Rang Badalti Odhani

Wandering Mind !! - Page 5

tanthya thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
This content was originally posted by: -Manita-

Awesome discussion......

thanks tanthya for making the topic and bringing on the discussion.....
loved everyones views......

wonderful points put forward by gaayu.......they resonate the pulse of the forum.....commendable indeed !!

My dad says that we should always keep in mind -- "Some mistakes can be corrected and some absolutely cannot. Similarly, some mistakes can be forgiven but some are such that they deserve punishment. So  the actions and reactions should be well thought of before committing something serious."
In this case what sort of crime Rahul has committed I would like to ask other members.....
Was it a simple friendly kiddish joke ??........
or a serious attempt to play with a woman's honour , self respect and reputation.......that too roping in her dead husband's look alike ??

The immaturity of characters is highlighted with this one Rahul -Shaan hug.................

my POV.......Rahul's character can not be redeemed and even if it is......
I don't see the character fit to play a parallel lead to the Shaan who was once the apple of our eye and is now reduced to a sissy......

My pleasure, manita ,😊

I have always been brought up on the creed , that there is no severe punishment than forgiveness .......

As for MMS, It was a deliberate, cold blooded decision to play with the honor,prestige and self respect of a woman....But My question is, Is   Punishment enough ?? what use is the punishment if the perpetrator does not realize the enormity of his crime ?? would not  it make more sense , if Rahul realizes his SIN .. genuinely repents , gets justly punished...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Manita- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: tanthya

I have always been brought up on the creed , that there is no severe punishment than forgiveness .......

As for MMS, It was a deliberate, cold blooded decision to play with the honor,prestige and self respect of a woman....But My question is, Is   Punishment enough ?? what use is the punishment if the perpetrator does not realize the enormity of his crime ?? would not  it make more sense , if Rahul realizes his SIN .. genuinely repents , gets justly punished...

No dear you are misunderstanding me........the quote I used was for keeping a watchdog on our own actions.....whether they are small or big and what consequences they would bear.....

As for forgiveness and punishment........do you think a rape can be forgiven?......a murder can be forgiven?..... playing with sanctity of women can be forgiven...?? No, I don't think so.......

Of course the character Rahul doesn't show any remorse.......he deserves to be punished and not forgiven..........like Shaan did...........
but punishment doesn't necessary means putting him behind the bars.......his friends leaving him forever to repent .............or Khanak giving him a really long lecture..............or Shaan pulling his collars and then telling him how he is ashamed that he was once friends with this person..............
him getting cold sweats and ugly nightmares in sleep is a punishment in the scope of a TV show......

nothing happened here.....................
and by the way...................having to live in the guilt of doing such an act is a punishment in itself....
but it is only applicable to people with conscience................Rahul doesn't have that !!
-Veena- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Hi there .. great topic.

Will comment on the alast line first:
This Serial has lots of potential, will the CV's explore  it ??

The CV's have failed to so far. Really they did have a great momentum going but somewhere they have lost it in handling all the tracks and the can't get their arms around it and don't know what to do.Now with the Dhulwadi track as much as we love it.. it is all fan insistence.. is this something that they had planned or had in mind?

Anyways about Rahul in the show.. ok so lets assume he is much needed.. but the way he was got in "larger than life" for a simple show .. didn't fit in. CV's goofed up their own show..what did they want to do.. jazz it up?? It is all about the character now.. he has swayed from one end to the other.. so what do we assume now.. he is good? He is bad?? MMS issue.. how huge is it.. brushed under the carpet? All this doesn't fit in.

At the end of the day.. i realize that Rahul will be in the show and they need additional characters to fit the 6 day format to be fair to the lead.. but with the amazing actors they have the CV's have just failed to dazzle!!!

I really hope that they did better than this!
tanthya thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: deepa_01

@tanthya..i don thnk ny of us here hv ny qualms wid d new gurl...d main pt is d Whole MMS-DHULWADI seems so rushed n hush...we wudn't hv hd ny problem hd Shaanz character wud hv been atleast 50%remorseful nd Manishz payng atleast sme price 4 his act.....dey hv tken d whole MMS thng in a very light note n supposedly d show airs on Starone which is a youth channel...nd sendin a wrong msg can't be dne wid!!WHO KNOWS WHO ALL GT INSPIRED??creative license ??? bt dis....na baba....

**SIgh** I agree..Things are being rushed...thereby making it seem very superficial and unconvincing....

They have shown Shaan being tormented by the MMS ...but yes they have not  shown Shan sincerely  feeling remorse ...I think that will come later... Since MMS issue is still alive  ....He will realize the depth and seriousnes of the issue when Khanak finally rips [ unless they take into their head  to make this light hearted too 😡😡]

tanthya thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: -Veena-

Hi there .. great topic.

Will comment on the alast line first:
This Serial has lots of potential, will the CV's explore  it ??

The CV's have failed to so far. Really they did have a great momentum going but somewhere they have lost it in handling all the tracks and the can't get their arms around it and don't know what to do.Now with the Dhulwadi track as much as we love it.. it is all fan insistence.. is this something that they had planned or had in mind?

