Geetama flirting with Dada- what's your take? - Page 4

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by CID_HD

Some people remain blind when it comes to decide what is good and what is not. I too agree with you Ankit. Even vamps wear better clothes than girls participents wear when they dance on the show. It was a trick of bring audience's attentions too in every show infact.
You are absolutely correct on bold. But some members here will not agree on this. Show is showing vulgarity in this show in name of dance to attract audiences.
Well girls wearing skimpy outfits and dancing is not new in this show it happened in the previous seasons as well.Anyways i dont think it is vulgar at all.On maximum dance shows whether Indian or international while dancing especially in contemporary dances girls wear such outfits.It's the beauty of the dance that should matter not what the dancer is wearing.I mean clothes dont make a dancer vulgar its the dance that does.If a girl dances beautifully in a skimpy outfit i wont find it vulgar.For example in DID 2 shakti and Kunwar's first dance 'Khuda jaane' shakti was wearing backless shirt and a short skirt but i would never call her vulgar because she danced beautifully.And now coming back to the topic geeta ma flirting with dada is completely innocent.Again its the intentions that can make flirting look vulgar or indecent.As long as the intentions are pure flirting is innocent.But i guess its very subjective.
Why stop at Dada and Geeta? Let's ban all Bollywood married actors who flirt on the camera........Amitabh, Shahrukh, Aamir, Akshay, etc........let's ban all these actors for morally offensive behavior........😃 Amazing how some people have no concept of acting.........Dada, Geeta, Marzi, Rajeev, Terrence, Remo etc are not sitting on a stage in some dance school somewhere judging........they are on television, and as such they have lines to say and scripts to follow........just like Amitabh flirting with an actress in the movie doesn't mean he is cheating on his wife in real life (can't believe this has to be explained 😃).........😛 But let's ban al married actors who flirt on camera......😛
No show can run only the basis of its content..It needs some additional spices, fun to make more enjoyable. As there are celebrities involved with the show. There must be some issue like these to deal with. And that is no serious at all.
Commenting on those issue and fighting with each other will be idiotic idea for us. We can discuss on the contents and its goods and bads..But we don't need to fight on it. Its not like that everyone has to think same way..
Each can think their own way. Some we like some we don't. That's the rule of a Democratic Country.
Was not interested in commenting on a near 60 year old married man with a bunch of kids flirting with a near 40 year old woman.

Could not resist seeing people can bring how ridiculous analogies!!!!

There is a difference between reel show and reality show, whichever actor is flirting in front of camera is not playing himself or herself, it's a character he/she is playing. In the show Mithun or Geeta are not playing any character, they are there as themselves. 

Objection is not about flirting but it should be age appropriate. There is a thing called dignity.
Originally posted by zaabemard

This dude's obsession with Terence is out of control. Someone call Terence and suggest that he hire a security guard to protect him from this ankhit guy.

Last part -- That would get him more attention, and that too from Terence himself!! Why waste out time and energy to gain him attention from our great TL?! I dont want Terence to mention this name in an interview when talking about IF!!! LOL.. Not at any cost!!! 😆
Originally posted by CID_HD

What's the big deal with it ? We saw lots of bizzare and scary things in many shows. I think this flirting doesn't come to comparing those things.

It isnt about flirting! There's a lot of that in many shows and people are used to it.. But seeing someone who is old enough to be Geeta's father flirting with her is kinda disgusting! And that too in front of kids who are only old enough to be his grandkids.. If they were playing assumed characters in the show, that would have appeared funny and the age gap wouldnt have mattered.. But when they are themselves and Geeta calls him Dada, it sends a negative vibe to the audience.. Anyway I have learned to shutdown my ears when it crosses the limit.. It was embarrassing to watch their duet dance last week, but I wouldnt blame Geeta as she was only going with the script and she tried her best to keep the proper distance in that dance..
Originally posted by ankit_nyc

😛 Terrence wasn't married while on the show as well, and he flirted with Saumya all the time.......was that not honorable behavior as well, or does this standard only apply to single females? 😛 oh and what about the standards that Terrence, Remo, and Geeta all set back in DID 1 where all the guys pretty much danced with their shirts off and teenage girls were dressed in skimpiest outfits possible? was that honorable behavior? 😛 

Not Terence wasnt married, he isnt married! He didnt flirt with Saumya though they tried to push that drama and it was obvious from Terence's face that he wasnt comfortable with it, but still tried to go with the script. They had Jay too, shown being after Saumya when Jay already had a GF.. They wanted to show a triangle love, but it flopped!! LOL.. Then in DID2 they tried doing that with Dharmesh and Saumya, and I still remember the look on Dharmesh's face!! He was really annoyed but kept quiet and didnt want to act along; he just stood there, and so they stopped.. This time they have spared Jay of all the love drama, and dragged Shweta to flirt with Dada!!

In DID1 some of the outfits were bad, esp once when Khushboo came in an open shirt with a pink bikini! That created a lot of anger from the viewers, and had discussions on IF too. So in DID2 they made the rule that contestants shouldnt be wearing too revealing clothes. Outfits that have bare backs and males being shirtless are all accepted in family movies, so I dont see anything wrong with it. As long as girls dont show up in bikini type tops, that should be fine. If the dancer can carry the outfits well, it wont appear as cheap.
How old is he you think ? Well Geeta is not that a teenager too..And its some light fun, teasing, flirting to each other. We should not take that as serious issue. Its a fun.. and let it be a fun.
Fighting over it.. is nothing but stupidity..
Mitun da is in his 60's and Geeta is in her 40's