~Kismat Article Archives~

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 13 years ago

'My role is that of an underdog in Kismat' - Rahul Bagga

'My role is that of an underdog in Kismat' - Rahul Bagga

Rahul Bagga aka Kabir of Sony TV's Kismat shares his experience of being part of the show...

Rahul Bagga who arrived in the television scenario with the noteworthy role of Mahendra Ranade in YRF's Powder on Sony Entertainment Television has today got back with an equally challenging role of Kabir in the recently launched show, Kismat.. 

Here is the actor talking to us about his new role, and the experience of playing this character.. 

Tell us something about your character in your new show Kismat?
I am essaying the character of Kabir Khan in the show. Aditya (Viraf Phiroz Patel)  and I  are born on the same day, and the difference lies only in the place of birth. My mom is basically a Muslim lady who comes to Hyderabad during the partition time, and resides with a Hindu family. After she dies during child birth, the boy is brought up for about eight years by the Hindu family. Then he gets to live with a Muslim family, and this provides him with an upbringing of both the cultures. Then he moves over to Mumbai city where he gets to spend about 12 years, where his struggle actually starts from a tea stall. 

Slowly and gradually he starts improving in his work and later on meets Aditya raj Merchant who is of his age. Eventually life brings us both on such a stance where we both envy each other. One will have to see how circumstances expose the strengths and weaknesses in us. We work towards the same goal, and that is to become Victors in life.. 

How far is your real life different than your reel life character?
The first most difference is that I have not come from a poverty line. I have been fortunate to get all the needed necessities in life. I have always been with my parents, but Kabir is the one who has been subjected to loneliness throughout his life. His whole life was spent in search of some support who he can rely on...

So talking about support, does anyone come in Kabir's life who could share his pain?
Yes, of course he meets many such people with whom he spends good time but no one remains with him forever. Everyone's presence lasted only for a short period of time. But after seeing such a painful journey in his life he somewhere becomes like a coconut, a bit hard from the outer who craves for every happiness from within. 

How is your rapport with your co actors?
It is very good, actually frankly speaking it is my second show with YRF and the best thing  about the two shows is the brilliant casting, good editors, camera person, costume designers  etc we have got. We have 300 speaking characters and around 2000 people in the frame. 

What prompted you to take up this role?
The first thing that attracted me to take up this role was the fact that this role was of an underdog, a guy who moves from rags to riches. This is something which has always appealed to the audience.  And as I said, my character has a time span of around 60 years, so essaying such a character which has so many various shades in it seems very challenging for me. I don't think any of the actors from the film industry could have got such a great opportunity to show a big life span. And I think I am quite lucky to have got it. 

Any memorable incident you would like to share while shooting for Kismat?
I have discovered many relationships while shooting.  I can't disclose it but definitely I can say that while shooting for this show, my love towards my father and sister increased. I could realize how important the feeling is to be with family.. 

How do you think the show will do?
Fortunately the show's name is Kismat. I think this show must do well because the story is so very gripping. As the story unfolds, the characters will get revealed and the story line will get intense.  The most important USP of the show is the emotion and bonding between characters.  

Which shows do you watch on small screen?
Well, now I don't get time to watch any of the shows but I like watching shows like Kaun Banega Crorepati. Otherwise I do not like the reality show formats seen on TV, especially the MTV types which open up your personal life on screen. If you are showing your personal life to everyone, that means you are not true to yourself.

It has been said that Kismat has been inspired by a novel, is it true?
Well I would say the premise of the story that shows the lives of a rich and a poor guy is something which is relatable. But it has not been picked up from any novel or book. If said that the story has been copied, it would be unfair on the part of the script writer. The story is basically of self survival.

So will the show narrate only the struggle between the two?
No it's not like that. There will be a love story, extra marital affairs, infidelity and everything that is seen in this world. It can be called as A Modern Mahabharat.

Reporter and Author: Tejashree Bhopatkar

I am thrilled when I feel I have got a scene right -Viraf Phiroz Patel

I am thrilled when I feel I have got a scene right -Viraf Phiroz Patel

Viraf Phiroz Patel aka Aditya of Sony TV's Kismat answers the impromptu rapid fire......

Your friends call you: Many things...viru ... baba patel.. srk ..item.. bad driver .. con master (smiles) 

Most often used word: Sorry & thank you

Most often used phrase: What goes around comes around

Your Special friend: My brothers Minocher & Farhad

Most memorable crush : My school choir teacher, she would make my heart croon

Favorite food and drink: Anything made and served with love & fresh lime sweet soda 

Favorite Indian television show:  KBC, Kismat &Mahi Way, sorry I am an opportunist when it comes to plugging my shows.

Your first aspiration: To be a Superman  

The toy you treasured the most as a child: My first remote control car which my brother Minocher got for me when I was eight.

The music you listen to: Mostly lounge music and movie soundtracks - (current infatuation is Hans Zimmer's 'Dream is Collapsing' from Inception)

What thrills you the most: Para jumping and when I feel I have got a scene right 

The last time you partied: I don't remember

Job sucks when: I momentarily forget its a privilege and that I should enjoy it while it lasts

You feel like a star when:  When my near & dear ones praise my work 

One thing you don't know about yourself: That I am still getting to know myself

The best advice you ever received: Everything is relative to time, place, circumstance, culture & religion, so try not to judge.

Reporter and Author: Saranya Valsarajan

Posted: 13 years ago

Viraf and Rahul have the 'Holi' of their life...

Viraf and Rahul have the 'Holi' of their life...

For a change, the on screen rivalry of Aditya and Kabir in Sony TV'sKismat was overshadowed by the close bond that Rahul Bagga and Viraf share..

When it is a festive season, friendship and cordiality are considered most important, and this was exactly the scenario observed between the most sophisticated Aditya Merchant and the most ambitious Kabir Khan on Sony TV and YRF's Kismat

What happens when the two on screen rivals come face to face on the occasion of Holi? Well, we guess the picture says it all!! 

Rahul Bagga aka Kabir and Viraf Phiroz Patelwho essays the role of Aditya, in fact share a great off screen friendship and ended up playing one of the craziest and fun filled Holi with their co-stars Kiren Jogi and Jhanvi. 

Our source from the set says, "The four were seen at their notorious best where they were busy colouring each other as though to win out a competition. They had the most crazy time possible, and it turned out to be the Holi of their life". 

We hear that Kiren Jogi who played with colors for the very first time, enjoyed to the core. 

Well, who said that friendship cannot overshadow the enmity that exists between two individuals? As in the case of Aditya and Kabir, their off screen persona undoubtedly covered their on screen enmity, at least on the given day.. 

Reporter and Author: Saranya Valsarajan
_________