Anyways about Rahul in the show.. ok so lets assume he is much needed.. but the way he was got in "larger than life" for a simple show .. didn't fit in. CV's goofed up their own show..what did they want to do.. jazz it up?? It is all about the character now.. he has swayed from one end to the other.. so what do we assume now.. he is good? He is bad?? MMS issue.. how huge is it.. brushed under the carpet? All this doesn't fit in.

At the end of the day.. i realize that Rahul will be in the show and they need additional characters to fit the 6 day format to be fair to the lead.. but with the amazing actors they have the CV's have just failed to dazzle!!!

I really hope that they did better than this!

Hi Veena ,

Agree with you , that the show got all wobbly  in the middle  ....but now it appears to be finding a semblance of a footing ..All serials have this ups and downs ...it is a matter of striking the right chord ...sometimes we get it on the first try..sometimes on the second or third try ......Since it is a common knowledge that CV's wobbled and almost toppled over with RO..it can be said that  they are beginning to regain their footing ..The smooth and reasonable transition from Mumbai to Dhulwadi suggests that  ...even if it was  at fan's insistence, the fact they have brought in Dhulwadi without creating hiccups or seismic shocks augurs well .

I do not know why there is an general assumption that MMS has been brushed under the carpet...I would say it is in the back burner but not completely gone...and I hope the CV's deal with this rising menace   responsibly .....
-Veena- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
^ I agree to what you are saying..
@Dhulwadi.. good smooth turn instead of being drastic..
@MMS.. i don't know what to think of it... really hope it is on the back burner brewing than under the carpet hiding.. 😆

I agree atleast the CV"s are making an effort.. hope they don't go overboard now..LOL.. can we ever be happy! ?
tanthya thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: KrazEee

Nice post and I agree they should have let Rahul remain negative or if they wanted to turn him positive, should have done it slowly in a proper way...certainly not the way it went  - turn positive with one slap - it made no sense

True that, but personally I think they won't (my opinion only). I say this because I feel RBO is very much in its last stages...not something I want, neither is there any confirmed news about it, but things seem to be going that way...Nitinjaishukla saying they are shooting promo for new serial, channel neglecting RBO BIG TIME! etc....Geet is their no.1 show at the min (why it is, can be another debate in itself), pkyek also doing fairly well and the other two shows despite doing not-so-good they will be given a chance because they are quite recent which leave RBO to be the TRP victim...I fail to understand why good content can't last longer!

The way they are rushing I would be surprised if they let this show go beyond april. . .

Forgive me, krazee ..but I was not a avid watcher [once Shan came from their journey ] ..so WHAT SLAP??

Agree with what u said..one minute , Rahul is Mr.Hyde and the next instance he is a sainted Angel ...the change was too hurried ..

If the Show gains good TRP's ...then anything is possible.. lets keep fingers and toes crossed...😊
tanthya thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: -Veena-

^ I agree to what you are saying..

@Dhulwadi.. good smooth turn instead of being drastic..
@MMS.. i don't know what to think of it... really hope it is on the back burner brewing than under the carpet hiding.. 😆

I agree atleast the CV"s are making an effort.. hope they don't go overboard now..LOL.. can we ever be happy! ?

Never !!! 😃..we will always find something to gripe and the CV's will provide enough cause for us to gripe..I   have faith in them !!!😆😆😆
tanthya thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: -Manita-

No dear you are misunderstanding me........the quote I used was for keeping a watchdog on our own actions.....whether they are small or big and what consequences they would bear.....

As for forgiveness and punishment........do you think a rape can be forgiven?......a murder can be forgiven?..... playing with sanctity of women can be forgiven...?? No, I don't think so.......

Of course the character Rahul doesn't show any remorse.......he deserves to be punished and not forgiven..........like Shaan did...........
but punishment doesn't necessary means putting him behind the bars.......his friends leaving him forever to repent .............or Khanak giving him a really long lecture..............or Shaan pulling his collars and then telling him how he is ashamed that he was once friends with this person..............
him getting cold sweats and ugly nightmares in sleep is a punishment in the scope of a TV show......

nothing happened here.....................
and by the way...................having to live in the guilt of doing such an act is a punishment in itself....
but it is only applicable to people with conscience................Rahul doesn't have that !!

Again , Manita ..it depends on the perspective of the victime...and the kind of upbringing she or has has had ....Some victims will thirst for justice, Some will apportion the blame on themselves, Some will blame fate, Some will shirk off and move on and for some Life ends at this point and some go to the extreme'ss and end their lifes...So you see Manita.. A single deed can give raise to different reaction's among individuals....one can not expect them to act acc to our lights...

as for not prolonging the repentance part of Rahul [ I was told that he showed repentance for all of 1 sec 😕] ..Had it been a channel  with melodrama as its driving force, then we would have witnessed extended  repentance for about 2 weeks but this is Star one...A channel which caters to the urban Youth , and which is determinedly fluffy, light and superficial ...it does not allow for seriousness to creep in ....Any significant and serious issues are dealt in frivolous manner  which is not pleasing to our sense of drama  but complies with the channel's creed..
rooj-i thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
wow...idk how i missed this...ok i will be back with my views...but beautifully penned down Tanthya...u have a way with words