Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KavitaDR thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
@:tintiny

I am sure MR will do a good job but do we want to see rip offs all the time...why cannot we have something original creatives??

[/QUOTE]

Dear Jayati,

Very right Jayati and the Creatives have been quite impudent at times but thank God MR has the finesse and abilitiy to carry it off so brillantly. As the CVs, I dont feel creativity is so much of an issue unless they are deliberatly dragging the story...Unfortunately, it does happen hence the sense of feeling cheated.

Kavita😳
Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: kshreya2002

Yaar...I didnt even connect the precap to Khuda Gawah! I applauded everyone who remembered that scene from KG. I cant recall it even now.

sme here...even i didnt...
a big kudos 2 kavita 4 remembering it...evn i didnt remember it... if she hadnt mentioned it i dnt think ne1 wud hav noticed or related the precap scene 2 the movie...
mozart66 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ZubyDutta

As always a very thought provoking post Kavita,😊

My family had a tradition of watching Mr Bachchan only on the big screen. So I remember being taken to watch both Agneepath & Khudagawah. I was very impressed by the larger than life characters portrayed by AB. But it was just that, characters AB played like no one else could. What I took home was still AB. Not Vijay D. Chauhan  or the Afghan warrior.Whereas when MR acts & emotes there is only and only DSP.MR is hidden away somewhere deep within a recess & not allowed to  peek even for a nanosecond.And therein lies the USP of MR. It's DSP that remains etched in our minds.We only remember MR when we see him in interviews or other shows.Though I don't watch movies now but from whatever I've seen so far no other actor has been able stamp a character in permanent ink on our minds. It has happened with book characters but this is the first time on screen both big & small.

I firmly believe MR is an original. Pure & unadulterated original.⭐️⭐️⭐️

@Bold Red: How true Zuby!!!

MR has indeed personified Dutta Patil in the minds of Indian TV viewers forever!! That is the reason we have been fighting for not replacing MR as the two have literally merged and the persona of DSP has taken on MR's persona when it would have been the other way round for any other TV actor! MR is literally breathing, eating, living Dutta!!! Hats off to him! Though I agree he has a long way to go to reach AB's heights. He is well on his way to do it!!! He will reach there in the due course! But the beauty is that he will be an original in his own right and will not be Ab's shadow!
Edited by mozart66 - 13 years ago
KavitaDR thumbnail
[
@ccolaco
Nice post Kavi

Mishal does have influence of AB on him coz he has mentioned in his interviews tat he does watch his movies to get an idea of angry young man role.

As far as Tasha reunion not being best..I would like to differ here. I did get goosebumps seeing the promo and did feel like crying like hell. Also dear its just  a  scene shooted specially for promo. The actual scene is yet to cum in front of us...how they will meet is sumthng a mystery yet. Dont u think its too early to comment about their reunion?? I mean we have waited so long for this day and we knw we are getting it now and its going to be worth wait....i have a  feeling. So wat if it turns out to be best one?? why dont u wait for few more days and see?

yeah its possible tat i feel its best union ever coz i havent followed any serial so wholeheartedly...i was crazy for Sea hawks, swabhimaan serials but those r way long back..after them tis is the first serial i m watching
[/QUOTE]

Hey Sweetie,

Never made any allusion to the Tasha reunion not being the best...At least not in the original thread or any of my responses. So much anticipation and excitement for next week must be taking its toll on all of us and we are seeing double or letting our imagination run wildπŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜†πŸ˜†.

So relax and lets wait for Monday. We are already under the spell of Dutta/MR just looking at the promo, the actual sequence will be cherished like so many others. But this time round, it will be extra special as Dutta will for the second time hug Nakusha wholeheartedly, no holds barred. This time, he is going home where he belongs with his Nakusha.

Luv,

Kavita😳
KavitaDR thumbnail
@ZubyDutta

As always a very thought provoking post Kavita,😊

My family had a tradition of watching Mr Bachchan only on the big screen. So I remember being taken to watch both Agneepath & Khudagawah. I was very impressed by the larger than life characters portrayed by AB. But it was just that, characters AB played like no one else could. What I took home was still AB. Not Vijay D. Chauhan  or the Afghan warrior.Whereas when MR acts & emotes there is only and only DSP.MR is hidden away somewhere deep within a recess & not allowed to  peek even for a nanosecond.And therein lies the USP of MR. It's DSP that remains etched in our minds.We only remember MR when we see him in interviews or other shows.Though I don't watch movies now but from whatever I've seen so far no other actor has been able stamp a character in permanent ink on our minds. It has happened with book characters but this is the first time on screen both big & small.

