'I wanted to see myself on 70 mm': Mona

blyton thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
I wanted to see myself on 70 mm'
Sonal Sher

Says actress-cum-television host Mona Singh, who is waiting for producers to sign her

Mona Singh aka Jassi became a household name after she acted in TV serial Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin.

Her broad grin and simple character left a lasting imprint on audiences' mind. Mona later participated in the dance show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa and was the winner.

For the last two season, Mona has been hosting the same show. Known for her infectious voice and bubbly personality, Mona brings these traits to her on screen characters as well.

She was recently seen in the movie Ut Patang alongside Vinay Pathak.

She spoke to Metrolife about her inclination towards fashion, movies and working in Jhalak....

Mona seemed more than happy with her jump from the small to the big screen. "I loved the experience of working in Ut Patang. I always wanted to see myself on the 70 mm screen. Working with Vinay Pathak was a great experience and the movie has got a good response too," she says. She also informs that she would be soon working with him again. "I am doing another movie with him called Lakshman Rekha where he plays Lakshman and I play Rekha," she says. Mona says that she enjoys movie with a good story. "In the last couple of years, I liked Kites, even though a lot of people did not; 3 idiots, which was my movie ; and Dasvidaniya," she says.

Talking about her fashion statement – gowns in particularly as she was wearing one –   Mona says that it is only recently she has taken to the garment.

"I have only now started wearing them because I am not really lady like and have never been," she says.

And Mona seemed to be thoroughly enjoying the experience. "Indian fashion is superb. For me, fashion is about being comfortable. What I wear depends completely on the occasion," she says. Mona also agrees that being in the glamour profession has some negative points. "The sad part of this profession is that you get clicked and can't repeat your clothes," she says. "I like being fashion conscious but I would like people to know me for my work and not for my fashion," she adds.

Mona, who is currently seen on Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, is certainly happy with the show. "Jhalak... is going great. Madhuri is a great person to work with and she is a great actor; Malliaka is ever glamourous," she says. Has she learnt any new dance moves from Madhuri? "No, no. I am not looking at learning any more dance steps," she laughs.

And how are her plans for Bollywood coming along? "I plan to do a lot of movies but it just depends on the producers whether they want to take me or not. But right now, my plate is quite full," she says.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

poo_s thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
thanks blyton for the article πŸ˜Ž

why mona keep on repeating  this line" I am not really lady like and have never been," πŸ˜• even in INBDJ she said something similar
blyton thumbnail
Originally posted by: poo_s

thanks blyton for the article πŸ˜Ž

why mona keep on repeating  this line" I am not really lady like and have never been," πŸ˜• even in INBDJ she said something similar

INBDJ ghoom raha hai abhi tak dimaag mein?πŸ˜† She said that on Meethi Choori, remember?
poo_s thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: blyton

INBDJ ghoom raha hai abhi tak dimaag mein?πŸ˜† She said that on Meethi Choori, remember?

arre nahiπŸ˜†
remember when ayunshman asked her about "kabhi jaasi ki bhoot tumne gussi kya "
she said nah! juts like jassi she to had lots of complexions ..like she was clumsy & all ..
why mona ?
blyton thumbnail
Originally posted by: poo_s

arre nahiπŸ˜†
remember when ayunshman asked her about "kabhi jaasi ki bhoot tumne gussi kya "
she said nah! juts like jassi she to had lots of complexions ..like she was clumsy & all ..
why mona ?

She was standing next to someone who had been with her through all her insecurities 😳...do you remember what Apu had said once....that Mona used to tell him she wanted a better body like other actresses? And he told her that she has what other actresses don't have: the honesty for work in her eyes.πŸ‘