Young Actors with older actresses..Yah or Nah?

Posted: 13 years ago
So I have seen a lot of complains esp from eraser lol ๐Ÿ˜ณ...I can see that she doesn't like these older actors acting with 20 something actresses. WHat about the other way around? What about older actress with a younger actor? eg Kareena with Imran Khan or Kareena with Ranveer Singh. I mean he declared on KWK he is a huge bebo fan...am sure someone will offer them a film. So your thoughts on younger actors with older actress. Vidya with shahid...is another example! Or Shahid with bebo even. Or koko with Ranbir (which I loved the pair by the way) ๐Ÿ˜›

For those who don't know:

VIdya Balan age = 33

Shahid kapoor= 29

Kareena Kapoor age = 30

Ranveer Singh age  = 25

Imran khan age = 28

Koko= 31

Ranbir = 28

all age from wiki lol
Edited by beboholic - 13 years ago
well..i know its double standards but i can tolerate older men with younger women but not the other way around...especially when they are trying to pass both of them off to be the same age.

maybe its coz on women, age shows more obviously than it does on males...guys look younger/glamorous for a longer peirod of time, but thts not the case with women...so when an older woman is paired with a younger man, i think they should establish the fact that the girl is older in the film too...like in WUS...i didnt find koko-ranbir icky because they showed her to be the elder one (not trying to pass her off as his age, or younger to him)....similarly, with dimple and akshay's pairing in DCH...i didn thave any problems with it....but i did have problems with shahid-vidya and shahid-rani pairings...
If they look great together, then why not?

The problem with Shahid and Vidya in Kismat Konnection is that Shahid looked younger while Vidya looked older than they both are

I'd love to see Ranveer opposite Kokona๐Ÿ˜ƒ And Ranbir  and Koko were great in WUS (although I never saw it๐Ÿ˜†)
Edited by koolchick - 13 years ago
Fair enough smartie pants. Yeah I agree...if a woman is older than the man in the film...they should incorporate that in the film somehow. With WUS...we could tell that koko was older obviously because he was in college and she was a career woman. Loved that film and the couple!

Am probably the only one here who liked Vidya-shahid pairing in KC. I thought they looked adorable together!
Keeep Vidya and Shahid apart.. please..!!!  she looks like his older sister.. if not his amma..๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜†
I don't mind seeing seeing Bebo and Shahid again ๐Ÿคช
Lensa congrats on being an IF rockerz!
its ok to watch odler men with younger girls but other way around.. hmm..

no it looks weird..

but then older men like 50+ and 20+ no way there as well..

90s i remember rishi kapoor movies i was like he is old why does he still come as hero..
now when i look back my fav salman khan is 40+ as well.. but the thing is all 90s young heroes has taken good care of themselves and havents turn into a ball..

i guess kareena is a bit more older den 30....>>>>
Thanks Kat!
Zubi your avie๐Ÿ˜