My first post

shareShare facebook twitter
  •  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago

Ok. So it's is my first post. Now, before I begin I must tell u that in my entire life up to now, I have followed (with all my heart & feelings without missing a single episode) just 2 serials. They are "Kareena Kareena" & "Miley Jab Hum Tum". That ought to tell u something. I hate (especially mindless & meaningless) 'saas-bahu' dramas with women wearing expensive silk sarees & Gold & diamond jewelries even while sleeping. There will always be an evil character & a "julm sahne wali bahu". Many might say "Pavitra Rishta" isn't glitzy & glamorous but it's over dramatic & fictitious.

So coming back to how I landed up on SGP. Before the show began, I watched its promo & decided to watch it bcoz of Ragini Khanna. She was just awesome in "Bhaskar Bharti". And at the very end of that promo I saw its name "Sasural Genda Phool". That was the most "Saas-bahuish" title I've ever heard. My interest instantly faded. I planned to watch a couple of episodes but another thing that held me was the timing. 7:30 isn't the ideal time for a student. So I missed it completely. Than after a month & a half, free from the burden of studies, luckily & unknowingly I arrived at Star plus at 7:30. It was the episode where Suhana's friends come over to the Kashayp house. After that episode I found myself the 3rd greatest serial of my life & the rest is what they see is history.

One of the main essentials for a good TV serial is a strong & logical main story. SGP definitely has it. But what sets it apart from others are the equally stronger side tracks. I haven't seen another serial where so many "logical" things are going around at the same time. And what is lovely is that each & every person in the show has a unique character & characteristics about him/her.

I hope that it continues to entertain me. Even if it doesn't I won't leave its side till it rests in peace.

A VERY BIG THANK U TO SGP TEAM INCLUDING THE MAKERS FOR ENTERTAINING ME

P.S.:- I hear that there is a dramatic & "never attempted before" track waiting on the horizon. I don't care. As long as it's strong, logical & "really" emotional, I can accept anything. 

hey welcome to the SGPian community! Hug
Hi, Nilay B, your post reminded of how I landed up here and became one critically , uncurible addict to SGP and Ragini!!! A warm welcome to you from me and all us SGPians who share the same feelings and sentiments about SGP as you do. Please be part of our family here, I personally guarntee you that you will have a very decent time here, with meaningfull discussions and full of humour.
Welcome to SGP forum dear....
I can surely say u will have loads of fun here around...
welcome to SGP fourm ..enjoy and have fun.
heyy welcum.. am new too Smile