I firmly believe MR is an original. Pure & unadulterated original.⭐️⭐️⭐️
[/QUOTE]

My dear Zuby,

I have missed you the last 2/3 days on the forum and it needed something on our sweetheart to get you running back and say your two cents. I was so surprised at the interest that "my shortest post in the short time on the Forum πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† has generated...What started as a notional reference as I replied to neets_ltl just flew off. Chalo, pata chala ke ye sirf DSP ka kamal nahin hain, but a lot due to the enigmatic MR.

To come back to your reminiscences about the family outings to see Amitabh Bacchan on the big screen, ditto here. I still remember those crammed theatres in Mauritius as my Dadi was a great fan of AB....she only believed in watching him on the large canvas even at the ripe old age of 72. It was a blast. Nice memories that you brought back. Like you, I took AB home especially the Muqadar ka Sikanderwala AB that I would have loved MR enact sometimes on the big screen. I think that he is going to be just fabulous.

As to MR, I did not even attempt to take away his uniqueness in any sense. Apart from Hritik Roshan, Shahid Kapur among the more contemporary lot, there are not many who can match the intensity of our very own Mishal. And this is the reason that he will have to do the utmost to strike it big on a larger canvass at the first given opportunity.

Just imagine, ten years down the line, you will be resuming with tradition by taking your little brood to the theatres....kyun Zuby Dutta Patil.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Luv,

Kavita

*dewdrop~pearl* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hey Kavita....totally agree with you on MR-AB comparison. I dont think till today I have dared to compare any actor to the legendary AMITABH BACHCHAN, neither in Bollywood, nor on TV. And I dont think even any third person has attempted to make such a comparison, no one has dared to do that, not even to draw comparisons between AB and good actors like Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan, etc. But I must admit, MR is the 1st person whom I genuinely feel can be compared to AB, without any awkward embarassment on my part in doing so, as MR is a FANTASTIC actor πŸ‘! Infact the other day, I was discussing the same thing with my sister, i.e., I dont think much actors would even agree to picturise a song of themselves on an AB song, for fear of not being able to do justice to it. Thats why initially when I saw the precap of MR singing 'manzilein....', I had my doubts, but when I actually saw the song, I was like 'OMG this guy actually carried off an AB song with a similar elegance?! 😲' Many people try to copy/immitate AB, but I feel MR doesnt try to copy him, but brings out AB's style in his own way and his own personality πŸ‘! How much ever we scrutinize, we will never be able to say 'MR is copying AB'. Its just that you get the same feel of AB from MR, but never the feeling that he is trying to 'copy' AB. Hats off to MR for the same πŸ‘! I really hope one day he makes it really big in entertainment industry - THAT GUY REALLY HAS SOME FANTABULOUS TALENT πŸ‘!
Edited by *dewdrop~pearl* - 13 years ago
shahhetp thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

for me as far as such a nice precap is shown, who cares the rest? let creative take inspiration from wherever they want...

KavitaDR thumbnail
Originally posted by: *dewdrop~pearl*

Hey Kavita....totally agree with you on MR-AB comparison. I dont think till today I have dared to compare any actor to the legendary AMITABH BACHCHAN, neither in Bollywood, nor on TV. And I dont think even any third person has attempted to make such a comparison, no one has dared to do that, not even to draw comparisons between AB and good actors like Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan, etc. But I must admit, MR is the 1st person whom I genuinely feel can be compared to AB, without any awkward embarassment on my part in doing so, as MR is a FANTASTIC actor πŸ‘! Infact the other day I was discussing with my sister the same thing, i.e., I dont think much actors would even agree to picturise a song of themselves on an AB song, for fear of not being able to do justice to it. Thats why initially when I saw the precap of MR singing 'manzilein....', I had my doubts, but when I actually saw the song, I was like 'OMG this guy actually carried off an AB song with a similar elegance?! 😲' Many people try to copy/immitate AB, but I feel MR doesnt try to copy him, but brings out AB's style in his own way and his own personality πŸ‘! How much ever we scrutinize, we will never be able to say 'MR is copying AB'. Its just that you get the same feel of AB from MR, but never the feeling that he is trying to 'copy' AB. Hats off to MR for the same πŸ‘! I really hope one day he makes it really big in entertainment industry - THAT GUY REALLY HAS SOME FANTABULOUS TALENT πŸ‘!

