What is in Nani's Box? - Page 2

Posted: 13 years ago
i think there is nothing worthful for rashi.only gopi will be happier to except it
Edited by shobi12500 - 13 years ago
Could be a test, but it's heavy they has to be something in the chest, most likely as others have said a clay idol of a Hindu god or goddess that has sentimental value to the family, why I think so is she was polishing the chest and not giving it to Mani to polish as she feels she will drop the chest and the idol with break.
Bee,  I think it is something of sentimental value not monitory.  So when Rashi receives it she will be very disappointed.  But it will be something that someone like Gopi would absolutely love.

For example it could be really an old sari or lehnga...which either nani or Koki wore at their wedding.  To Rashi that will not mean anything but Gopi would love it. 

Once Rashi rejects it for something modern, it will turn out that the sari or lehnga, the entire thing is made with gold or silver threads.  

My own naani used to have lehgas and saris like that but as a girl grand child I didn't receive them but the bahus did and didn't value them as I would have.

No bitterness here!  :) 
PS Bee - the translation for a sandook is a truck.