Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Remakes & sequels; has Bollywood run out of ideas? - Page 2

angels_eyes thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
they have run out of ideas a long time ago.....i dont get what the point is to make remakes the old one are muchhh better and sequels please just the first movie was a hit doesnt mean the second one will be a hit...
for example i liked gomaal 1 but 2 & 3 just didnt do it for me it was garbage in mine opinion waste of money

just mine opinion

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
^I agree! Only the first Golmaal was good!
theprince thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Totally agree .Not its all about the BO because in bollywood till now people is not ready to interact with the new idea like they interact with subject they love to see and thats why most of the directors and actors choose the easy way to achieve BO success and right now if you want to make ahit film then choose one thing

remake action masala films
comedy entertainment
sequels
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: beboholic

How is making Dhoom 3 and Don 2 or Golmaal 3 or OUATIM 2 running out of ideas? They are just making another one, because the previous one was a hit! Its not like they don't have original ideas in there!

But with the remakes of old films like Angeepath or and Don I guess, and Seeta or Geeta...yes bollywood is running of ideas

I agree with remakes they are running out of ideas whereas with sequels they just have ideas for what should happen in the next film
the only movie i wanna see a sequel to is AAA..

Don remake was a disaster.. and if that wasn't enough torture.. they are now making a sequel..

but Seeta & Geeta will take the cake of all time remake horrors.. i still hope they think this over once again..πŸ˜†
Ugh. Sequels and remakes. πŸ€”
Well production houses want to make sure they make PROFITS

Sequels and remakes are a much safer bet for them than original films because there is a much higher chance that people will watch them. Creativity and originality take a back-seat to $$$
Edited by koolchick - 13 years ago
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: KatForeva

Why don't they start something new rather than naming it the second or third?

Because they want a hit! And people love sequels...esp GOlmaal...that's why it's a brand and it always does well in the box office!  Just because a film has part 1 or 2 or 3, doesn't mean it's not an original idea! Golmaal Returns was different from the first golmaal and golmaal 3 was different from golmaal returns! 
Edited by beboholic - 13 years ago
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Bolly ran out of ideas long time ago!

Sequels are made because they make money..the producers/team thinks the first one did well so they want to repeat the success of it...Case in point: Golmaals, Dhoom, Hera Pheri, Dhamaal, Don, OUATIM, etc..

If the first doesn't do well they definitely don't make a sequel...but do they remake it even if it didn't do well?

Rakht-Charitra!

^I agree! Only the first Golmaal was good!

to me, 2nd one was the best😊

ditto for Dhoom the 2nd.

Edited by mogliF21 - 13 years ago