how Maddy and Iman will fall in love...I don't see a lot of interaction happening between them given how sheltered and closed off Iman is. Although, truth be told, I don't care much for their love story as much as I care about Maddy's transformation to Hammad.

Btw remember Iman's dialogue to her dad when they were discussing his inability to go to tableegh? Who talks like that? I know she's religious and very traditional, but her dialogues seemed so unreal and stiff...almost like she was a heroine from some Urdu Shakespearean play.

Being huge fan of Imran.....adore this guy to bits...i decided to watch the serial for him but wanted the serial to end first...so that I don't have to wait for the episode...I hate waiting..(That is so my problem)...

I came across the title track on youtube and decided to watch it but only after it was ended....I must say the title track is beautiful....

What I had decided did not really happen....got really good reviews from people around me....saying it was a must watch...so I watch the first episode without any expectations..I must say when you don't have any expectations it works....

I liked the episode I must say...but not loved it...the first scene did it for me too...It showed the two different sides of pakistan.....the western influence and the real rooted pakistan....the scene has impact on me....In the scene where Maddy's friend said that will there be Azaan in US too....that was well captured...it is so true that youngsters prefer that part of the world then their own...

The acting was decent....like you said Imran is quite fine looking but not the best of actors we have...hopefully he will improve...The girl Iman...it is my first time seeing her onscreen but so far what I have seen she seems fine..

The  elder lot are really fine actors...like Hammad's dad...Maulvi saab..oh I forgot Ahmed Jhanzaib..he was fine and I acually like his get up...looks like abdullah has feelings for iman...

Music is the best aspect of the drama....loved the title track...the bacground music..
Ahmed Jhanzaib has done fab job....the lyrics are apt for the story...gels so well with the story...

For me it is more then just the love story...it is Maddy's search for his identity...and Iman is the one who will lead him there....It is about Hammad reaching out to Allah...

I am liking what I am seeing so far...let see what we have in store...