seemarao2 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Not sure why and how, but Freida Pinto is surely going places. As if Danny Boyle, Julian Schnabel, Woody Allen, Tarsem Singh and the Apes movie weren't big enough for her CV, now she also has michael winterbottom

The film is titled Trishna and will also star Riz Ahmed (Four Lions). It's based on Thomas Hardy's novel tess of the d'ubervilles . We haven't read it but according to IMDB, it's "The story of the tragic relationship between the son of a property developer and the daughter of an auto rickshaw owner". And a friend described it as "hopelessly depressing".

The film will be shot all over Rajasthan and it's a start to finish schedule. The shooting starts by end of February. Last time when Winterbottom shot A Mighty Heart in India, it was in news for all the wrong reasons. So this time its been kept as a hush-hush affair.

And this is not the first time that Thomas Hardy's novel is getting adapted for the screen. Tess of the D'Urbervillies was also adapated as a four part mini-series for BBC and had Gemma Arterton in the lead role.

Rajasthan, Frieda Pinto, property developer, rickshaw owner – well, something tells us that it will again be desi exotica for the West. What's missing ? Bollywood and naach-gaana ? Bet it's there. Someone will move to Mumbai and dhen tedan! We can't spill all the beans at one go.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pomegranate thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
yes I do think she is overrated, I didn't see anything special in her in SDM but hollywood sure did.
She's the definition of overrated. 
She's the Katrina of Hollywood πŸ˜†
Originally posted by: eraser

That's wishful thinking...there actually is way worseπŸ˜†

But Freida is definitely overrated....she only has one good film

And I love how there's so much attention lavished on her and none on Dev Patel, not
Salma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

ohk, is there any one in this world rated properly?

people always give labels as OVERRATED and UNDERRATED!!!

^^ Yeah, it's like you're either under-whelmed or over-whelmed.

good one!  πŸ˜‰
anjali10 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
how many dialogues did she have in SM?, I forgot. 
anjali10 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

^^ none. πŸ˜†

oh c'mon, in the end she says she doesnt know the answer to the question πŸ˜†