DID Doubles

It Sucked! - Page 3

-Aaliyah- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
This content was originally posted by: debayon

Sorry, Simi, no offense, but I find that extremely disrespectful of the other couples. Just because one likes a couple(or a person within that unit) doesn't mean one should skip the other performances.
I agree, Karan-Carling are good, but they are not the best. Maybe that is why you are finding it lame, you aren't viewing the other performances at all. Perhaps if you try to look at the other performances, then maybe you'd know where your couple stands from another frame of reference. It is OK to support a particular couple, but to only watch a show for the heck of that couple is not being er, sporty, for lack of a better term.

Sorry if I offended you, just my 2 cents😊

i watch half the performance and then I decide if I like it or not.
Then I skip

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ThatOneGuy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Sorry Prud ji, I agree with what you're trying to say here, but I disagree with your comment here.

The ratings are not an accurate representative of what the audience wants. Do you know how they calculate the ratings of a particular show. They randomly select a certain area of viewership and calculate the number of viewers watching the show within that population(or statistic) Then they use that numerical value to estimate how many would be watching the show nationwide. So, basically they take the statistics from a sample of the population and expand it to represent the overall population. How is that not biased? But yes, it is almost precise.

Wow πŸ˜• I didn't know that...thanks for sharing.
Prithvi and Vivek were amazing!!
akanna thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Sorry Prud ji, I agree with what you're trying to say here, but I disagree with your comment here.
The ratings are not an accurate representative of what the audience wants. Do you know how they calculate the ratings of a particular show. They randomly select a certain area of viewership and calculate the number of viewers watching the show within that population(or statistic) Then they use that numerical value to estimate how many would be watching the show nationwide. So, basically they take the statistics from a sample of the population and expand it to represent the overall population. How is that not biased? But yes, it is almost precise.

Thank you Deb! I tried to say the same in earlier weeks on other threads but you have put them in better words! I tried posting articles about the ratings data collection process, but in vain!!

Not only that, they select the viewers from a particular area in Mumbai, and how can that be counted as the viewing of the rest of Indians throughout the country?? Then I have read in a magazine once that the stat data is collected during the first few minutes of each show, and so they ask people to keep specific channels turned on for the first few minutes of some shows for data collection. Plus they use an instrument to collect the data, and so they dont have a random pool of viewers for each show or each day, but a fixed group of people for many months!!
akanna thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: Prud123

Well i dont understand one thing you dont like DID dont watch it why  the hell are you guys torturing yourself.No one is forcing you guys to watch it

None of us said we dont like DID!! Of course we wouldnt watch it if we dont want to, and we have the right to make a choice!! I didnt know this is an opinion poll thread as to whether we should be watching DID or not!! btw, no one is forcing others to read our posts.
Rapier thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Simi_PagalLadki

Was it just me or did DID totally suck yesterday? 

I mean I ended up skipping all the performances! No one was completing their moves and everyone was calling it perfect! I felt like I was watching JDJ with people who can't dance. The only people who actually did decent were Amit and Falon and Karan and Carling. 

Even though they've had about a month's training now with their masters, none of them have improved a bit. Honestly, they seemed better in the auditions. 

what do you think?

do u mean saturday's episode? well i dunno. i liked it. it was better than friday's at least!

and as far as elimination, dada is definitely on something. he is messed up. vikku-nikku were loads better than rahul-roza. i mean what was he thinking?
Rapier thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Prud123

Well i dont understand one thing you dont like DID dont watch it why  the hell are you guys torturing yourself.No one is forcing you guys to watch it

the same reason u r torturing urself by reading those comments. it works both ways sweetie!πŸ˜‰ and tell me where and in what book it says that a "forum is a place where users are only allowed to appreciate a certain subject." as far as i know, the forum is a place where users 'discuss' a certain subject. the one u r thinking of is called a "fan club." go join a DID fan club. this is a forum.
Edited by Rapier - 13 years ago
yipee thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i totally agree...the performances were not upto the mark...i loved amit falon...i guess only their perf was perfect acc to me...prithvi and vivek were good but i guess for me some of their earlier performances have been better...

i hope it was just one of those bad days for the show
dmgmjht4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I still haven't seen today's episode yet, will be in a few. Decided to go watch Patalia House instead of staying home and watch DID. πŸ˜†

But honestly, no couple has been able to impress me with the exception Amit and Falon. I like others such as Cornell and Sonali and Karan and Carling. But from yesterday's performances, I really was not impressed nor was I amazed by their performance.

The one thing I do like in the show is that no single person, or couple in this case, is overrated. Last year it was Dharmesh, and I really didn't watch DID 1 that regularly so not sure about the overrated bit in that season. Overall, I don't think there is any "one" couple that is completely getting all of the attention from the start. Well, maybe the "hawt and happening" Shweta. πŸ˜†

Anyways, I'm just waiting for some really good performances from all teams. Marzi is probably the best right now, with Geeta being slightly better than Rajeev. And Mithun needs to talk as minimum as possible. That's my opinion. And P.S. reality shows are meant to be criticized. 
BeastInCarnage thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Not everything will run for years. Everything has to stop somewhere. Its being irritating if it goes extended so much. Actually Zee just brought that show quite early when its not been even a year to pass last years DID.  This is like an overdose to audience. Some are interested but some needs a break.
I think this is reason , these year DID have that clumsy atmosphere.