Hey Appu,

There is no doubt about that. This very innocuous (my shortest on record) is probably my reverence to two actors I adore and I would love to see them in the same frame one day. Shall we send a message to AB. He is always open to experiments and new talents. He is after all the brand ambassador for Colors worldwide. He does seem magnanimous enough to take note of a TV actor who will definitely make it big one day.

God knows when the good production houses of Bollywood will wake up and take stock of the talent they are missing out. He is not just "fantabulous", he is magical.

See you around.

Kavita😳
-Carrie- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

My dear Zuby,

I have missed you the last 2/3 days on the forum and it needed something on our sweetheart to get you running back and say your two cents. I was so surprised at the interest that "my shortest post in the short time on the Forum πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† has generated...What started as a notional reference as I replied to neets_ltl just flew off. Chalo, pata chala ke ye sirf DSP ka kamal nahin hain, but a lot due to the enigmatic MR.

Hi Kavita,
MIA reason I gave u already thru the PM.I just noticed how awful it is to type thru mobile.πŸ˜›Guess will have to make do for a couple more days. I agree u only meant some scenes from AB's movies not the acting method of MR.I think we can safely say his is a unique style.

To come back to your reminiscences about the family outings to see Amitabh Bacchan on the big screen, ditto here. I still remember those crammed theatres in Mauritius as my Dadi was a great fan of AB....she only believed in watching him on the large canvas even at the ripe old age of 72. It was a blast. Nice memories that you brought back. Like you, I took AB home especially the Muqadar ka Sikanderwala AB that I would have loved MR enact sometimes on the big screen. I think that he is going to be just fabulous.

Goodness! True abt my family too.It was considered a taboo watching his movies on the small screen. So the whole clan stuffed in two vehicles would troop to the theatres to watch him.πŸ˜† My favourite is Amar,Akbar,Anthony but when someone on the forum asked what Mujra would each one want to perform Salaame Ishq immediately came to mind.How I want to dance for D on that one."blush"

Awww..... You called me ZDP?"blush some more" My brood? LOL.Why not? If Nakku is going to be busy harrassing Bappa & Devi & sprinting all over Ratnagiri I guess I'll have to do the honors....":P

KavitaDR thumbnail
😳😳
Originally posted by: ZubyDutta

My dear Zuby,

Hi Kavita,
MIA reason I gave u already thru the PM.I just noticed how awful it is to type thru mobile.πŸ˜›Guess will have to make do for a couple more days. I agree u only meant some scenes from AB's movies not the acting method of MR.I think we can safely say his is a unique style.

Goodness! True abt my family too.It was considered a taboo watching his movies on the small screen. So the whole clan stuffed in two vehicles would troop to the theatres to watch him.πŸ˜† My favourite is Amar,Akbar,Anthony but when someone on the forum asked what Mujra would each one want to perform Salaame Ishq immediately came to mind.How I want to dance for D on that one."blush"

Awww..... You called me ZDP?"blush some more" My brood? LOL.Why not? If Nakku is going to be busy harrassing Bappa & Devi & sprinting all over Ratnagiri I guess I'll have to do the honors....":P

Yeah Zuby Dutta Patil,πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

We will have to inform Nakusha that she better mend her ways as there are no dearth of suitors out there. The one thing that we can rest assured about you doing the honours,  is that you would have inculcated in them the passion you have for DSP and also some good sense that he might miss out on with Nakusha....Both can be so daft at the best of times.

And as to Salaame ishke meri jaan....Thank the lord that CVs did not choose that one for Seema's mujra...I would have killed them. That would have been ghor apradh!😑

Are you still blushing, red, blue, green....Hope that your mummy dearest does not get to read that. Or may be she should....

Luv,

Kavita